WELCOME TO EARTH-740.

X-Men Revolution is an Earth-616 inspired advanced RPG. We are loosely inspired by canon comic and movies, but have our own history, original characters and plots.

Join us as an original character, or pick one from marvel canon!

x-men
REVOLUTION
Pages: (2) 1 2  ( Go to first unread post )
Add Reply

Legal Console, Kitty and Logan go fishing
dating Jet
played by:
Timid
Logan
X-Men
1/11/2018 09:00,
Chicago, Illinois

A sickening thud filled the grand law office of Michael J. Petro as Logan made his own objection. Two more thuds rang out as the wild man filed a motion, then gave a counterclaim. At this point it was all the lawyer could do to hold his broken nose and keep his eyes lowered. Logan jammed a tissue into the pompous airbag’s hand and stalked away from his desk.

~~~~~~~~~~~

This morning had started off with a nice, if tense breakfast at Kitty’s father’s house. Logan hadn’t said much, he was preparing himself to wage war in a realm that wasn’t his first choice. The Canadian didn’t like lawyers, didn’t like the concept of justice systems, and hated courts completely. A man should be free to do as he would and other people should get up to knock him down when he went astray. Didn’t need governments or a bullshit attorney for that, just basic human decency.

Katherine Pryde was the daughter of the berserker's heart, regardless of who she actually had slid from. The girl had faced her demons head on and triumphed, showing grit and skill that Logan would always respect. But as much as he loved her, Kitty was a soft soul. It was a good admirable trait, but the world didn’t deserve it, so he was here to get things done.

“You won’t, but if you asked me, we should be dragging those bigots, their lawyer, the judge, and every asshole son of a bitch who agrees with them out of their houses by their hair and hanging them in Mutant-Town. They know what they did, they’ll do it again if they got that chance, and I bet even their mommas won’t miss them.”

Logan was in full on hunter mode, had been since the moment he’d read Kitty’s letter telling how the jackbooted thugs had gotten off due to law bullshit and having money. Men had killed a man dead, been proud of it, and walked. In his mind, that made those men walking corpses.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Later the pair had stormed through the law office, Logan’s fierce growl overriding any objections about lack of appointment and his dangerous aura so far suppressing their desire to call the police. The killer had no issue taking down some boys in blue if he had to, Chicago cops were notoriously corrupt. Instead he vented his anger at the piece of shit that had allowed a useless man to die and his killers to walk away.

“Paperwork, bub. Right now, or I actually get mad. I want to know how those men got free, who paid you to do it, and why I shouldn’t leave your carcass on the lawn for the birds. You say private or privilege one more time and you’ll be losing at least five pounds the hard way.”

Mr. Petro held the tissue to his shattered nose as his brain tried to make sense of this morning’s events. Miss Pryde and some insane, tiny thug had blown into his office, the runt literally kicking the door in and demanded paperwork he simply couldn’t give them. When he’d gone for the gun under his desk the hairy man had jumped forward and torn the hidden drawer right out before his stunned eyes and hurled it across the room. When Michael had voiced sound and legal reasons why he couldn’t share anything about the case, his face had suddenly hurt terribly and his nose blew apart.

“I… I… cahnt. You brogged mah noise, you sun o bitsh. Ths mah lawls office!”

Next out came the wild man’s claws, six gleaming, razor sharp, foot long sections of pure unbreakable adamantium and all six were less then an inch from the man’s face.

“I wasn’t asking, punk. I’m telling you I will kill you dead and leave you on your own front porch if your next words ain’t ‘yes sir, these are the files you need, right here.’
--------------------
user posted image
Trey is hero.
none
played by:
Crypt
X-Men
It had seemed like such a good idea at the time.

When she'd received the letter that her father's killers had gotten of on a technicality, she'd been devastated. She'd been lost. A part of her had wanted them dead - but not as large a part needed to ask Logan to do it for her - or enough for her to do it herself. She'd never purposefully killed; Ogun had tried, and she'd come close - but she hadn't lost that part of her soul. Yet. Someday. She knew she couldn't stay the way she was forever.

When Logan had swept in and offered to help - of course she took it. And she took it full well knowing how badly this could be for those in Chicago. She hadn't cared. Her father was dead because of her (okay, okay..not because of her, but she still felt guilty), and they were free. Justice needed to prevail. Period. And so, of course, she'd booked them tickets....first class because she knew he wasn't keen on flying. And people. And being stuck inside places with only one egress.

They'd made it to Chicago, and Kitty had opted to just use her Dad's house. It was staged for sale, but hadn't yet. Some clean linens, some food and beer in the fridge? Perfect base of operations.

The morning had started well enough. Breakfast, an understanding that Logan was going to wage war, and Kitty's quiet hope it wouldn't end in blood - but not care as much as she should if it did.

