WELCOME TO EARTH-740.

X-Men Revolution is an Earth-616 inspired advanced RPG. We are loosely inspired by canon comic and movies, but have our own history, original characters and plots.

Join us as an original character, or pick one from marvel canon!

x-men
REVOLUTION

Add Reply

A Hard Card to Find, Logan, Open
Diamond form, crystal generation, mild telepathy
Single
played by:
Heather
July 12th
12:24pm

The gates were pretty impressive, and the man standing outside them, gave a low whistle of appreciation. "Nice," he muttered, and he wandered over to the keypad at the gate, and studied it for a minute. With a slight grunt of annoyance at the unfamiliar tech, he pointed a finger at the little electronic square.... a finger that transmutated into a thing of crystal, which, with the speed of his thought, stretched into a long spike. He shoved his hand forward and it shattered the keypad in a shower of sparks, impaled by his crystal spike.

Pulling his hand back and shaking it back into flesh and blood, still such a damned welcome feeling, the man strolled through the gates that swung open slowly. He headed down the long treelined driveway like a man without a care in the world.

He was a decent looking man, though his hair was a little thinner than he liked and his stomach had a distinct paunch. How it all happened, he wasn't sure. After all, the past three decades hadn't exactly been spent aging, but the body was what it was, right? He lost thirty years. He was here at this place to get his pay.

Now, the man who came calling might not have been an educated fella, and maybe he hadn't done a shit ton of book learning, but he did know that men who put security systems like that monitored them. He didn't expect to waltz in like the tardy drunk uncle at thanksgiving dinner.

When Jack Winters rounded the corner and strolled into the front driveway, he expected to have a welcoming party.

In fact, he counted on it.

Particularly one little bespeckled brat who owed Jack more than just thirty years.
dating Jet
played by:
Timid
Logan
X-Men
The number of people who could sneak up on Xavier’s School these days was in the single digits. The number of people who could sneak up on the man called Logan would fit on one hand. The number of people who could sneak past Logan doing his job of looking after the school was almost nonexistent. So the short man had watched on the cameras as this man came in, balls big as brass, and destroyed their equipment. He watched as the man, some unknown son of a bitch, swaggered, actually swaggered through the gate like he owned the damn place. This old old soldier wasn’t much for sitting and watching, wasn’t much for people invading his home, but there was something about this particular asshat that caused the feral to pause. Xavier’s was a loaded gun, a place full of kids and adults that could murder you 50 ways before you even got a word out, yet this guy just strolled like a walk in the park.

The X-Men known as Wolverine liked mysteries, liked solving them, liked cutting up the people who made him work so hard for it. But… this was school business, so for once the Canadian didn’t go roaring off on the warpath alone. No, first he sent a message to Scotty’s phone, then one to Kitty.

“There’s a guy out front who thinks he owns the place. Some kinda powers, too quick to really grasp yet. I’m gonna go ask him if he has an appointment.”

Business handled, Logan slipped out of the security room and into the warm sunshine, his senses flaring as he exited the man made space of the mansion. He was plenty fast, as he took off sprinting, but the target was a good distance away and it would still take time. Besides, if might be fun to not be the first guy on the scene.
--------------------
user posted image
Trey is hero.
I'm a kid!
played by:
Heather
Student: Non-Com
Normally, in July, Nate was home in Red Hook with his family, school being mostly out for the summer. But Nate was, typically, an overachiever, determined to be as good a superhero as his role models, his dad and Captain America, so when his Uncle Scott put up sign ups for summer school power training models, he had put his name down. Stuff had shown him that he wasn't as ready to be a hero as he used to think, so he wanted to be better. His brothers and sisters thought he was crazy for wanting to stay at school in the summer, but the school also had a swimming pool, so it wasn't that bad.

