WELCOME TO EARTH-740.

X-Men Revolution is an Earth-616 inspired advanced RPG. We are loosely inspired by canon comic and movies, but have our own history, original characters and plots.

Join us as an original character, or pick one from marvel canon!

x-men
REVOLUTION
Pages: (2) 1 2  ( Go to first unread post )
Add Reply

The Ace of Spades, Poker at Clints
No, I'm not sleeping with Nat
played by:
Crypt
SHIELD
Time: Jan 2nd

Clint looked around his smaller apartment. Everything seemed to be in place. The invitations went out. The door was open...

The SHIELD agent had a tradition; he hosted Poker Nights - but the poker nights were just any poker nights. They were open to pretty much anyone who wanted to come and who wasn't on SHIELD's most wanted list. He'd been around the block a few times, and made friends in low places. This was a way for people to come together, without the politics, and just have a good time.

One of the more..unusual...parts of the archer was the fact he owned an apartment building. It was one of those stories where he saw something wrong, and rather than try and fix things, he just...bought the building. The next few years were spent renovating, updating and basically making the apartment building in Hell's Kitchen something that wasn't awful. He learned who his neighbors were, and half of them had figured out he was something more than just "Clint, the superintendent." Of course, it could be the long weekends away. It had to be the long weekends away.

His apartment was smaller, like most in the building - but it was him, so he didn't need much. Everything was clean, though. He'd made sure of that. Everything was clean, the kitchen had food lining the counters, and there were drinks of the non-alcoholic type on the other counter.

The cooler with beer was by the table.

He was dressed casually; jeans and a Henley. Shoes. That was about it. There wasn't any reason for anything fancier. It was just a power game.

Everything was ready; he just needed people...

--------------------
This is meant to be just a free for all, have fun. If you have a reason to know Clint, we're welcome to join!
Dating Logan
played by:
Kris
X-Factor
Damn it was cold outside. Jet snuggled herself within her coat, and rubbed her gloved hands together. The helmet she wore was dangling by it’s strap on her arm. Logan had surprised her with a bike of her own, but it being Winter, and her not having her motorcycle license yet, she was going to poker night as Logan’s plus one. The blonde was making her way to the apartment of Clint.

Now she had never officially met the man but Logan told her he was an old friend of his. She was surprised to get an invitation as poker night usually meant ‘boys only’. But tonight was different, and Logan had extended an invitation her way. When she asked the Canadian feral about it he told her that Clint had an open invite, and he was bringing her along because Clint got distracted by titties. That earned quite the eye roll on her part. And with the shirt she was wearing under her leather jacket she hoped to God this Clint had good heating.

Logan had sent her ahead and told Jet he’d meet her there. Looking at the numbers on the doors she finally found the right one. Placing herself in front of it she knocked four times. Jet asked Logan if there was something she was suppose to bring, but was told nothing. Still, she would have felt like a terrible guest if she didn’t bring something. In her backpack, not purse as that was impractical while riding on Logan’s bike, was something she’d hoped would be okay with Clint.
--------------------
**********user posted image**********
played by:
Crypt
SHIELD
He’d waited. Clint knew Nat would be late, but she promised she’d come. Who knew Kate’s schedule these days. She’d left him a note she would show up if she could, but these days? Who knew! Kate and her side adventure...when she wasn’t a cop, she was a vigilante. But hey - Clint loved her like a daughter, so….he prayed a few other men would show up. Logan had dropped some sort of cryphic note that he might, but who knew. Otherwise…..

When there was a knock at the door, he didn’t hesitate. This was his home and people who knocked at his door were either friends, tenants who needed something or...well, there were no other ors. He’d made sure the local mobsters kept out of his building, and villains didn’t knock. The door was opened, and Clint started his greeting like he normally did. “Hello!!!! How can I…” but his words trailed off when he saw the vision in front of him. She was smoking hot, and alone...and not someone Clint knew.

For one, brief moment, Clint wondered if this was a prank Nat was playing on him. It seemed plausible...send a gorgeous woman over to distract him...and oh, my, God, she was gorgeous, and he was reminded just how alone he was. With a wide smile, the archer offered his hand. “I’m Clint. You knocked on my door, so please, fair lady, tell me how I may help you….”

Jet took his hand and breathed a sigh of relief, she had the right door. Taking his hand and giving a good firm handshake she replied, “I’m Jet. Poker night, right? I’m here with Logan. He’s just parking the bike.”

And, it was all a horrible, horrible joke.

There was a moment of comedy as Clint just stared. The woman was beautiful AND articulate AND with Logan? That...just. Didn’t. Add. up. “Welcome, Jet. Yes, Poker night...come on in…” He motioned inwards, offering to take her coat if she so desires. “Booze is in fridge. Snacks on side table...and you said you were with Logan? Like….Shnitck, I kill things Logan?” The disbelief was obvious…

She stood in awkward silence for a moment, until he lead her in the apartment. When he offered to take her coat she zipped it down from the very top and slid it down to take it off, slipping out of the sleeves and feeling the warmth within the apartment the blonde felt her body feeling less cold. The deep red low cut shirt she had felt like a bad idea at the time, because of how cold it was. The long sleeves were bunched up where her gloves had previously been. After she gave Clint her jacket and gave her thanks she took off her gloves and shoved them into her helmet. Clint asked if she meant the Logan they knew. “Add a bub here and a grunt there and you got that impersonation down to a T.”