“You won’t, but if you asked me, we should be dragging those bigots, their lawyer, the judge, and every asshole son of a bitch who agrees with them out of their houses by their hair and hanging them in Mutant-Town. They know what they did, they’ll do it again if they got that chance, and I bet even their mommas won’t miss them.”

The quiet pause spoke volumes to how much this had her twisted up inside. "No..." That was all he got as she finished her breakfast. It was all he would get; the thought was too tempting.

-----
She hadn't intended for them to storm into the law office. The thought was to figure out HOW they got off was a good one...and Kitty was nice enough, she figured she could bluff her way in. Of course, that wasn't how it went down. Logan stormed in, growling, scaring the receptionist and getting into the lawyer's office. What he asked for wasn't that big of a deal.

The initial threat to kill the lawyer had Kitty wincing, but she still didn't yank of Logan's leash. She'd asked him for help. This was his type of help.

When he smashed the lawyer's head into the desk? She winced and scolded, "Logan....." She didn't want them in trouble with the law, either..and this was supposed to be as clean as they could make it. She knew this was Logan posturing. If they'd just needed the files, they would have just taken them. Phase through walls and all that jazz. But this would make sure he ran to his clients, and that would give Logan and Kitty something to use. Logan really was brilliant.

The lawyer knew who she was. She had to make sure they didn't go to jail...not that there was a jail that would keep them, but...

When the claws came out, though? Kitty started crying and pulled on Logan's arm. "Enough!" She sniffled very convincingly. "I...I can't lose you too...not after my father...." She tried to pull Logan's arm back, praying he'd roll with the ruse.

Looking at the lawyer, her eyes red and tears streaming down her face, she sniffled, "I hope to Hell you can live with yourself. A man...a good man..is dead...and you helped your clients get away from punishment! " She deliberately used smaller words to make the man underestimate her. "I wouldn't be surprised if they killed again, and I'll make sure the victim's family knows you are the one responsible for the dead person...That....that's gotta be accessory, or something, right?" Her question was directly towards Logan.

All her body language played up the fact that she was a distraught young woman and the grizzled man was somehow related / connected with her.

Sliding under Logan's arm, she faced him, one hand on his arm, one hand braced against the lawyer's desk. "Come on, babe....he's not going to move..don't you see? And I can't lose you too.....please?" The acting was fairly good; people often forgot her time in Japan. She was counting on the fact Logan could catch on to the bug she'd just planted on the lawyer's desk. Inadmissible in a court, but useful for information.....

Eyes wide, she put her hand on Logan's chest, lower lip quivering, "Can we please just go?"

Logan
dating Jet
played by:
Timid
Logan
X-Men
“Don’t freak out on me here, Kitten, this useless sack of shit wouldn’t press any charges on me and his partners would look the other way if he turned up missing. Plenty of deep greed in this office of assholes. They ain’t putting me away, ain’t no cage can hold me anyway.”

Logan retracted his claws and grabbed the man by his shirt, pressing their faces so close together that the other man had to breath in facial fur. Logan’s voice was low, soft, super quiet and each and every word shook that lawyer to his core.

“That little girl there, she is the only thing keeping you alive. I want you, your cronies, the judge, and everyone you’ve ever so much as taken a quarter from in the dirt. But you are one lucky son of a bitch. She thinks you should live, unlike the man your clients murdered. So new plan, bub, get the fuck out of Chicago. Next time I see you, your own kids won’t know that corpse was human.”

Wolverine shoved the man back into his chair, his sense already registering the nervous tics and the had reaching for a cell phone which the wildman sent sailing across the room to shatter upon a wall.

“C’mon Katherine, this fucker ain’t going to ever do the right thing, time to cut down those bigot boys instead.”

With another growl as the man tried to reach towards the office phone Logan put his hand literally through the kicked in door and tore it off the hinges before tossing it next to the man’s desk.

“Like I said, asshat, leave Chicago.”

Logan’s gruff manner continued all the way through the building, past reception, and even past the two cops who were standing outside which decided not to press any questions quite yet to the short pissed off killer. Chicago’s boys in blue were sometimes good people, but most didn’t like risk. When they had cleared the front steps Logan reached over and squeezed Kitty’s shoulder.

“Missed you kiddo, slick moves and all. Want to get a beer and a burger while we wait for our new friend to call in his panic team? Heard there’s some amazing joints in this boystown place…”
--------------------
user posted image
Trey is hero.
none
played by:
Crypt
X-Men
Dear Lord, sometimes Kitty couldn’t tell when he was acting and when he wasn’t….and this was one of those times. Sure, she trusted him with her life - and honestly? She trusted him with his life. That hadn’t always been the case. He was too damn honorable and willing to give up his life for someone else - but now he had Jet, and she gave him an additional purpose.

