WELCOME TO EARTH-740.

X-Men Revolution is an Earth-616 inspired advanced RPG. We are loosely inspired by canon comic and movies, but have our own history, original characters and plots.

Join us as an original character, or pick one from marvel canon!

x-men
REVOLUTION

Add Reply

Do you wanna make a (snowman) treehouse?
best friends
played by:
Timid
NPC
May 1st, 2018
16:02

Taylor, Piper, and Hunter Jensen had pretty much settled into their new life as students at M-School. They'd been too the moon to meet aliens that weren't aliens, made friends with a werewolf, chased a few blue ducks, and learned how to punch from warrior roses. Thankfully growing up in Mutant Town had made them harder to shock then most.

One thing hadn't settled though, their papa was still gone. All the friends and teachers and awesome adventures in the world couldn't make up for that. Piper however had a plan to fix that, at least in part.

Ages ago, before Mammomax had dropped them off at Xavier’s he'd promised to help them build a fort in the scant treeless backyard they had. Well the giant father might not be around, but there were lots of trees and maybe if they built him a house he'd come visit. One problem with that plan though was pointed out by Hunter as he sketched endless variations of what a treehouse could look like.

“We don't know how to build anything.”

Which of course paused his sisters for only a moment. Taylor was nigh unstoppable once she had an idea and Piper was too smart for her own good. Against their brother’s objections the two soon had a half brained plan worked out and were on their way to Mr. Cyclops’s office. Taylor knocked once then twisted the handle to open the door and scoot inside with a megawatt “innocent” smile.

“Mr. Cyclops? We, all of us, we wanna build a treehouse. For papa. So he can come visit. We'll make a room for all the other kids too. Maybe some of the older kids with the fancy powers could help? Maybe Mr. Hellion as he's a green lantern?”

Piper, never one for subtlety picked up where Taylor left off.

“We need wood, nails, saws, rope, trees, and laborers. Eventually ice to make an icebox. Will need to be very sturdy as our father is very heavy.”

Meanwhile Hunter, a child far happier to go unnoticed merely stood behind his siblings sheepishly waving a sketch of something that looked like a palace shaped like an elephant at their sunglass wearing headmaster.

“What they mean… Uh Uh sir…. What my scars, slaps, SISTERS mean is can you please help us? Papa was an orangutan, archer, arsonist…. He BUILT stuff!”

As ever, words transposed themselves in Hutner’s head and the wrong sounds came out. It still frustrated him, still made him feel stupid, but with work and help he'd been slowly mastering pushing through it.
Married to Jean Grey-Summers
played by:
Heather
X-Men
Scott looked at the three (sometimes) children, as they spilled into his office, with grand plans and no real idea how to enact them. As Hunter struggled to get the words out, Scott took the picture from his hand, amused to see that their idea of a tree fort was shaped like an elephant. Their father was... a difficult subject, as he was one of Magneto's Brotherhood, and therefore, technically, a villain, an enemy of everything that this school stood for, but Scott understood that their very presence here was because whatever else Max Jensen was, he was a father first and he wanted what was best for his children. And, for their part, those children truly loved their father.

"Hmmm, so you think you can build this?" Scott asked the three. They were young, seven years old, if he remembered correctly, about Rachel's age, and if they were anything like him when he was seven, this idea was a little too big for them. But they had something he had not had.

Getting up from his desk, he said, "Follow me, Woozles," he said, using the nickname that they gave themselves. "I'll show you how to make this possible."

He lead them out of his office, and down the hall, to the stairs that lead down to the basement levels. They weren't allowed to come down here alone, unless they were coming to the medical bay, but Scott wasn't taking them to see Doc Nemesis today.

Leading them into the Danger Room, Scott said, "Danger, I have a task for you, if you'd be so kind."

In the large, empty room, a slot opened in one wall, and the mechanically constructed body that Danger's AI tended to inhabit when she chose, stepped forth. "I am not kind, Designate: Scott Summers, nor do you have to request permission to give me a task. I am at your service."

Scott gave a nod, and said, "If you were simply at my service, I wouldn't ask."

Danger nodded back and said, "I am so kind as to do this task." She looked at the Woozles, her optical scanners identifying the children. "Collective: Woozles. Tyler, Hunter and Piper. What may I assist with?"

"The Woozles would like to build a tree house," Scott said, "Do you know what a tree house is?"