Jet gave him a smile. It did seem odd but it was true. “Oh!” Jet knelt down to open her backpack, “I also brought some stuff with me, to be a good guest. I’m never comfortable bringing nothing to someone else’s house.” She pulled out a bottle of whiskey and a container of homemade cookies. She zipped her pack back up and held the two items in her hands, “I couldn’t pick which I should bring.” She wondered if bringing the cookies was too much of a girly thing to do.

He closed the door, taking the coat and mentally reminding himself she was a friend’s girlfriend. It would be ungentlemanly to look...and those very thought were reinforced - a lot - when the coat was fully removed. Clearing his throat, he offered his apologies. “I’m sorry..the woman I’ve known Logan with aren’t usually as…..articulate…” The smile was wide and warm. The coat was taken and put in a closet, the helmut up on a shelf.

With a chuckle she gave a half nod and replied, “Well thank you. I do my best to use my words.”

When he turned back to the woman, she was bending over (eyes up, eyes UP) and reaching into her back...and what she brought out…

With a groan, Clint took the offered gifts, but seem most moved by the cookies. “Jet, if you weren’t with Logan, I would give you a kiss you would never forget.” He opened the tin and sniffed, making appreciative noises.

Jet laughed in response to his reaction for the cookies. Good, she worried it was too much. But he seemed to like it so far.

Apparently the smell of cookies was enough to bring the dog scrambling out from the back room. The one eyed mutt of a dog came barreling out and started jumping on the new person. Quickly, Clint put the cookies on the counter (where Lucky wouldn’t eat them) and commanded, “Lucky! Down!” It worked OH so well.. Lucky wagged his tail, doing his best to lick the blond. “Come on, Lucky…..DOWN!” Clint went to reach for the dog’s collar to pull him off…

Jet gave a pleased exclaim and used her arm to hold the jumping dog, “Hello there, cutie.” The dog was successful in licking her. All at once the blonde was trying to hold the dog, so he wouldn’t jump and pull her shirt down, and pet him. “Aww, hello Lucky! Aren’t you a handsome… boy?” Looking at Clint for confirmation of the dog’s gender, Lucky could be a girl’s name. She noticed the dog’s missing eye and continued to pet him. Clint started to reach for the dog’s collar, but missed as the dog jumped which caused Clint's hand to brush against Jet's chest.

And that’s when Logan walked in….

Logan
dating Jet
played by:
Timid
Logan
X-Men
Logan loved poker nights. Brew, buddies, everyone cheating at cards, war stories, and nachos, if Heaven came down to Earth, Logan would bet it looked like this. There were very very few places the old man could let his guard down, could simply be himself and let things go as they went. Playing poker with the guys, well it was one of the best of those places. These days he had a woman, one that so far was worth hanging on to. So he had decided to bring her into her world a bit at a time, let her see who he was and if that remained a person she was willing to deal with. So far Jet Black had proven to be a breath of fresh air and warm thoughts that he hadn’t realized he’d needed. So the invite was easy. Come play poker, distract some boys with your lovely figure, see how the thugs Logan got along with acted outside the limelight. Besides, with his amazing senses, he could fill his eyes and nose with Jet’s beauty, while still keep his mind on the game.

As part of the mind games here, Logan sent Jet up first while he parked the bike. Not caring about regulation or laws, the Canadian simply drove it to a spot behind the apartment complex and kicked out the stand before killing engine. He pinned a note to his always carried but never used helmet. “Go ahead morans. Try to take this. Security system involves, fire, ninjas, and a robotic cheetah. Good luck.” with a grin. Next he did set the alarm, a high pitched scream that he would hear effortlessly, accompanied by 100,000 volts to whoever set it off. Logan really liked his bike, and would go through great lengths to deal with anyone who tried to take it. Everything settled he took two black bottles with no labels from a saddle bag and headed on in.

As always, Logan heard things as he approached the door. It always seemed odd to him, having closed doors. People hid behind them, thought they removed the world from themselves, believed they created privacy and security. The old man knew better, there was no privacy in this world, people had voted against it with their myfacebook accounts and their flutters, and ever less security. Jet had Clint all a stutter already, a great start to a great evening.

“I’m sorry..the woman I’ve known Logan with aren’t usually as…..articulate…”

Oh that was going to get challenged in short order, however Logan was distracted by a child who ran past him in the hallway and tripped trying to get around the short, but powerfully built feral. The child couldn’t have been more then 5, maybe just a big 3 or 4 actually. He stared up at Logan with eyes bigger then teacups.

“Ain’t nothing her for you, bub. Move along.”

Throwing his rough manner off some was Logan’s extended hands, one helping the child up, the other slipping a candy into his pocket. The child listened and took off one back to his feet as Clint continued to make a fool of himself in his home.

“Jet, if you weren’t with Logan, I would give you a kiss you would never forget.”

