WELCOME TO EARTH-740.

X-Men Revolution is an Earth-616 inspired advanced RPG. We are loosely inspired by canon comic and movies, but have our own history, original characters and plots.

Join us as an original character, or pick one from marvel canon!

x-men
REVOLUTION

Add Reply

One Small Step for a Boy, Junior, and any Kid who is awake
I'm a kid!
played by:
Heather
Student: Non-Com
February 27th
Early Morning

So, here's the thing.

Nate Summers was a good boy, he really was. He had been taught, from a very young age, to be honest, to help others, do what was right. The fact that everyone he knew was a superhero, may have helped, or his not-at-all disguised hero worship of Captain America. (Ask him some time about how his Dad knew the real Cap and he came to his 4th birthday party) It could have also been that he was a Summers, and as a rule, the men who bore that name tended to be good guys, leaders, strong of both power and conviction...

But, he was also a nine year old kid on the moon, a kid who even as a toddler had no fear. There were probably many faults in Nate's person, though they were fairly typical ones that any boy has, but his innate belief that no harm would come to him because of who his family was and what his powers could do... well, that was definitely the biggest fault he had.

Last night, while he had enjoyed the gala and the feast that the Inhumans had treated the children to, it was still just a city. He didn't come to the moon to see a city. He wanted to see the MOON. So, in collusion with Junior, who was in a roundabout way his cousin and therefore a natural partner in crime, and a couple of the other older kids, he'd made a plan to sneak outside the dome. Yes, there wasn't any air on most of the moon, but Ahura had explained that they were in a section called "The Blue Area" and that ancient machines had created a livable environment outside the dome, for a small way. That, and on their tour of the city where Ahura's parents ruled, they were shown a machine at the wall of the dome that created space suits for the inhumans so they could venture into the wastelands beyond their protected home. The inhumans were certainly much more advanced than earth, the machine would probably be able to make kid sized suits.

And, if not, Nate would find another way.

Quietly, so as not to wake up anyone he did not want woken up, with his shoes in his hand, Nate slipped out of the room he had been given, into the dark halls of the still slumbering citadel, lit only by strange globes that brightened as he came near.

"No," he whispered to the lights, "Stay dark."

The lights obediently dimmed.

Yeah. The inhuman tech was awesome.

Creeping across the hall, he slipped into the room where Junior had been placed, and said, softly, "Junior? You awake yet?" He sat down on a chair to put on his shoes, "Come on," he said, "Grab your coat. We're going outside."

Max Coleridge Jr
Greg Russell
Nuya
“Yeah,” he said, wiping the remaining sleep from his eyes. “I’ll be ready in a minute.” His sleep had been light and he’d woken up several times during the night, roused by strange sounds and at least once because it had been just too quiet. Normally, that would’ve meant he’d still be tired and dragging himself out of bed but there was a sense of excitement to it all, like Christmas morning after staying up all night straining your ears listening for Santa.

He leapt out of bed and started throwing off his PJs and pulling on clothes. In only a few minutes, he was combing his fingers through his dark, curly hair and after a glance in a mirror, called it good enough.

“I snuck food from the buffet last night,” he said and tossed Nate something from a small pile of goodies, for himself and Nate and the others, that seemed similar to fruit roll-ups, dehydrated fruit stuff anyway. Just as goodness and boldness was in Nate's blood, Junior was a planner and thinker, not only about the moment but planning and thinking about the next step. “Have breakfast.” His own fruit roll-up/twizzler thing hung half in and half out of his mouth, slowly disappearing, as he put on his shoes.

“Are we going to stop by the other’s rooms,” Junior whispered, “or are they coming here?”

Glancing out the window, Junior looked out over the still sleeping city, dark except for the lighted windows. “Where are we going?”
NPC
The party was nice and all, Greg supposed, even if it didn't have any play areas or games for the kids to play with. The food was pretty good at least, and to be in a new place, with people he didn't know, where he didn't have to hide who he really was because at least half of the people in the whole city were some kind of different like he was was really great.

But much like it was with Nate, Greg felt he had already seen cities. This was Mutant Town on steroids, and once the initial awe wore off, he wanted... more. There was a whole moon out there to see, and he wanted to see it. He hadn't forgotten his initial desire to find the American flag, to find Neil Armstrong's bootprint, and to add his own to it.