The classes were in the morning most days, with some night training on occasion, but today was not a night class. So even though it was barely lunch time, Nate was done for the day, and was sitting on the front stoop of the school, playing a game by himself. He had three metal balls that he was learning to use his powers to juggle in very intricate patterns. It was supposed to teach him fine control of his abilities, and it required a lot of concentration.

But the alarms that sounded when the gates were forced open broke that concentration, and Nate's toys dropped to the ground, clanking and rolling around his feet. He jumped up, knowing what those alarms meant, and he brought his powers to his hands, green light filling them, and lighting up his eyes. Uncle Scott, Uncle Warren, Mister Logan, Aunt Jeannie, they would probably all be here soon to deal with whatever this threat was, but until they got there, Nate Summers, who as a child was always the first one to greet a person at the door, would be here to greet this intruder too.

He was surprised to see it was just a guy, one old guy, who looked unafraid and unimpressed to see only a nine year old waiting for him. "This it? This the welcoming committee?"

"Are you supposed to be here?" Nate asked.

"Who's asking?" the man smirked.

"I'm Nate Summers," the boy responded, "and I..."

"Summers, huh?" the man looked interested now, "You Scotty Boy's little brat?"

"No," Nate said, "My dad is Alex Summers. Uncle Scott is my uncle."

The man laughed, "Oh, man, so the kid found his baby brother, huh? He was constantly whining about that. Your uncle at home?"

"Yeah," Nate said, "Are you a friend of his?" There was something about this guy that suggested to Nate that this guy wasn't exactly a friend.

"Something like that," the man said, "My name's Jack. He ever mention me?"

Nate frowned and shook his head, "I don't think so."

Mister Jack was not happy to hear that. His face clearly showed it. "Yeah, typical. Why don't you call him out here? Let's see if he talks about me then."

dating Jet
played by:
Timid
Logan
X-Men
Logan, driven by sharply honed instincts, finely tuned senses, and a body that rarely ever tired made it to the front stoop in record time. He had the scent of Alex’s boy in his nose and it was making the wild man worried. Alex was his best friend, the man who was everything Logan never would be. That meant the feral would die many times before letting evil have a look at the kid. Worse yet, Nate was a bit of a sheltered mind, he had yet to understand that monsters existed in daylight as easily as in shadows.

Without a single pause the old warrior slid around the corner of the mansion and doubled his speed towards the front stoop. The Wolverine was built for speed, for strength, was altered to become a living weapon and he did it well. Next came the almost leaping run that brought him rapidly to intonsight of the strange man and the boy. What came next was far less peaceful.

Logan's claws snapped out, filling the air with the “snikt” of metal sliding against metal, the sound of unbreakable, unchangeable adamantium claws traveling flesh in their way to pierce more flesh. The savage man’s teeth clenched, his legs bunched, and he launched himself full force at the intruder, claws extended, vision slowly edging to crimson.

“Nate get the fuck back in the school, now!”

These were the only words the Wolverine had time for, this man smelled of threats, lies, and violence. He was here, at the place the small man’s mind screamed was home. Logan had only one response for that, would only ever have one response.
--------------------
user posted image
Trey is hero.
Single
played by:
Heather
[Jack, Logan and Nate jp]

“Nate get the fuck back in the school, now!”

Nate stumbled backwards as Logan barrelled around the corner, claws bared. He held up his hands, trying to stop Mister Logan from gutting Uncle Scott’s friend. “Mister Logan, no no!” he shouted, “Mister Jack knows Uncle Scott!!”

Jack took a step back, raising his hands the same as the little boy did, but as they both watched, from the tips of his fingers down, flowing over him like a wave, he suddenly transformed into a diamond form, crystal clear but with a faint marring, like barely mended cracks. “Hold up, Killer,” he said, his Nebraska tinted voice as calm as if Logan was offering him a beer, “I don’t cut easy, and you don’t want to dull them pretty claws of yours. I’m here to see Scotty Boy, nothing more.”

One word Logan heard a lot and listened to barely ever was stop, he wasn't completely at beserk level yet, but he was scant inches away from that tipping point. At the last possible instant he twitched, shifting his strike into an incredibly hard double backhand to the stranger’s chin.