There were sounds of a commotion, that would be Lucky, the mutt that couldn’t die, making his entrance and scoring some time of his own with Jet. The gal loved animals, one reason why she liked Logan himself maybe. He let her happy exclamations over the mutt go on for a bit, before opening the door and striding in like he owned the place.

“But as she’s with me, you’ll have to settle for kissing my ass? Is that what you were saying Clint? I got you something special this time round, but the dame ain’t it. Get yer hand outta her shirt and your ass over here before I decide I’m the jealous type. Or stay as you are and I can add another hand to my pile.”

Logan was in fact the jealous type, very much so. Hell he had carried a torch for many a lady he wasn’t even with and picked fights cause of it. However Clint was on of the originals, a man who went far enough back with the Wolverine to be granted almost unlimited sway. Assuming his hand moved real fast right about now, of course.
--------------------
user posted image
Trey is hero.
Ask Tommy, I don't know anymore
played by:
Si
Others
Kate hesitated when she noticed the spot she usually parked her ride in was already taken. She ended up having to park further down the street and wasn’t entirely happy about it, given the general state of the neighbourhood.

Clint always insisted he loved Hell’s Kitchen but she had a feeling he was really just attached to the building residents he looked after. If they were transplanted to a nicer part of the city, wholesale, she couldn’t imagine him wailing about the lack of shops that had to keep metal grating over their windows 24/7 or how quiet it was when there wasn’t a fight or security alarm kicking off every few hours. She fought tooth and nail to help tackle the crime in the area but she couldn’t understand living there when your budget allowed for broader options.

Each to their own though. As long as her Suzuki stayed her own, and not someone else’s joyride.

As she wandered back up towards Clint’s, she caught sight of the note someone had pinned to the larger bike taking up ‘her spot’.

“Go ahead morans. Try to take this. Security system involves, fire, ninjas, and a robotic cheetah. Good luck.”

That, coupled with the helmet dangling from the handlebars set off the detective portion of her mind without even realising. The helmet looked like it had been dangling there for… well, years really. The internal lining bore signs of weathering, but wasn’t worn on any of the points you’d expect to see from being repeatedly put on and taken off. And whoever this was clearly either had a talent for exaggeration on a par with Thebe Okonma, or they weren’t kidding and had some serious technical skills. Then again, the owner couldn’t even spell morons, so… maybe it was someone who knew Doctor Nemesis or Box?

“Hm…”

She was still carrying her own helmet, using it like a shopping basket to carry a few bits and bobs she’d brought that didn’t fit in her backpack, mostly dog treats for Lucky. By the time she made it up to Clint’s apartment the door was open and there was… a very strange tableau on display.

The Archer stood at the threshold, looked from one figure to another and back again over the rim of her aviators. “Sooo… just another day in the Barton household, huh? Or did I get my calendar dates crossed? I mean, I came for poker, but if it’s swingers night I’ll just grab Lucky and take him for a long-ass walk…”

She smiled as she bent down to give the mutt a greeting pat when he scampered over, muttering “Who’s the bestest Pizza Dog? You are! Yes you are!” and other such nonsense that was more about tone than meaningful sentences.

“And hello fellow humans, or those of at least a bipedal persuasion… Because I’m totally not here just to see the dog.” She coughed and cleared her throat as she straightened up. “Hi, I’m Kate.”
played by:
Crypt
SHIELD
He loved his monthly poker games. They were a time for those who fought the good fight to come together and just...enjoy being human. Okay, so he was human, but it was a time for people to enjoy being normal. Maybe that was a better way to put it. Normal. Just a bunch of friends, having fun, playing poker, drinking beer. Of course, every last one was adept at cheating - and did half the time. Part of figuring out who was cheating in that moment was part of the fun. And yes, everyone invited could kill someone with but a flick of a wrist....but hey! Good people! Good food! Good times!

He was used to Nat. He was used to Kate. Adding Jet into the mix meant that tonight the men might very well be outnumbered - which was fine. He hoped.

And a damn dog...

OF COURSE, Logan would show up the moment Lucky tripped him, he fell into Jet, his hands were in wrong places and the normally suave man was anything BUT. And of COURSE Kate would be right behind him. He might as well kiss all his money good bye if that was how today was shaping up.

“But as she’s with me, you’ll have to settle for kissing my ass? Is that what you were saying Clint? I got you something special this time round, but the dame ain’t it. Get yer hand outta her shirt and your ass over here before I decide I’m the jealous type. Or stay as you are and I can add another hand to my pile.”

He didn't bother explaining. He did bother apologizing to the beautiful woman. "I am so sorry....." The offensive hand was removed, and the dog was scolded - but left with Jet as the pair seemed to be hitting it off swimmingly. There was something muttered about no treats later on, but anyone who knew Clint knew that was a lie. And then some.

Moving over to Logan, he offered his hand in greeting. The pair went back a long way; Clint appreciated Logan more than many. There was something raw and authentic about the other man that Clint liked. Of course, with Logan and Nat as friends - well, Clint had a type. "I see what you did there. Brought in Jet as a distraction..." His grin was wide as he motioned towards the kitchen area. "You know where the beer is. I even brought in some Tequila for old times sake..."