A minute pause and then Danger said, "I do now. There are several tribes in the Pangaea biosphere that make their homes in the jungle canopy. Is this what you wish to do?"

"In a manner of speaking," Scott said. "The children have very specific needs for their tree house. Pull up a scan of the trees in the forest, limited to our property, away from the lake, full grown only. 1/5 scale size."

The room lit up with the holographic displays, and the forest surrounding the school appeared in miniature, the unsuitable trees removed as requested. Scott gestured to Danger and said, "All right, Woozles, tell Miss Danger what it is you need this tree house to be."
best friends
played by:
Timid
NPC
The three little mutants followed at Scott’s heels. When they got in the elevator to go downstairs, a place they only went when Piper wanted to spend time with Nemesis, Hunter went a few shades paler. He didn’t like doctors and the thought went through him that they had done something wrong. Or maybe they were all finally going to punish them for their daddy. Their link meant his sisters we there comforting him almost before he grew worried. Their powers were odd, but it meant that all three were there for each other at all times.

So, as in so many other things, his sisters provided him the spine to carry on. Hunter what their conscious, their emotional core. He quaked and worried and got scared, but he also guided and focused and thought things through. When they passed Dr. Nem’s door all three children’s eyes started to grow wider. They had never been this far into the school, had never really thought about the places and things the only kids talked about. They were not greedy kids, they tended to be more then happy with whatever they were told they could have and do. But this, this was new and they were unprepared.

Their eyes continued to widen as they were led into a big empty room. Hunter shook a little more, it made him think of the gym they had stayed after the pure people had come and shattered their home. However this place had no other people, no broken bodies or crying kids and curiosity won over memories. Piper however was not one to hold back her views.

“What is this? Some kind of Star Trek program place? Are their visors we put on to see things? Are we gonna build the house here? Like a VR house? Papa can’t live in a house that isn’t real!”

Taylor’s reaction came a moment later, as Danger herself appeared. The little blonde gave out a shriek of pure delight. She loved surprises, loved robots, loved pretty much anything new or different upon contact with it.

“THEY HAVE A ROBOT LADY! Like in Mass Effect! Papa wouldn’t let us play video games, but Charlie down the street had like all of them. He was a telekinetic. Hi Miss Danger ED-I. It’s nice to meet you! I’m Taylor. Do you live in the wall? Cause you could totally live with us in our room. I’ve never had a robofriend before.”

The talk of the two “adults” went over the children’s heads of course. Piper was busy analysing the data being presented here and making plans. Hunter instantly dug out some paper and a pencil, dedicated to making a sketch of his first ever robot. Taylor was far too busy talking and scooting in circular fashion around Danger. This might be even cooler then being friends with a werewolf. Piper had more to say however.

“We’re not a collective. We just share a body, well sometimes. We’re more like a colony.”

The brunette did smile prettily, she loved correcting people and how often did you get to correct a living machine? This was, for her, like Christmas and two birthdays rolled together. A robot would understand her, didn’t have pesky stay thoughts and feelings, wouldn’t try to tell her how to be. She coughed once, for effect, then gave her siblings a glare which sent them to back to her sides and stuck her hand out. On cue Hunter handed her a complicated, very illogical but detailed “blueprint” of a house made of three trees that looked much like an elephant from above. The structure had everything from toilets to a moat with laser sharks, from cannons, to an iris scan device. Piper read, constantly, and well past her age range, Hunter had an imagination that seemed to expand by the day. Between the two of them they could fit every possible 7 year old idea into one space.

We shall need a clump of three trees of close height capable of independently and jointly bearing around a ton. Also enough materials to build a two story house. Skilled laborers, don’t mind the cannons and lasers and moats, Hunter is an artist after all. Can you do holographic projection? Perhaps you could make this in miniature and we could sort out the parts that are beyond me and my siblings?”

Taylor meanwhile, feeling far out of her depth, sat at Scott’s feet and looked at him nervously. She was a person of action and had taken to heart her father’s lesson, “be careful when someone gives you just what you want. They usually aren’t good people.” very early on. This seemed too good to be true, like believing that M-Town was safe, or that momma would come back to them one day.
Artificial
played by:
Heather
NPC
“We’re not a collective. We just share a body, well sometimes. We’re more like a colony.”

Danger glanced at Scott, turning her entire head as her eyes were fixed optical sensors and not really eyes at all. He shrugged, "Children tend to be very literal," he told her.

"But collective and colony..." Danger began.