She got pushed to the side when Logan grabbed the man, merely making a noise of dissent - but really, what could she do but trust him? The bug was planted. He needed to come up with a way to extract them. She would, of course, play along.

She muttered something about being not little, and sighed, accepting the creep factor just went up a bunch. After all, she had tried to make it look like a potential romantic relationship because, well...Kitty was mid twenties and Logan looked mid 30s...fudge the numbers a bit and it wasn’t creepy..but calling her a little girl? *shudder* Instead, she played the part of the worried...little girl? For Logan’s beserker - which wasn’t much of an act. They’d have people to follow, things to find out, and tonight? They’d raid the files. There was something to be said for a woman who walked through walls and shorted electronics. Good thing she was a good guy.

Kitty started at Logan’s violence, eyes wide, but she dutifully followed after her Logan. When she saw the cops? Well, the worry was easily scented, but apparently the Cops weren’t going to mess with Logan today. Thank God. They managed to get out of the building before anything happened, and yet - once outside? Logan’s gruff manner slipped some.

“Missed you kiddo, slick moves and all. Want to get a beer and a burger while we wait for our new friend to call in his panic team? Heard there’s some amazing joints in this boystown place…”

She exhaled. “Oh, Good God, Logan..for a moment there...you DO know they could have arrested you, and while I know no place can hold you, it certainly WOULD have put a crimp in things….” Blowing out air in exasperation, she looked up at him. Feeling he’d been properly scolded, she did have to smile. “But that really WAS bad ass….” Still shaking her head, she hailed a cab.

“Yes, Boystown as some great food...great places to hang...and yeah…” She pulled out her phone that was working as a mini computer. “Great places to review the situation..” Plugging headphones in, she offered an ear bud to the other man. “Wanna listen in with me?” Oh, she was amused...

Logan
dating Jet
played by:
Timid
Logan
X-Men
“Ain’t no one can arrest you darling less you let them. The people in there, they lawyers for scum. Never build a backbone that way. The cops out front? They don’t get paid enough to deal with people like me. Hey, one thing I was wondering back there, when did you grow up and get curves, pumkin? That cop totally checked you out.”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A few hours later Logan was sitting at a place called DS tequila with a pitcher of their homebrewed margaritas at hand and a tiny bit of a damn good burger still on his plate. He’d been a bit startled to find out that boystown meant gay people, in his mind they still called that a leather club, but the people were nice and the food was amazing. Better yet were the drinks and the company.

They’d listened to the idiot use his desk phone to call a long list of contacts, with layers and layers of dirt about money and protection and even revealing that the man had been a member of a local group of purifiers. All in all it was a hell of a coup. Logan had stayed calm, patient, and amused throughout it all. However the food was done, the night moving on, the evidence located, it was time to get a move on. He rocked forward in his seat even as he flung a credit card halfway across the room to their quite surprised waitress.

“All right Kitty, we know what we need to know, this rabbit hole is deeper then we planned, not it’s game time. You head back to that office and pull the paperwork we need and any other tidbits you can find to bury this assclown. I’m going to go run down that list of names he gave of who paid the asswipe’s defence fees. They are all surprisingly local. Once you get the files, snag a hotel room with cash and a fake name and start reading. I’ll find you when I’m done. Jerkwad will probably hire security after our stunt, make them look stupid, eh? Oh and never try to imply I’m your boyfriend again, that too many levels of fucked up.”
--------------------
user posted image
Trey is hero.
none
played by:
Crypt
X-Men
Kitty left the place, and finally felt safer. There was something almost scarier about lawyers. At least when Eric was coming at you, you knew he was a bad guy. This? this was somehow more insidious...but with Logan, all would be well...

Well, until he asked her the one question guaranteed to make her blush. When did she get curves.... She didn't bother answering, instead just getting into the taxi, her face scarlet.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A few hours later, Kitty had successfully synched her phone with her laptop, and was recording all of the lawyer's calls. Would it stand up in a court of law? Of course not - but it was something to go on. A part of her felt better knowing they were investigating, getting information and getting actual pieces to the puzzle. She still didn't know what end game they were after - besides justice. Would it end with them back in jail? Or pinned for anther crime or? Who knew.

She ate her food with gusto, putting away more than her slight frame should rightfully take. She'd even had a beer with the burger- but only one. Kitty was very aware of how much of a light weight she could be. Fortunately, burger and fries served to counter any alcohol, and she spent the time chatting with Logan and taking copious notes on the various people he called. It was too bad that Logan didn't have the cloud; she could have shared everything with him, but he did, so she couldn't...