“Sooo… just another day in the Barton household, huh? Or did I get my calendar dates crossed? I mean, I came for poker, but if it’s swingers night I’ll just grab Lucky and take him for a long-ass walk…”

Clint actually blushed.

He was not a swinger; sure, he enjoyed a date or two, but he hadn't been serious with anyone since his marriage imploded several years ago. Kate was much too young for him; she was like a younger sister - despite stupid off color comments. Nat and he? Never. Ever. But he wasn't going to take Kate's zings lying down. "Nah, it's Poker night; apparently the fairer sex is is rallying tonight - though...if you want a swinger's night - you have keys to my place and I'm sure I can call someone more your speed...." He smirked at her.

Offering introductions around, he pointed and named, "Logan. Jet. Kate. Nat is supposed to be coming. Who knows who else. " He shrugged and motioned towards the kitchen area. "Food. Booze. In there..." The card table was obvious. "So..yeah. People..."

Logan
Black widow
Jet Black
Kate Bishop
Strength, Speed, Longevity, Cybernetic Arm
In a relationship with Jac Falsworth
played by:
Heather
SHIELD
It had been months since Genosha, and the Winter Soldier was still a ghost in the wind. He had his reasons, and he was not going to share them... not yet, and he wasn't the sort of man to ask permission or file field reports. So, he knew very well that he was going to have to face the consequences of what he was doing when it was all over, but Bucky Barnes, even back when he was only Bucky Barnes never thought much of consequences. To him the result was what was important. It had made him a problematic soldier, perhaps, but a damned fine assassin and spy.

No one had seen him in these months, not even Jac or Nat, though he had left them signs that he was still alive. It wasn't a perfect situation, but he wasn't a perfect man. Never claimed to be. You wanted perfect, you looked to Steve Rogers. You wanted Bucky, you dealt with his damage and how it defined him.

But, there also something to be said for sociability, and if there was anything the Soldier missed about who he had once been was that. The Bucky-that-was, the Brooklyn hooligan running around before the war, had been a goddamned butterfly. Everyone knew him, and most liked him. Now? He could count the number of people who gave a damn about his existence on one hand, and one of those people had dropped a sign in one of their drop points about this gathering.

Dressed in a windbreaker and gloves to hide his metal arm, a ball cap over his long hair, and a decent amount of scruff to hide his deceptively youthful face, Bucky stood outside the building for a long time, watching the arrivals. They wouldn't have seen him, though Logan probably would have smelled him. Not that he stunk, not of unwashed flesh nor of scented colognes or soaps. He had learned long ago that being invisible to notice was about more than just hiding in the shadows. Your opponent smelling you could get you killed as easily as them seeing you. But Logan, who Bucky remembered from when he was just a soldier and not the Soldier, was a mutant. Back then, the genetically evolved weren't as well known, or understood, but it had been enough to know that he was able to do things that most people couldn't.

So, Logan probably would have sniffed him out, and been able to tell that he wasn't here to do anyone any harm. The feral would have definitely been sniffing for any kind of malice. Bucky wouldn't take offense to that. He knew that he was scary, a boogeyman, and that everyone was well aware that he was a dangerous man who had killed and was capable of being controlled into killing again. Bucky feared himself, and spent more time than he would ever admit forcing himself to meditate or pull himself back from the edge.

This was a necessary thing, this forced socialization, though probably none of the participants in this card game understood why... well, maybe Logan. But Bucky knew he'd been in isolation too long. It was important for him to remember that he wasn't just a weapon, an instrument of death.

So, it was with that thought in mind that Bucky ended up standing in front of Clint's apartment, catching the door that was swinging shut after Kate's entry. He looked around him at the assemblage and said, "Hey. Room for one more?" He looked at the cookies that had been brought and said, "I didn't bake anything."
dating Jet
played by:
Timid
Logan
X-Men
There were three people in the world, as far as Logan knew, who could get the drop on the small ugly man. One was Victor Creed, a man he'd known too long and hated way too much. The two predators knew each other enough and knew too much about tracking and ambushes so it was always a dance of the unexpected with them. The second one was Yuiko, the crazy one. A woman from his past more reckless then any other and who by all rights should hold his heart but didn't. The third, the one who by process of elimination had to be at the door was a ghost, a myth, a rumor.

So Logan didn't think twice about nudging both Kate and Lucky out of the way to grab Bucky’s arm and pull him in for a close handshake. Clint and Logan went back years, Bucky, Steve, and Logan went back to the days of Stalin and Hitler.

“How the fuck you been old man? Ain't here your footsteps in ages. Had I known cross-eyed back there was brining in a ringer, I would have brought a few more bottles. Still scaring Nicky boy and teaching the SHIELD kids what being shot is like?”

Logan’s voice was full of rare and deep affection. The grizzled ancient wild man had plenty of people in his life, friends, family, allies, lovers, but he had only a very very few brothers. Bucky had had his back, had been a fellow soldier, fellow wetworks man, in a time that people had simply moved past. They were the bad guys, doing bad things, so the good guys could have clean hands, if not clean souls.