Jack staggered back, more startled than hurt by the attack. “Ow,” he said, nonetheless. “Feisty.”

“Mister Logan!” Nate gasped, “He’s Uncle Scott’s friend, “ he repeated.

Flicking his eyes to Nate, Jack said, “I practically raised your Uncle, so I’m kinda like your grampa.”

From where he had sheltered on the front porch, Nate frowned, “I don’t think that’s how it works. You might be Rachel’s grampa, but not mine.”

A small smile crossed Jack’s diamond face, “Rachel, hmm? Oh, tell me more about her.”

Nate looked nervously at Mister Logan, suddenly wondering if he shouldn’t have mentioned her.

“Nate. House. Now. Ain't telling you again.”

“I’ll get Uncle Scott!” Nate said, and he darted inside.

Logan rounded on the stranger, his claws still out, his eyes glinting with barely contained madness. The animal side of the hairy man gave him great strength, but carried a heavy cost for it.

“As for you, start talking. Moment I don't like what you're saying, you'll learn I'm no stranger to carving diamond.”

“I can see that,” Jack said, his voice sounding a little echoey in that weird way of non-flesh throats that still spoke. Mutants were weird sometimes. “You the watch dog around here? Little half trained pitbull?” He chuckled and said, “What do you want me to say, Friend? I’m here to see Scotty. I’ll have a few words with him, and then I’ll be on my way. No one needs to be carved up today, if my talk goes well.”

“Nope, I'm the friendly doorman. Can't you tell? You walked onto a school, tried to charm a student, oh and smashed our tech, which will probaly bring our real watchdog round soon nuff.”

Logan’s claws stayed out, his form still taunt and ready. Jack’s words didn't phase him a bit, his twang was far different then the man who called him dog and meant it.

“So here's the rub, bub. I ain't the one you gotta worry about. Scotty, he doesn't like what you’re bringing, he’ll give you a long stern glance. Now, what the hell you want with the uptight stickman?”

Smirking at this ‘Mister Logan’s’ description of Scott, Jack said, “Like I told the kid, I practically raised him. He ditched me and went with the old baldy, and getting a look at this grahnd mahnor,” he affected a snooty tone, before laughing, “I am guessing he made the right decision. He ever mention where he came from? He ever mention his old daddy Jack?”

“Nope. As I'm pretty sure you're a scumbag. Our Cyclops ain't much for scumbags. Weird, eh? Also,” Logan sniffed the air, analyzing Jack’s scent carefully. “I'm really damn certain you ain't his dad.”

Logan had of course met Corsair, Chris, Scott’s father. However as a man with a past that continued to surprise him, Logan was willing to give half a chance to others having weird shit in their past.

“Cyclops?” Jack sputtered at the codename and laughed, “Oh my god. Little shit got himself a bona fide superhero name. Putting on airs, like he wasn’t a two bit crook… like he wasn’t a scumbag himself. “You bring him out here. Let him tell you for himself about how I saved his life. How I gave him his sight, stopped those damned beams with crystal I developed. Then, that bald mind talking fuck showed up and Scotty boy showed his true colors. Shattered me, left me for dead. You go tell him Jack O’Diamonds is here for a little family reunion. Let him tell you for himself what he owes me.”

The wild man sheathed his claws, the skin already healing up on his hands as he smiled at Jack. It was a fierce smile, that of a wolf about to seize a kitten. Then he stuck his hands into his pockets and whistled.

“You know what bub? You're a special kind of stupid. You found a brain damaged traumatized kid with a physical impairment and acted like he wanted and needed you. Bet you even believe it, sick fucks like you always do. I'm gonna let you talk to him, mainly cause I'm praying he’ll be gracious enough to let me put you 6 feet under, the only payment you got coming. You talk to a single student, you so much as leer someone who ain't Scott, it'll be the last thing you see. I promise.”