When Logan flung his card? Kitty sighed. "Sheesh..why am I lecturing YOU on patience. You need it." She started putting her computer away. And immediately started disagreeing.

"Nope. I'm not leaving you...and not because I don't trust you, but because I want to be a part of this. ALL of this. Even the gritty. I can get you into the office without a problem. Two people; twice as fast....and you'll hear anyone coming before I will. As for the streets? No, I'm not as gritty as you, but I know how to intimidate and extract information. You're right...If we're doing this, WE are doing this."

Her arms crossed was the indication of just how much she wasn't going to move on this. Sure, he needed less sleep, but that didn't matter. None of it did save they get the assholes who did this...bring justice for her Dad. She wasn't going to freeze, she wasn't going to be the whiny brat. She was going to put on her big girl panties and pull her weight.

As for the instructions on the hotel? She heh'd. "You forget, I'm good with a computer. I'll use a fake credit card; less strange looks and won't be tracked back to us..." As for the later, she blushed and simply said, "Roger..." Nope..wasn't touching THAT with a ten foot pole. She had her reasons, and she accepted them...now to deal with whether he would accept her counter offer.

Logan
dating Jet
played by:
Timid
Logan
X-Men
<“Patience rewards the hunter with prey, action rewards the hunter with food.”>

If you needed to make a point and didn’t have the words, just whip out a proverb in Japanese, that worked at least 80% of the time in the feral man’s experience. As always, Kitty meant well, wanted plans and concrete ideas, whereas Logan just aimed to misbehave.

“All right bossy, you wanna hang out with this old man, that’s your choice. We can cover a lot more ground as two, but it would take too much effort to ditch you.”

The old man stood and leaned way way over to place a kiss on Kitty’s forehead, probably making her feel just like a kid again. Then he straightened up and headed for the door.

“You wanna do this the hard way pumkin, well you brought the right man. Make sure you got some disposable boots and a strong stomach.”

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Several hours later Logan was standing over a man who was lying on the ground with the wind knocked out of him. The wounded man was also holding his shredded briefcase to his stomach and hopefully rethinking some bad choices he had made in his life. There had been one man the lawyer had called the most, his payroll guy, Lawrence Watershed. Lawrence and Logan went way back, the man moved more dirty money then anyone else in the Windy city and the wildman was wasting no time getting his point across.

“Now Laurence, we both know I ain’t gonna kill you. But, and this is a pretty big but here, people can live with a whole lot fewer limbs. My good friend Julia here, she wants to know a few things, I’d recommend being honest. I really, really, really, don’t like dealing with the justice system. Don’t make me take it out on you, eh?”

The last time Lawrence had met Logan the Canadian had shot out his tires and turned his brand new Jaguar into a convertible. This time had been way more fun in Logan’s view. He’d “persuaded” the man’s limo driver to take a break and share his uniform, then patiently waited with the window up and Kitty next to him for his “client” now they were in the middle of an abandoned playground in what used to be Cabrini Green. So far Lawrence wasn’t liking the change in plans as his hooker billed his credit card by the hour if her showed or not.

“All yours sweetie, this pig hired our office bound friend and paid 7 times what the going rates are. You’re good at math, let’s find out the equation.”
--------------------
user posted image
Trey is hero.
none
played by:
Crypt
X-Men
Kitty had brought disposable clothes. She'd known, in the back of her mind, that involving Logan meant the potential to involve a part of her past that she wasn't proud of. For a brief moment, she felt a tinge of regret; if she'd brought Manny with them, then this entire thing would be over between him and Logan - but her Father was her Duty. Logan was allowed in that circle because he was the one who truly understood her good, but very flawed man. The man who'd gotten mixed up with the Yakuza.

Everyone saw Kitty as this bright beacon of light, the eternal optimist, always ready with a hug and a smile - and 98% of the time, that was who she was. The man she was with, her surrogate father figure, was the one who'd seen the other 2%. The true Shadowcat; the ghost willing to walk in the darkness, and by forcing Logan to take her with him, she knew that part of her would have to come out.

She'd brought black leather pants, a black sweater that looked more military than fashionable, jump boots and gloves with her. The extra edition to her outfit was a skull bandana. Cliche? Absolutely...and everyone would focus on that - and not on another part of her. Her hair was pulled back and plaited; it wasn't going to get in the way tonight when they got into the invariable fights.

She was itching for a fight.

This feeling was...unusual...for Kitty. Usually she was all about the forgiveness, but tonight she want blood. People had scared her father, had hurt him, had killed him - and then walked away laughing. This wasn't the X-Men's way, but this was Logan's way. Her surrogate father's way..and for these few days, her X-Men uniform was at home, and she was here.

Apparently, her name was Julia.