The rooms weren't soundproofed, at least not entirely, so he heard Nate and Max plotting and planning a door or two down the hall. It took very little thought for Greg to hop out of bed and creep to the door, poking his head out gingerly.

"We're gonna go find the flag?" Greg asked in a whisper that was louder than he intended.
best friends
played by:
Timid
NPC
The Woozles lived a very odd life, even for mutant kids. A few weeks after arriving at Xavier’s they had solved their need to suddenly be individuals by working out a schedule of being alone. Here on the moon they kept to it, Hunter being awake and happily drawing his room while looking out the window like thing it contained. Piper had quickly exhausted herself by asking anyone who would listen about tech and politics and why powers were celebrated here but not on Earth. Taylor had quickly grown bored at the lack of places to run and climb, or more accurately at the number of people preventing her from such. Hunter, with his artist’s eye, wasn’t much like his sisters, he liked the quiet vibe of this moon city, liked the respect everyone carried.

However this did mean he was both fully awake and aware when some of the bigger kids inevitably became mischief bound. Having two sisters that were pretty literally a part of him and both caused trouble in their own ways well prepared him for sneak outs and fast changes in activity. He didn’t know what the others would be on about, what their plans were, but they were all boys. It might be really fun to just be boys for once. Using their odd link, Hunter noted that Piper and Taylor were quiet “in home” perhaps actually asleep for once. SO he put on his shoes and grabbed a jacket after carefully setting his sketchpad down. As always, Greg proved the tipping point. His small voice reached Hunter’s ears and Taylor’s affection for the feral pushed Hunter out into the hallway.

“Hey guys, where we going? The city’s really cool, but I’m kinda running out of things to draw. Do you think there’s still a space shuffle… er… shatter…. Er… SHIP! Out there? From like the time of the aster… otter… astronauts? That would be awesome. And do you mean that Merican flag from the movies? Papa says that whole thing was faked to scare the Russians.”

As ever, Hunter had trouble making words flow from his head to his lips. His brain changed words on him, altered definitions, or simply pushed the wrong word out. He’d been working on it, working hard, but it never seemed to get much better. Mr. Cyclops had told him about a similar problem he’d had years ago, so that made Hunter work even harder at it.
I'm a kid!
played by:
Heather
Student: Non-Com
The other boys started to join them in Junior's room, and Nate, munching on one of the fruit roll up things that Junior had given them, shushed them. "Quiet, guys. We don't want to wake anyone up." He looked at the youngest of the group and said, "Hunter, if you want to come with us, are your sisters going to cause problems? Can you keep them in home if they do?"

The Woozles were very odd and their powers were something that Nate didn't understand, but since everyone he knew had powers or would eventually, he was not the sort of person that judged others by their abilities. Only by what they did with them. The Woozles dad was working with Nate's grandfather, and that was apparently a bad thing, but Nate trusted people would do the right thing when it came down to it.

Hunter was a little kid, and though he was only two years younger than Nate, the Summers boy sometimes felt much older than the rest of the kids. He put his hand on Hunter's shoulder, "We'll go see the flag and the lunar module, but we have to be very quiet, and if we're going to go outside the dome, you have to have to have a suit on or you'll die. Your sisters can't pop out of home while we're out there. I want to make sure you understand that."

He looked at the other boys, "I want you all to understand that. I was listening to what they were telling us when they showed us around. I know how far we can go before we leave the Blue Area and I can use my powers to get us to where the flag is. I can feel the metal. But it's going to be a long walk and if we get tired, it's not going to be easy to take breaks. Everyone understand?"

Once he was sure that everyone was ready, he said, "Ok, let's go, but everyone has to be quiet, ok? Very quiet."

He lead them out into the hallway and said, "Follow me."
Junior looked over at Hunter as he joined them, he was the most unusual of their number. Greg had the wolf-thing, sure, but Hunter and his sisters had some weird other place they could hide away in, which, as weird went, was pretty hands down weird.

As Nate explained where they were going and stressing the necessity of being quiet, Junior considered his backpack; should he take it… should he not?