In a heartbeat one of the two black bottles, whiskey, pure Irish whiskey from 1927 was thrust into Bucky’s hand and a cigar from Cuba, circa 1982 joined it a moment later. Logan’s additude rose from jealous barely restrained maniac to that of a man who suddenly remembered he had a best friend after all.

“Hey Clint, why didn't you warn me bout this Russian ghost here? Can't properly cheat if I don't know who’s taking a seat. Oh, hey copper lady. Clint’s chasing younger and younger skirts these days, huh? Well who am I to say nothing, all the ladies my age are dead.”

Cop uniforms and the service pistols they came with had a distinct smell that never quite washed off. That kid walked a beat, walked it well, and her body language screamed cop as much as her scent. Strangely nothing about her said SHIELD and that made Logan definitely interested as to her part here.

His greetings made, Logan headed towards Clint to fold the other bottle and cigar into his goat’s hands with a grin. The man made into a weapon was happy, or as happy as he got, for the moment. This was like coming home to friends, to true family. He grinned widely at Jet, his deep blue eyes flashing as they seemed to say, “welcome to my world. Glad you're a part of it.”
--------------------
user posted image
Trey is hero.
Dating Logan
played by:
Kris
X-Factor
One by one everyone entered, first Logan. She smirked at his comment about deciding to be the jealous type. But she was pleased that he didn’t reacted that way when he entered. Then again, Clint was an old friend of Logan’s and this was the first she was meeting anyone else in his life. She shook her head towards Clint who was apologizing to her, “Don’t worry about it. It wasn’t on purpose.”

Clint went to greet Logan and sussed out that she was brought in as a distraction. The blonde gasped and held her hand over her heart, “I am hurt. A distraction.” Her faux hurt expression didn’t last long as another woman entered. Greeting them all and the dog. The blonde walked over and extended her hand to Kate, “Hi, I’m Jet.” After they would greet each other the new person who entered made his presence known by asking if there was room for one more. The surprise wasn’t so much another woman joining the game, or even Bucky joining the game.

Jet almost didn’t recognize him without his getup on, but it was in his face. With Captain America being Nate’s idol it couldn’t be helped to learn of his friend Bucky Barnes. She knew of Bucky but couldn’t recall a time where they met officially, let alone socially. Still, the real surprise came from Logan’s reaction. Which thankfully with how the feral was speaking to him, she was able to confirm the new player to the game was indeed Bucky Barnes. Logan spoke to him happily. It was a tone and attitude she hadn’t heard from the Canadian before.

It was refreshing, and filled her heart with warmth. That warmth reflected in her smile and only got wider when he turned to grin at her. It told her he was happy she was there. That was when Jet decided that if she lost all her money, it was worth it to see that moment. Turning her gaze to Bucky she chuckled lightly and spoke, “I’m Jet, I don’t think we’ve met.” The blonde took smooth steps towards him to shake his hand, “And don’t worry about not having baked anything. That’s just me. I’d feel like a bad guest if I didn’t bring anything.”

Slowly the small crowd was shaping up to be quite the poker crowd. The blonde took in a deep breath and exhaled slowly, happy to be apart of the experience. It hadn’t been that long since she’d played poker, but to share the game with Logan and people he knew was a whole different thing. This was going to be an excellent night.
--------------------
**********user posted image**********
played by:
Crypt
SHIELD
The thing about Clint's poker games is that he gave out way more invitations than he expected to see people come and play. It was a chance to socialize, and those in the business of super-heroing / spying rarely socialized, but Clint understood the need and the benefit. Besides, poker was fun and playing poker with people as good as Logan was entertaining as hell.

And Lucky loved the company.

Tonight, it seemed, would be a night that would keep Clint on his toes. He'd known Logan was coming; he hadn't expected a girl. He certainly hadn't expected a beautiful, articulate woman. Holy hell, that set him of the rails a bit. But hey, poker with Logan was amazing - and Jet seemed sweet - and could we take a moment to acknowledge the old soldier actually had an articulate girlfriend. Apparently miracles do happen.

Then Kate showed up. Okay. Kate was like his little sister. Had an open invite all hours - and had used that invite more than once. They fought together, and they fought with each other - but Clint loved the young woman and was glad Logan brought a girl with him, so he wouldn't hit on Kate.

Bucky, though? He'd been incredibly worried when Bucky had gone to ground after Genosha. That who situation had been a clusterfuck, and he had almost quit after that - but what was a guy like Clint going to do? Join the cops? Yeah, right. He was a soldier, a unique one - though not so unique when standing next to Logan and Bucky. There was the real possibility, though, that Bucky would stay underground, and Clint wouldn't have blamed him - but he'd reached out none the less, and invited him to Poker. If anyone needed socialization, it was Bucky. He needed a touch point to remind him that yes, there were people who had his back, and that he was more than just a weapon.

Clint remembered when Logan was just a weapon, and holy hell. Working with him? He liked the Logan with the pretty girlfriend better.

“Hey Clint, why didn't you warn me bout this Russian ghost here? Can't properly cheat if I don't know who’s taking a seat. Oh, hey copper lady. Clint’s chasing younger and younger skirts these days, huh? Well who am I to say nothing, all the ladies my age are dead.”