“All yours sweetie, this pig hired our office bound friend and paid 7 times what the going rates are. You’re good at math, let’s find out the equation.”

Kitty moved up, speaking quietly. She'd learned from the best, and while Logan was all about aggressive intimidation, hers was the way of the Shadows. Keep the voice low. Make them strain to listen, or else. And though she'd been away for a while, she was a master at her powers...and she had learned a few tricks since her time in Japan.

"So..you've met my friend. You know what my friend can do. Fantastic. We all can smell your thought regarding him." She walked up to the man, a hand straightening his tie, smoothing his coat lapels. "He has...shall we say....a short attention span." Her smile was soft, luring him in. "We just need this small piece of information and on your way you go...." It was at this point that she phased her hand and slid it into his chest. She'd learned the trick years ago to phase just a part of her body. How intimidating is it to feel that, though...

Idly, she wondered how bloody her hand would be...and how upset Logan was going to be.

"So...this is quite simple." She phased just her finger tip, poking whatever it was that she touched. "Do you feel that?" The man nodded vigorously. Kitty kept her voice very quiet, calm as she re-phased her fingertip. "I can stop your heart with but one touch...and it will look like a perfectly mundane heart attack....no one will know....you will just be left here, to be eaten by the rats and strays. OR..you can just...share the equation, I remove my hand, and my associate and I move one step closer to what we want..and you continue you conjugal activities..."

She waited. Really, a hand phased in a person was something new, and she was shoving anything of the good Kitty behind walls of reminding herself she'd tried to do the right thing..and this happened.

"FRANK. FRANK SLOAN....He..he wanted to get these two guys out. That's all I know. I made sure the money got there..no ties to him. There's no paperwork. Ohgodohgodohgod..."

Kitty smiled faintly, removing her hand. "Thank you for your assistance, Mr. Watershed. I hope you enjoy the rest of your night..."

Turning, she glanced at Logan and just started walking. They were in street clothes. Well, close to street clothes. A few changes, and they'd be just like everyone else on the streets of the Windy City.

Logan
dating Jet
played by:
Timid
Logan
X-Men
“I don’t.”

A sharp SNIKT and a scream later and Logan stood back up and walked to join Kitty, leaving behind the pile of shit that tried to look like a man behind him. His claws had stabbed once and sliced once, leaving nasty painful wounds in the man’s side and across his hip. Getting laid was most definitely not in the man’s cards tonight, or for the next few months. Not entirely without mercy, Logan called the driver they had “borrowed” his uniform from and told him where to pick the scum up, and to bring plenty of towels. Logan said nothing as he handed the Shadowcat two wet wipes to clean her own hand.

No, words were for people who didn’t have a mission to be doing, who didn’t know how to work as a team and be effective. Instead Logan threw the tarp off his bike and slid a leg over it. Motioning for Kitty to do the same. The ride was silent, save the wind and the roar of the old hog, uneventful and, for Logan at least, rather peaceful. This was what he had been built for, what he did best, and guilt over the guilty wasn’t his game.

Two hours and a lot of bugs later they arrived at 924 N. Clark St, Chicago, Il, $10 million estate of one Frank Sloan. Sloan was a true bastard, a pillar of Chicago, a man who moved politics like others moved drugs. His list of charges was longer then many novels, and not a single one had ever stuck. His kid, Tony, had run a gang a few years back that took any heat that might have come the old man’s way. In addition to his good points, Frank was a known racist, bigot, mutant hater, white power supporter, and had the money and clout to be completely untouchable.

“All right Kyasarin, this here is your play. I’m all for slipping in, eviscerating the guy and stealing his liquor cabinet, but I know that ain’t what you’re here for. You tell me what you want, I’ll help you make it happen.”

As he spoke Logan spread black paint around his eyes and slipped off his outer layers until her stood in black pants and a black tank top. It was wetworks time, time to get nasty and fierce. Or maybe it wasn’t, Kitty was full of surprises. Who knew what the girl would pull out of her bag of tricks next. Long as his daughter got what she wanted, Logan would be satisfied.
--------------------
user posted image
Trey is hero.
none
played by:
Crypt
X-Men
“I don’t.”

She should have known better. She really should have - but it took all her will to not flinch when she heard his claws come out and then the scream. Judging from the sounds, Logan had punctured and sliced; Kitty worried briefly about police - but then, this guy wasn't a good guy, so she doubted any charges would be brought up. That was the hard part of being Logan; he was fairly unique, so when he hit someone? Anyone in the know knew it was him.

Ah well.

She took the wipes and tended to her hand, making no comment on what had just happened. She had demanded to be taken along, and this was part of what she knew was coming. Of course, Kitty was conflicted. She was filled with rage for those who'd killed her Dad. She still felt guilty because they'd targeted her Dad because of her. She wasn't a killer, and yet - she really was. It had been a few years, but that part of her was still there..the part where she could phase into a person....