His piece said, Logan snagged a cigar from behind his ear, trimmed it, then lit it carefully, using an actual match. That done he flug the match at Jack and turned on his heel.

“Follow me boy toucher, this is gonna be a fun day.”

“You say potato, I say potaho,” Jack quipped at Logan’s description of his relationship with Scott, “I’m sure Scotty told you all kinda lies about me, but that’s ok, I’m a forgiving sort.” He listened patiently to Logan’s ‘rules’ and said, “Lead on, MacDuff, I’m eager to see how pretty my little boy has grown up.”

Katherine Pryde
Jean
Sarah Vale
Anyone else who wants a chance to gawk at Jack
Dating James Proudstar
played by:
Jenn
X-Men
The garage was a happy, comfortable place. Even in the dead of summer, garage door open, a fan blowing to try and move the air around as best it could. It didn’t work much, and tendrils of dark hair stuck to Sarah’s forehead where it was escaping from the messy braid she’d tied it into earlier. There were matching grease stains on her jean shorts, streaked across her forehead, and barely showing across the black tank top that was emblazoned with the band name Charm City Devils, multiple red devil horns and tails snaking out of the red lettering. But even the metal music coming from her headphones wasn’t enough to distract her from the sudden flinch in her powers as technology crunched on the grounds. Pausing with an oilcan halfway lifted, Sarah scowled, tapping steel toed boots against the pavement slowly as her powers filtered into the surveillance system, showing her what the hell was going on.

Whoever this idiot was, Sarah mentally rolled her eyes, automatically calling Duma to her side from where he was doing an auto-run program patrol on the grounds, noting the messages from Logan. At least until she switched camera views again, and saw Nate on the front steps, where he greeted the intruder, friendly to everyone, as always. In any other situation, she might’ve smiled. Now, she didn’t paused before placing the oil can down, not bothering to take off the toolbelt she’d been wearing before stomping out of the garage. Logan, of course, had no sense of proper language around a child, and cursed at Nate – poor kid.

Nate jumped to the…defense? Narrowing her eyes as she got closer, it finally clicked. It’d been years since that time in Utopia, when she’d inadvertently seen inside Scott’s head while ‘downloading’ him into Danger. But…Well, the things she’d seen had kind of stuck. They weren’t easily forgotten. Speeding up, she turned the corner as Nate ran inside, in time to see Logan leading an older man, but still vaguely like that wisp of memory she’d seen, to the front door. Crossing her arms over her chest, Sarah full on glared at the man approaching the mansion, something highly unusual for the technopath.

“You know the phrase ‘come in peace or leave in pieces’? I’m thinking that has some extra meaning here for you right now.” Despite the words, Sarah’s voice was quiet, level, and cold, and she spoke directly at Jack, knowing full well he’d have no fucking clue who she was. That didn’t bother her in the slightest. She was half tempted to stop them at the door and flat out refuse him entry, and tell Logan to toss his shiny diamond ass off the property altogether, rather than let him anywhere near Scott…But she had a feeling that Scott would probably want to handle the situation himself either way. But damn if she didn’t have an overwhelming urge to shoot this guy, knowing even some of the shit he’d done. Of course, this all brought back a very important question because…She was pretty sure Scott had said that Jack was dead…Right? She could’ve sworn he’d said that, when explaining those short memories to her back then. And she usually had a good recall for details like that. So…How the hell was he standing here, shit talking at Logan?
Jean
X-Men
Jean and Scott jp

Jean’s fingers curled around Scott’s. The cafeteria had the noisy hubbub of any place with chattery children, but as far as Jean and Scott were concerned, they might as well be in a private restaurant. They’d gotten adapt at eating with one hand.

“Do you think Alex and Lorna will watch for the school for a few days?” Finding time off was a constant struggle, but the school couldn’t have all of their time and attention; it just wasn’t healthy. And although there was: Warren, Logan, Emma, Hank, and a legion of other dependable and capable people here, for some reason there needed to be a Summers standing guard too. Silly, but the feeling persisted.