Clint had tried to get a word in, but really? Who cared. With a wide grin, he shot back at Logan, "You know my Poker games. Invites go out....who knows. Maybe Scott'll show and then I'll really get a show..." Clint, by the simple fact he'd been in SHIELD for almost 25 years, knew a lot of people - and as long as you weren't going to kill someone, his poker games were open doors. Scott Summers had never come to one, and really - Clint didn't know if he paid attention to the invites, but just the thought of Logan and Scott, across from each other...well. Made a man smile.

"And her name's Kate. Don't make me shoot you. Yeah, you'll heal, but I know how to hit where it'll hurt." The tone was good natured. Kate was a sister to him; the ribbing got old. But he did offer helpfully, "I hear the Hellfire Club might have a lady or two your age, though..." He grinned at his friend, and walked over to Bucky.

Offering a hand, he said, "Glad you could come. " The smile was there, but there was more to the meaning. He understood that Bucky was coming above ground for a night, and Clint was happy he was here. He didn't need to say much else, just nodded, as he led his brother in arms into the room. "You know where all the food and booze is...."

played by:
Heather
SHIELD
“How the fuck you been old man? Ain't here your footsteps in ages. Had I known cross-eyed back there was brining in a ringer, I would have brought a few more bottles. Still scaring Nicky boy and teaching the SHIELD kids what being shot is like?” Logan said, cheerfully profane and irreverent as Bucky remembered him. There was still a lot of his past that was lost beneath brainwashing and hibernation, but the war... well, it was like yesterday, every memory as distinct as if it was yesterday.

"Scaring Fury, maybe, but not so much a fixture at Shield these days," Bucky said, glancing at Clint. "Something in the air. You know how it gets." He took the drink and the cigar with a nod.

“I’m Jet, I don’t think we’ve met.” The blonde took smooth steps towards him to shake his hand, “And don’t worry about not having baked anything. That’s just me. I’d feel like a bad guest if I didn’t bring anything.”

Bucky took her hand with his flesh one, "Jet, nice to meet you. James Barnes, but everyone calls me Bucky. You're with X-Factor, right?" He wasn't a mutant, and was not part of their community beyond his relationship with Jac, but it was his way to keep notice of the super powered beings in the world, and with an entire Brooklyn neighborhood filled with the genetically evolved, it would be damn foolish not to know who it was who was policing them. "I'm glad baking is not a requirement. I don't think even Logan could survive my cooking."

Clint and Logan bantered about the other possible attendees, and Bucky, who knew Scott Summers only by reputation and therefore had no stake in the conversation, instead turned his attentions to the dog, giving him a good head scritching. It was an disarmingly homey and, dare he say it, normal moment, and it was almost easy to forget that everyone in this room was highly trained and extremely dangerous.

Clint came over and greeted him, warmly, and it was at once very welcomed yet very disconcerting. In all the time since his conditioning broke, and he was freed from Hydra control, to be treated like just a man, just anybody on the street, just a guy it was hard to get used to.

"Thanks for the invite, Barton," Bucky said, "I forget sometimes that this sort of thing is still possible."

It wasn't much of a sentiment, but he wasn't much of a sentimental guy. It meant more than the words said, and Clint would probably figure that out. Being a ghost sometimes meant you were pretty transparent.

Ask Tommy, I don't know anymore
played by:
Si
Others
“If you want a swinger's night - you have keys to my place and I'm sure I can call someone more your speed…” Clint smirked.

“Oh harr har!” Kate goaded him, dishing out a jovial punch to his upper arm, taking it as a dig about Tommy. “Did you miss the part where I said I’d rather take the dog for a walk? You might’ve taught me how to play cards but I’m not enabling anything beyond the gambling addiction.”

Or the vigilantism… Did that count? It shouldn’t count. Oh well, either way – no thank you. The blonde lady thankfully derailed that train of thought, holding out a hand to Kate with a bright smile that she couldn’t help but reciprocate as she gave a warm handshake. “Hi, I’m Jet.”

“Hey. I’m Kate, just a friend of Clint’s.” She pointed back at the other archer over her shoulder. “If he ever tells you I’m his sidekick it’s a blatant lie. He’s obviously my sidekick.”

Another figure appeared in the doorway then, asking if they had room for one more. Between the windbreaker and the baseball cap, Kate didn’t immediately recognise him. In all honesty she would’ve thought he looked a little shady, were it not for the fact that he was on standing on Clint’s doormat. But anyone Barton had time for got the benefit of the doubt, just by association. Bucky looked at the cookies that had been brought and said, “I didn't bake anything.”

“Don’t worry about not having baked anything.”
Jet went over to immediately reassure him. She seemed so naturally outgoing. Vivacious even. Of the two Bishop sisters, Kate’s older sister had gotten the lion’s share of that trait, leaving Kate to muddle through on an odd mixture of competence and sass instead. She was already grateful for not being the only girl there, but Jet’s manner just made her even more grateful for the other woman’s presence.“That’s just me. I’d feel like a bad guest if I didn’t bring anything.”