She slid onto the bike without any words. The phaser didn't bother with a helmet and wasn't offered one; after all, what was the point? The ride, at least, would give her time for her thoughts.

They arrived outside a huge mansion. She knew, from the legwork this evening, that the money came back to here - and here was a very bad man. In that moment, she thought she understood Eric with a crystal clarity. So many racists, bigots - men (and woman) filled with hate rose above the law because they had money. In this case, Sloan had money and scapegoats. She could understand the allure of just...removing them. The ends justify the means - and for a moment? She was tempted. Sorely, sorely tempted. How many lives would she save if she gave the go ahead and eliminated him? His son wasn't strong enough to take over....

But what was the right thing to do?

Two hours and a lot of bugs later they arrived at 924 N. Clark St, Chicago, Il, $10 million estate of one Frank Sloan. Sloan was a true bastard, a pillar of Chicago, a man who moved politics like others moved drugs. His list of charges was longer then many novels, and not a single one had ever stuck. His kid, Tony, had run a gang a few years back that took any heat that might have come the old man’s way. In addition to his good points, Frank was a known racist, bigot, mutant hater, white power supporter, and had the money and clout to be completely untouchable.

“All right Kyasarin, this here is your play. I’m all for slipping in, eviscerating the guy and stealing his liquor cabinet, but I know that ain’t what you’re here for. You tell me what you want, I’ll help you make it happen.”

The shake of her head was slow, and there was an element of regret with it - but it was a definite no. Slipping into Japanese, she murmured, ~I'm not a killer. You can kill, but I will not have you kill in my name.~ She sighed.

~This man stays above all because they cannot catch him with anything...so...we catch him in something and make a pretty package for the police. Get me near his computers, and I'll find something....~ They had to.

And there was the issue of the two men who'd actually killed her father. This man might have removed the legal boundaries, and he might be the scum of the Earth, but she wanted the other two behind bars again.

Nodding her near, she reiterated, ~We get information that will hurt him. I'm one of the best hackers in the world...we can get information there...and if we screw up some of his other stuff?"~ She shrugged.

~That sound...doable?"~ She wouldn't say agreeable. He was giving her the call. She suspected Logan would kill the guy and not look back but she had to demand more of herself...

Logan
dating Jet
played by:
Timid
Logan
X-Men
“Ain’t nothing in this world that ain’t doable for giri, darling, not a damn thing. Sit tight, I’ll be back in a few”

Kitty gave her marching orders and Logan was off like a bullet. He could smell the guards, that hideous stink of gun oil and smugness. The old man could move like a ghost, could slip in and out of shadows like most people took breath, was quite faster then any normal human. Within 17 minutes he had moved around the outside of the estate, knocking out each and every guard patrolling the grounds and learning their patrol patterns and check in tags to boot. No claws, no death, not even all that much blood. The girl had asked and he delivered. With a smile he made his way back to Kitty and handed her an electronic key card and the keys to a Maserati.

“Well that was fun. One of those guys was looking at porn on his phone and another was video chatting with the cutest 5 year old girl you’ve ever seen. I swear, these phone things make my job so easy they gonna replace me with a teenager and a rifle. Seven guards, tag line is ‘Mr. Bigshot’ every 27 minutes. You believe that? 27 minutes check in windows. That’s enough time to rob this man blind and still have time for a beer. Two complications, he’s hired a woman for the night, apparently she has kids somewhere in the house, and Sloan has a ton of inner security, way better then these scrubs.”

Logan smiled as he talked, he didn’t like things easy. Easy made you careless, led to mistakes and a lack of caution. Things were gonna get a little rough as Kitty wanted this all non-lethal and that would make things interesting. He held up his hand and started counting off fingers. While he held up two cell phones.

“Folk don’t use talkies anymore, wasted a bit of time looking for one during the takedown. Best of my knowledge, man’s got least 20 inside and cameras everywhere. That’s gonna be tricky, cameras are hard to smell and suss out when you don’t know the layout of a place. What’s the next move kiddo?”
--------------------
user posted image
Trey is hero.
none
played by:
Crypt
X-Men
Logan was family; he would do anything for her, and she for him - and this situation really put that fact into the light. Again. It seemed he was always helping her. She would really have to find a way to pay back, someday. Kitty crouched in an area, using her phasing power to blend into the surroundings. It was one of the more sophisticated parts of her power, and she enjoyed using it. Of course, sitting still..that was another matter. Sure, Kitty was trained, had trained, but this mission was so much more personal for her.

The time with Logan allowed her to really and truly reflect what she wanted.