He looked at the other boys, "I want you all to understand that. I was listening to what they were telling us when they showed us around. I know how far we can go before we leave the Blue Area and I can use my powers to get us to where the flag is. I can feel the metal. But it's going to be a long walk and if we get tired, it's not going to be easy to take breaks. Everyone understand?"

Junior paid attention to what Nate said and nodded, then added, “If we get stopped, pretend that we go for early morning walks all the time. The moon-people won’t know that’s not true. Nate, you should let me do the talking if we get stopped, you’re not a good liar; you’re too honest.” Like Nate’s hero Cap America, he was a bad liar, but Junior, as they say, was born to it, being sneaky was literally in his genetics and living among Hellfire had made deception as automatic as breathing; though living among the X-Men had changed that some. He dropped the backpack; if they were going to pretend this morning adventure was usual, he didn’t want to seem too prepared for trouble.

“Hey Greg, keep your eyes and ears open if there’s anyone else around. Give us a signal, okay?”
NPC
"It's not a fake," Greg shook his head, folding his arms at his chest. He was a fan of outer space stuff, had kids' books on it, and read them cover to cover. The idea that the moon landing was fake was just preposterous to him. "Astronauts were the best and they came to the moon and changed the whole world."

Greg struggle to contain his excitement, and the children assembled would all know the valiant effort it was taking to be as composed and calm as he was in this moment. He really really wanted to go explore the moon, find Neil Armstrong's flag, put his own bootprint on the moon where it would stay forever. To know that he could look up at the moon when he got back home and know that he had left his mark on it forever? That was exciting.

"I actually do that sometimes!" he spoke softly, whispering as well as he could. This was going to be easy, he was sure. They were friends, they were a good team, they knew how to work together well, and they were going to explore the moon together. It would be the greatest thing ever. Ever.

"I can do that!" He whispered as Max requested he keep his senses trained on the perimeter. Make sure nobody snuck up on them, or caught them off-guard. The opportunity to be useful to the mission? Valuable and not just a tag-along? That was almost as great as getting to go in the first place.

"We're safe so far!" he whispered Ashe followed Nate's lead.
best friends
played by:
Timid
NPC
“My sisters always cause trouble, that’s pretty much what sisters are for i think. But right now they’re kinda asleep, I can keep ‘em that way for long nuff. It’s commie… corrective… car door…. Complex! Anyway, we’ll be OK, they see and hear what i do, kinda and night time is my time.”

At seven years old it was impossible to explain how their powers worked or how close the three really were. Their powers, perfectly natural to them, didn’t make much sense to others, not even their dad. But the trio had learned to live with it, to make the most of it and just be themselves, even if that self was a little more collective like then others. As for Nate, Hunter liked him, he was bossy like Piper but cause he cared, not cause he wanted to be the best. It was nice, reminded him a little of mama. Plus Nate was the son of Mr. Alex, who Papa pretty much regarded as the best X-Person ever. He had weird powers though, metal was boring.

“Oh! If it’s far and we’re worried about being tired I’ll just switch bodies with taylor then, she like never gets tired.”

Thought was deed and for an instant there was a wide eyed blonde girl next to Hunter and in the next there was only the girl, now alert and eager looking. Huntlor smiled and stretched, this seemingly perfectly normal to him. When they were younger they’d body swap all the time and he kind of missed those days. It was a boy girl thing he supposed, or maybe a growing up thing. Either way, it made little sense to him.

“Well, Piper gets up early and does stuff every morning, so it’s not really a lie. Also adults seem to think she’s cute so that will help. Actually it always seems like girls get away with a whole lot more then boys, ya know?”

Hunter spoke with Taylor’s voice, but his movements and thoughts were definitely his own. He was pumped, as he didn’t usually do adventures. It was nice to be going along, to be part of a group, even better that it was boys. Living as a Woozle meant at least two girls around pretty much all the time.

“Well, I guess we’ll see, but papa seemed pretty convinced.”

Topic Options
Add Reply

skinned exclusively for XMR by evvie of caution, shine, & tumblr.

Our Discord

Affiliates & Directories

RPG-D
Top RP Sites Top RP SitesVote for X-Men: Revolution at Top Site List Planet
Shadowplay Topsites Marvel Topsites