“Yeah I didn’t bring much either…” She volunteered with a shrug. “Unless store-bought dog treats count?” Kate held up the packet, the crinkle of which immediately sent Lucky into a minor frenzy. She reached inside the bag and pulled one out. He came over and she waited until he sat properly (a rare sight when she wasn’t in the apartment) before throwing it up in the air. He bounced up and caught it with unerring accuracy.

“Oh, hey copper lady. Clint’s chasing younger and younger skirts these days, huh? Well who am I to say nothing, all the ladies my age are dead.”

“Uh, ew!” Kate grimaced, the teenage-esque indignance making her sound much younger than she normally did for a second.

The hairy guy, who was apparently much older than he looked, then launched himself into an unexpectedly enthusiastic greeting towards the newcomer. It actually startled Kate a bit, swiftly stepping out of the way as he strode past her and Lucky. The fact that he was calling the other man a ‘Russian ghost’ made her give Clint a quizzical look.

“Her name's Kate. Don't make me shoot you. Yeah, you'll heal, but I know how to hit where it'll hurt. I hear the Hellfire Club might have a lady or two your age, though…”

She was tempted to butt in and say “The ‘her’ you’re talking about could speak for herself if she wanted to, y’know!” but, honestly, what was the point? Clint knew that already. He was just doing his usual ‘big brother’ act. “From what I’ve heard, Hellfire know how to hit where it hurts too.” She muttered instead. “But, like, only if you ask them nicely and pick a safeword.”

It was kind of interesting to see how the trio spoke to each other after that, picking up that the one in the hat, (did he tell Jet to call him Bucky?), was SHIELD. And the shortstack talked like a soldier too. The way he ushered them in, clearly Kate wasn’t the only one Clint had given the run of the apartment to before… She might have to start actually double-checking before she showed up unannounced again.

Turning away, Kate helped herself to the soda water in the fridge. Not for a mixer, she just liked the stuff by itself. A few sips later she’d reached the table laid out ready, helping herself to the cards instead. Putting down the glass, she amused herself with a round of sybil cuts – the ‘five faces’ as some people called it. Restless fingers that only felt truly calm holding a bowstring split the deck into four sections then five, twisting and spinning them around on each other with the occasional flourish, re-splitting the deck and doing it all over again. She didn’t think Clint would do anything like pre-stack the deck, it was just an outlet for restless energy as she willed herself to feel at ease around so many strangers.

She glanced over to Jet, offering a cheeky little smile. “So they reckon you’re the ringer brought in for tonight, huh?”
dating Jet
played by:
Timid
Logan
X-Men
Meanwhile Logan and Lucky were having a staring contest. Lucky, despite his good humor and love of people, was still a predator. Instinctivly he could feel that in Logan and the old man was face to face with the canine setting straight the pack order right away. The short man growled and that was that, Lucky rolled over to show his stomach and Logan grabbed a beer for himself and Jet, popping the tabs and swigging deeply.

“Thirsty work making sure we all know who the top dog is around here.”

Logan’s grin, a rare thing, was honest and bright. This was a place he knew he could hang his hat, be himself with people that wouldn’t take issue with his jackass nature and liked many of the same things he did. Besides, the whiskey he’d brought would have everyone warm and fuzzy in no time.

The Winter soldier asked her if she was part of X-Factor, “I am. The original House of Strays. You should come by for a visit sometime.” She was always friendly towards new people. But in Bucky’s case, the blonde might have had some additional motives for him visiting. Nothing bad, of course, but she felt Nate might like to meet Captain America’s best friend. As much as she wanted to also ask Bucky about his tour during WW2 with Logan, she wouldn’t. Logan wasn’t the talkative type, either that or he didn’t remember.

It wasn’t something she would press, no matter how curious she was. Jet felt asking someone else about another person’s past was not polite conversation. Not to mention the past was passed, and she was willing to leave it well enough alone. She chuckled at Bucky’s comment about Logan not being able to survive his cooking. “Definitely not a requirement.” As he turned his attention to Clint, the blonde turned her attention to Kate. Kate looked at Jet and commented about her being the ringer. “I would have agreed but I’m starting to think Lucky’s the ringer.” Flashing Kate a wide smile and short laugh. All the while she was having her conversations with the other poker players, Logan had growled and maintained his alpha status with Lucky.

“So, lemme get this straight Agent Feathers. You met a Dame, a pretty solid 7 or 8 and convinced her to leave her policeman ways and be your sidekick instead of asking her out? Man how the mighty have fallen.”

“Tsk tsk.” Jet commented with Logan’s question and remark. She took a drink of the beer Logan got her and let a warm smile spread on her face. As odd as it was to see him smile and joke like he was, it made the blonde happy. This was his scene and she could see why he enjoyed it so much.

Logan took a moment to eye the girl, watch her fingers, sort out the card shuffle from the card sizzle. The lady was good, fast efficient, probably could hide plenty in what she did. Something about her moves and the way she was build reminded him strongly of many many moons past when he had first met Clint. Officer Kate was interesting and Logan never met a mystery he didn't prefer solved.

“How'd you two meet then, little lady? Clint’s never been much for cops.”