She wanted her father's killers to pay. That was an easy want - but how? Not eye for eye justice; that wasn't her style. Well, her style today. She really liked the idea of them in prison; sure, there were systems within prison, and chances were that they would meet up with others, but it was still consequences for actions - and she couldn't help but be hopeful that, if they didn't change their tune, their actions would act as a deterrent on larger actions. Or that they'd be away for a long time. Yes, she wanted these two in jail.

This man? He was dangerous. In many ways, he was a human equivalent of Eric. He had money, and a vision, and the political power to make that vision happen...but he was insidious, like Eric. No, he wasn't trying to take over Chicago; he was pulling strings - like what Eric had done in Genosha. This guy needed to fall, and getting dirt and giving it just to the police would not work. She needed to get it out there, wider.

She was ready when Logan returned.

Kitty had to roll her eyes in judgement at the porn comment. The guy couldn't even buy competent thugs?! "Did the kid have any clue?" She really hoped not. If he dropped a call, would the kid alert someone?

The tag line, though. She snorted, "The guy has issues, obviously. Mr. Bigshot?!?" Oh, yeah. Kitty was judging.

The complications though? That made Kitty wrinkle her nose. "Well, fudge." She paused, trying to figure out what to do. Had she known ahead, then she'd say wait until later..but it was already pretty late. One could assume that, due to the lateness of the hour, the kids would be asleep - but she didn't want them in the cross hairs. The woman? Well..hopefully she would be in bed with Sloan..

"Good thing I'd found the layout, right?"

She grinned a bit. While Logan was the best at what he did, she was no slouch with hacking. As soon as she'd gotten Sloan's name, she'd taken a side trip with one of the laptops found with one of the guys they'd beaten and managed to grab the basic plans. She'd been able to bring them up, PDF form, on her phone. "It's not easy to ready, but I've got the basic layout....no cameras or guard patterns, but a start for things."

As for how to get in? She laughed, "You're getting old, old man." Grabbing Logan, she reminded him that she could hide them both from eyes. Sure, it required normal amounts of stealth, but she'd also learned walking about ten feet up helped. People didn't look up any more. It was a dark night, they were wearing black...getting across was a cake walk. Getting in? A cake walk.

"I think we go in here.." She pointed to what SHOULD be some sort of sitting room. "Security should be on windows - not on walls...so we phase in, look for the blind spots. I phase through it, the camera fritzes. Sure, we can't do that to all, but most people are going to assume a battery went out - because really? getting in through a wall, seven people and seeing nothing? That's the logcal way. From there? We walk through walls to find the computer."

She knew Logan wanted blood; she also knew he wouldn't push it unless it was needed.

Taking one of the phones, she pocketed it and bit her lower lip. "Sound good?"

She was the Shadowcat for a reason. Time to act like one.

Logan
dating Jet
played by:
Timid
Logan
X-Men
“It’s me darling, I waited for him to hang up first. No girl that young needs to see her pop roughed up just for doing his job. Maybe when he comes to and noticed his rifle bent almost in half, he’ll choose a different line of work.”

Logan, contrary to the rumors, loved kids. People about 12 and under were little balls of wonder and joy and he liked to see ‘em stay that way. He did his best to shield the worst parts of the world from the littles, he owed them that much as most people, himself included, were shit parents. Plus the man had had Canadian dog tags round his neck. If life had been different they might have served together.

“Good thing indeed. Kinda forgot to snag blueprints on the way over, I must be getting old.”

The wild man appreciated Kitty’s confidence and ability to see this as a game, a deadly game, but something light regardless. That was part of his teachings, if you are superior you need to know it, once you know it, nothing at all is impossible. Confidence without arrogance, that was the pinnacle, something he had yet to reach himself. Of course Kitty also agreed he was getting old.

When Kitty worked her magic on him, the feral grunted and hissed. He didn’t like her powers, didn’t like what they did to him, liked the toll they’d take on her for working with him even less. Adamantium was the densest thing on this whole planet, trying to move anything through it’s almost entirely solid matrix was damn near impossible. The kid could do it, but it would make her slow, weak, and usually sick to her stomach on top of it. With a further grunt he slipped her grasp.

“<No, Katharine, you and you alone go through the walls. Do what you need to do then meet me outside the room of Sloan. Man owes you a deep debt, you’ll have to decide how he pays it. While you could easily do what I do, I can not help you when it comes to those infernal machines. I shall give us some time to handle things and, when it is time, put things into panic mode.>”

Logan was an old soul, he believed in Kitty, completely, however she did not get to risk herself for him. That was nonnegotiable. With a grin the old old man slipped back into the shadows like a ghost. He, as ever, would do things his way, while counting on his teammate to do what she would always do better then he could even guess.