Scott stopped her by putting his hand up, "Not worth it, Danger. What do you think about their blueprints?"

Danger scanned Hunter's drawing, "Have you seen these designs, Designate Scott Summers?"

"I have."

"You approve of these designs?" Danger asked, "Many of these additions are of a dangerous nature. I would not be performing my function if I allowed untrained minors to handle explosives or unmonitored weapons." She looked again at the blueprints, "Are these the same sharks with fitted lasers that Designate James Bradley is attempting to create in the biolab?"

Scott peered over Danger's shoulder at the picture, "Well, that's something Nemesis and I are going to have to discuss," he said, dryly. Looking at the miniature forest that had bloomed up around the children, most of the trees, even at this scale, towering over their heads, and he said, "Let's start with the basics, Woozles, and move on from there. We have to discuss your invitation for your father to join you in this tree house. I think these trees, here and here and here," he said, pointing to three of the largest that were arranged in a rough triangle, "collectively can support his weight, and it's both far enough from the river and close enough to the school that I'd feel comfortable allowing you to play unsupervised. But, you have to understand that there is a problem with allowing your father on the school grounds... given his affiliation with some people who your classmates might not be safe around. I know your Dad is just doing what he thinks is right, but some of his... coworkers are doing what they know is wrong. Do you understand the difference?"
best friends
played by:
Timid
NPC
Piper blushed, something that tended to take her from merely average to actual cuteness, a fact she hated. She wanted to be known and respected for her thoughts, let Taylor handle the looks and be the “cute little girl”. Still, it was work time and the adults were taking her seriously. Unlike her siblings, she would prove they were more then just little kids.

“Yes sir, I spend some of my free time with Dr. Bradley and that means my brother and sister overhear things they don’t understand. Hunter has been drawing flying sharks with laser eyes for weeks now, not to mention talking starfish ruling Congress.”

Hunter started to sputter and Piper held up one hand which cut him off mid sentence.

“I understand, there’s three of us and we all have ideas. I know them and we need a united front here. We can not be explaining everything three times over or differing on ideas. So you two can go play “in home” or keep staring at Danger or whatever, but do it quietly please.”

As her siblings shot dirty looks into Piper’s back and plotted as close to mutiny as 70 year olds could do, Piper went back to doing what she did best. Being bossy and talking way above her age range and means. She looked over the three trees, her keen mind and sharp insight filling in the blanks, layering ideas ontop of each other in rapid fashion. My Summers might just be her favorite teacher, he could tunnel vision like she did but he was so much better at it.

“Yes, we understand. Papa is, at the very least, an enemy of the state and his hatred of humans, correct or not, is not compatible with the way this school operates. When he comes back for us, we’ll sort that out. He’s not a monster around us and has to believe in whatever you do enough to trust you with us.”

Heady stuff for a 7 year old, even for one as intelligent as Taylor Jensen. Honestly she didn’t understand most of that besides the basic concepts, but she’d read enough to have the words. Pap would be back for them, somehow things would work out. If he wanted them all to leave she’d dig her heels in. They needed Xavier’s, it had books and friends and chances M-Town never could.

“Sir, I’m not an adult and I rarely understand why any of you do most of what you do. I’m more like Danger here, I try to stick to logic and learning. I’m sorry everyone wants to fight all the time and we all hate that people are killed all the time cause they can’t agree. But right now, we just want to build a treehouse. Have something here that’s ours, you know?”

~~~~~some time later, at the base of the three actual trees~~~~~~

They had wood, they had nails, they had power tools, they even had protective gear that looked huge on the small children. They were fully armed and armored in wide eyes and hopeful smiles and constant babble on how amazing this would all be. What they didn’t have however, was a clue. Looking at the massive trees and the tiny pile of boards they had managed to carry via wheelbarrow to their “construction site” all three Woozles finally realized how incredibly overwhelmed they were.

“Uh…. Mr. Cyclops…. This is way way way way more complex then when we did this in art class with Mrs Wolfsbane’s play-doh. Also, we have decided to give up on the moat. It’s too hard to keep the fang fish fed and we’d have to clean out their poop.”

Topic Options
Add Reply

skinned exclusively for XMR by evvie of caution, shine, & tumblr.

Our Discord

Affiliates & Directories

RPG-D
Top RP Sites Top RP SitesVote for X-Men: Revolution at Top Site List Planet
Shadowplay Topsites Marvel Topsites