Jet was curious as to how they all knew each other. Not just Clint and Kate. Directing her attention towards Clint and Bucky she spoke, “I’d ask the same with him and the rest of you but I think I can guess.” The blonde paused before adding on, “In fact I’m sort of surprised we haven’t met before tonight.” Motioning between the three of them. X-Factor working in close proximity with Shield, it did surprise her that they weren’t all at least previously acquainted. Then again, life was funny that way.

“No politics is all I ask, all right? The world is a shithole, we all know it, don’t need to remind ourselves of it. Nice card tricks copper lady, bet you’re damn good with a piece too huh? Seems to be a trend around here. Buck, you’re on my right, Jet, find a spot where Clint and Buck have to look at you. I’m here to play cards and forget my name. Let’s get to it”

Jet laughed, and moved to get a seat across from them, as Logan directed. She could tell what he was doing. Sit across from them to distract them during the game, she just wasn’t sure how well that would work. Maybe with Clint it would, but not Bucky. At least that’s what it seemed like to Jet. “No politics, gotcha. Kate can sit with me.” The blonde moved to sit in her seat across the guys and motioned for the cop in the room to sit next to her. As much as she was there to help Logan win by being the distraction it seemed wrong for the ladies not to stick together. Of course when it came to poker, Jet didn’t underestimate anyone. Any good poker player knew that it was all about the bluff.

Playing the other players more than playing the cards. You could have the worst hand in the bunch, but if you were good enough, you can get everyone thinking you had the Grand PooBah of all hands. Now lying was different from manipulating your own emotions and reactions into fooling the other players. The night would prove very interesting indeed.
--------------------
user posted image
Trey is hero.
played by:
Heather
SHIELD
When Bucky was just Bucky, running around Brooklyn, a twelve year old kid with a pack of cigarettes in his shirt sleeve (not that Steve let him smoke), pitching pennies and grifting the adults with his quick wits and charming personality, he was pretty good with card games. Some of the old men, vets from the Great War, thought it funny to teach a kid their tricks and their cheats. He bribed them with those unsmoked cigarettes and some of that charm and by the time he dropped out of 10th grade he was winning every card game he was able to con himself into.

But that was a dozen lifetimes ago, and metal hands did not so easily palm cards. He'd lose the game, probably, but he really wasn't here to get rich, right? If truth be told, he never did play cards for the money. Not really.

Jet invited him to the X-Factor HQ, and he smirked, "Is this about the Summers boy? I bunk in the flatiron with his aunt and uncle. Don't think that I haven't noticed that kid trying to sneak peeks in my quarters. I've seen him in his red white and blues..." Shaking his head, he said, "Kid does know that I'm not the sidekick in the bellhop uniform from the funny books, right?" He cracked open a beer and said, "I'm not a role model, and I'm not an action figure for little boys to play with."

He took his seat at the table and said, "I thought we were here to play cards."
played by:
Crypt
SHIELD
And with that request, Clint decided if Nat was going to show up, she'd do it on her time, and no one else was apparently make this month's poker night. Sliding into his seat, he grinned as Logan and Bucky flanked him, leaving the ladies opposite. This was going to be a really entertaining night. He had a sneaking suspicion that Jet could play better than she professed, and he knew that Kate was no slouch. Logan was always over confident in everything - and annoyingly enough, it was a well earned confidence. As for Bucky? He was here. That was a victory, and Clint would take it in spades.

Hopeful the Ace of Spaces.

Clint put on the dealer's visor. Did it make him look silly? You bet - and he gave nary an ass's care. He was here to have fun, and this was part of that fun.

"The game is five card draw." To Logan, he teased, "Yes, yes...the game you played in your youth, yadda yadda..." But his smile was wide as he made sure everyone was on the same proverbial page.

"I'm dealer because it's my house. I give everyone five cards. You look. You bet. We call for draws clockwise - which means you're next, Logan...once everyone has the hand they got, throw bets again and reveal. Got it?" He made sure everyone nodded - which he assumed they would since, well, Jet was the only new player, and if Logan hadn't taught her before they arrived, well, that was on him.

He expertly shuffled and dealt each person five cards. While he was no spy, he was adept with his hands, and could easily palm cards - but he wasn't about to. Yet. It was, in his mind, rude to cheat on the first round with a new player. Maybe later, and definitely if Nat came...although, if Nat came, he'd have more fun sitting back and watching Logan and her go at each other. Two of the most hard headed individuals he knew.

Looking at his hand, he wrinkled his nose. His cards were shit, but that was the way it always was.

Bet first.

He threw in his two chips at ten dollars apiece and waited for everyone else to throw in or fold before he discarded three and drew three new cards. The man rearranged his cards and teased Jet, "Well, I can honestly say my hand doesn't sparkle as well as you...."

Logan

----------
Order: Clint, Logan, Kate, Jet, Bucky
I'll carry the deck w me, so you can tag me on discord for draws and discards.

Topic Options
Pages: (2) 1 2 
Add Reply

skinned exclusively for XMR by evvie of caution, shine, & tumblr.

Our Discord

Affiliates & Directories

RPG-D
Top RP Sites Top RP SitesVote for X-Men: Revolution at Top Site List Planet
Shadowplay Topsites Marvel Topsites