--------------------
user posted image
Trey is hero.
none
played by:
Crypt
X-Men
Kitty smirked as Logan reminded her of just who he was. Of course he waited for the kid to go away..and the fact she asked showed how long she'd been away from Logan. Ah, well..they were back together now. She hoped that, indeed, he rethought his line of work. Probably not, but hey.
Shaking her head at Logan's old comment - she didn't bother to answer it. He had been her mentor in so many ways; one of which was the whole art of hunting prey. This was a step by step operation, and really? With this pair? As long as they were careful, anything would be possible. She wasn't arrogant enough to think she could do it all; she was arrogant enough to know the two of them were damn good together.

Phasing Logan was always a challenge. Adamantium was just hard to get the molecules to move. She could do it, but it usually made her sick. No matter, it would get them inside easier, and that was her plan until he snarled at her. She blinked, taken aback by the use of her full name. Amazing how one word could change anything. She stood up a little taller, got a little more formal, and listened to his words.

She nodded at her orders, and phased through the wall.

Her powers had a lot of neat effects - mostly stealth oriented. She knew it would be much smarter to hack the cameras and security system than to phase through them. Getting to Sloan's computer was ridiculously easy for her. She air walked up and then through the wall. Waiting until the camera swept, she got to his computer and remoted into the security feed. A few moments later and she informed Logan, "You should be good. Cameras are on loop. Won't last forever, but it will do for now." She wanted to make sure that the kids weren't hurt - or the prostitute.

Her hands flew across the keyboard as she started looking for files to dump onto a remote server. She had the ability, and she had the tech - and even if she hadn't, she could call Sarah - but she wouldn't unless she hit something she couldn't handle, and that was unlikely. Stumbling on the blackmail material was a stroke of fortune. Getting access to his books was critical - but happening to find the recordings he made of the situations that put things in less than a stellar light? This man really was the scum of the earth.

She found what she needed to put her father's killers in jail. No problem. Things were saved, and sent to multiple police stations, pinged off of remote servers. They'd have to dig, but the evidence would prove true.

That's when she found the video files.

She shouldn't have clicked on them. She really, really shouldn't have....

Apparently, Sloan collected death videos of mutants. He was literally bankrolling mutant killers. What she saw made her blood boil - boil enough that she was stupid. Oh, she logged out after playing a worm virus on his system - but then she headed straight threw the walls to Sloan's room - where she had every intention of killing him....

Logan
dating Jet
played by:
Timid
Logan
X-Men
The Wolverine needed some time away from his daughter to clear his own head. Kitty was walking a tightrope here and he didn’t want to push her to either side. The old man didn’t really believe in black and white, in good vs evil, or even in good guys and bad guys. Most people choose to be shits, some were forced into being shits, and literally anyone could end up being a total shit with the right circumstances. So far, Kitty had given no indication that she wanted to be a shit, so he’d like to keep her that way. The girl’s smell was acrid, close to rage no matter how hard she tried to suppress it.

Besides, this was the part he really really liked. The wild man slipped through shadows and hallways alike like a ghost, no a revenant. He was a vengeful hungry ghost, an unstoppable force of nature. Guards either never saw him coming, or did and froze regardless. Logan was an animal, a savage, and man who knew how to fight and kill better then damn near anyone on the planet. Without some kind of camera system telling people where he was, these goons, no matter how well trained were just fodder.

His claws slid in and out a dozen times or so as he moved through the house like a whirlwind. He spoke not a word, gave no quarter, showed not the slightest hesitation. These men were not like the hired on guards outside with their weekly paychecks and families. Logan liked and respected the working joe doing what he needed to do. No, these men were professionals, thugs and muscle and contract types. He didn’t kill any of them, not yet, but many were going to be in the hospital for a long time.

All of the fun stuff done Logan smiled, then hissed as his nose picked up what he had been most afraid of. Kitty on a beeline towards the main man’s office even though the odor of woman and kids was all mixed into that room tightly. Kitty’s scent was faint, hard to track, but the rage therein was clearer to Logan then any look on a face could be. Not knowing how else to head her off, he shoulder checked the door and howled as a hefty dose of electricity flung him, his flesh sizzling, down the hallway. Well, this was a setback. Hopefully he’d made enough noise to catch Kitty’s attention cause this was going to take a minute to heal.
--------------------
user posted image
Trey is hero.

Topic Options
Pages: (2) 1 2 
Add Reply

skinned exclusively for XMR by evvie of caution, shine, & tumblr.

Our Discord

Affiliates & Directories

RPG-D
Top RP Sites Top RP SitesVote for X-Men: Revolution at Top Site List Planet
Shadowplay Topsites Marvel Topsites