“I’m sure they will,” Scott said, “Mutant Town is in a rare moment of peace and calm right now, and they’ll probably enjoy getting away from the city in the middle of summer. I imagine it can’t be easy living in that overheated brownstone in July, given Alex’s powers. Our air conditioning alone might be temptation enough.”

Scott squeezed her hand a little, offering his beloved wife a small smile, “You decide where you want to go yet?”

“Alaska is tempting,” she offered, gauging his reaction. “Do you think Rachel will enjoy it? Even if she does, being away from Franklin is something she wouldn’t,” Jean pointed out, giving Scott an unspoken look.

Taking a sip of his ice tea, Scott met her eyes through his opaque glasses and said, “You know those two. Even when they are apart, they really aren’t apart.” Franklin and Rachel were an odd couple of kids, and that was undeniable, though both set of parents loved them dearly. They were extremely powerful mutants, though, and sometimes that had an effect on the way a person looked at the world. So far these little games that the children played at, the future, Franklin being ‘a god’, even their recurring insistence that they were married, were harmless.

But Scott definitely wanted to keep a close watch on it…. Just in case. “It will be good for Rachel to have some time without him. She’ll get over…”

Suddenly, the school alarms sounded, and the cafetorium was suddenly dead silent as the entire school body looked to the headmaster and headmistress for instructions. Scott was on his feet in an instant. He pointed at the oldest group of kids in this room, “Mr Barkley, Miss Shapiro, lock the door behind us. Shelter in place until further notice.” If he recognized that his barked orders were not comforting, he did not make moves to correct it.

Jean nodded at Scott’s thoughts about Rachel and Franklin but before she could say anything more, the alarms cut their conversation off at the knees.

As Scott snapped orders, Jean sent her mind out, looking for the disturbance. They couple were already moving when Jean felt Nate. “Nate’s looking for you. And you won’t like what he has to say,” she warned. “There’s no immediate threat,” she reported, knowing how the information would put him if not at ease then a little relieved there wasn’t a time crunch to deal with. “Do you want to hear the bad news from me?” she asked.

Hearing there was no immediate threat brought the kids in the cafetorium some relief. Scott flipped open the “panic panel” by the door and keyed in the sequence to shut down the alarms, as Jean revealed Nate was looking for him. Jean said it was bad news, but before he could get the information from her, little Nate came barrelling in.

“Uncle Scott, there you are!” Nate panted, trying to catch his breath. He’d run all the way through the school. “There’s a man here and Mister Logan swore at him and then they were fighting but not fist fighting, word fighting,” He took a couple deep breaths to calm himself.

“Nate,” Scott said, “Slowly, who’s here?” He tried to think of who Logan could be arguing with out on the lawn without physically confronting them. There weren’t many adversaries that Logan had that would make him pull his punches.

The nine year old, just about recovered from his run in that too quick way children were lucky to have and never appreciated, looked up at his uncle and said, “He said his name was Jack Winters.”

Scott’s jaw dropped and he looked to Jean, sharply, “That’s impossible. Jack’s dead. Who’s out there?”

Not waiting for an answer, he shot off down the hall.

Jean couldn’t and didn’t try to keep up with her long-legged husband, she hovered a few inches off the ground and glided along at his side.

She knew Scott, every inch down to the ground and knew his memories too; once in a while, it had been necessary to see even the deep dark ones that Scott didn’t like to see the light of day. She seen them and put them back in their box, never talked about unless Scott wanted to. But she knew the story, what had made Scott turn against Jack and what had happened to him. And yes, he should be dead.

Jean sent her thoughts out and brushed Logan’s thoughts on Jack. He hadn’t smelled a lie in all that this “Jack” had said. So that was a point. Her thoughts turned to the stranger. He was back to his non-crystalline form and her mind brushed the surface of his thoughts.

Jean frowned. “He believes he is. And Logan didn’t detect any lies.” She could go deeper, of course, but they had rules here. Invading another’s mind to determine if he was an immediate threat was understandable. Going exploring to dig out someone’s memories just because you wanted them and asking was a bother, wasn’t.

Scott shook his head, “It’s impossible. It has to be a trick.” But If Jean couldn’t find any dishonesty, and Logan didn’t smell any lies, then… But how… why…

They rounded the corner, and Scott skidded to a halt when he saw the man Logan was escorting in. “Oh my god…” He was older, his hair thinner, his physique more paunchy, but it was definitely Jack. Every memory flooded back in an instant, all the beatings, all the fear, all the rage, but also all the debt he still felt he owed the man, and the guilt that came with it.

“Jack…” he gasped.

Scott was a maelstrom of thoughts and emotions but Jean left him to wrestle with them himself. Over the years that Xavier’s school had been active, many people came to their door; good people, but also killers and maniac and the worst of the worst. When they came with bullets and bombs proceeding them, they were met with force. But apart from broken property, this one hadn’t given them cause to reply in kind, no matter how much they would’ve wanted to. So, as Headmistress of Xavier’s, and still hovering inches off the floor, Jean showed the manners that put them apart from their enemies.

“Good day, Mr. Winters. You already know Scott, I’m Mrs. Jean Grey-Summers. Welcome to Xavier’s School for Gifted Youngsters.”
Single
played by:
Heather
“You know the phrase ‘come in peace or leave in pieces’? I’m thinking that has some extra meaning here for you right now.”

A girl storming at him, talking in a low voice like she meant business, like he should know her. Hell, he didn't know this gal from Adam, and he wasn't all that keen to remedy that. Jack had a reason for being here, and getting poked at by little girls and hairy midgets wasn't it. "Am I supposed to know you, Chiquita?" he asked, as his diamond melted away and he became a man of flesh and blood again. He really wasn't all that keen on going diamond these days, not since his miraculous rebirth, but he liked the effect it had on people. She glowered at him and Jack shook his head as if he was saddened by it all. "My my my, what has Scott been telling you about me? Clearly not the good things I would hope."

And then, as he turned to chuckle disrespectfully at the girl, he saw him. Scott staring at him, eyes unreadable as always because of those damned glasses that Jack himself had built. He was amused that Scotty still needed them, never developed a more efficient means of controlling his unstoppable powers. Jack took in the sight of the boy he had raised, grown now into a man. Tall as he had been even then, but not so scrawny. Dressed in monotone darks, better fitting, better made than the hand-me-downs and castoffs of his youth. But it was the way he stood that was the key difference. Shocked as he was to see him, Scott stood like a man used to being in charge, used to knowing everything that happened, and being in control of the situation. That was not the Scotty Jack knew. That Bald Fuck had really played Daddy Figure.

The most unexpected difference though, was the absolutely stunning red head who accompanied him. She hovered a few feet off the ground, in what was obviously a display of power, an attempt to maintain dominance over the intruder, and that was no big surprise. Jack had expected something like that.

What was the surprise was the way she introduced herself.

“Good day, Mr. Winters. You already know Scott, I’m Mrs. Jean Grey-Summers. Welcome to Xavier’s School for Gifted Youngsters.”

Jack's jaw dropped but he quickly recovered and he made a deep theatrical bow towards Mrs. Jean Grey-Summers. "Aw chantay," he said, deliberately playing up his slight twang, "It's a pleasure meeting you, darling. This meeting is too long in happening." He flicked his eyes to Scott and said, "After all, I am your Father-In-Law."

Topic Options
Add Reply

skinned exclusively for XMR by evvie of caution, shine, & tumblr.

Our Discord

Affiliates & Directories

RPG-D
Top RP Sites Top RP SitesVote for X-Men: Revolution at Top Site List Planet
Shadowplay Topsites Marvel Topsites