WELCOME TO EARTH-740.

X-Men Revolution is an Earth-616 inspired advanced RPG. We are loosely inspired by canon comic and movies, but have our own history, original characters and plots.

Join us as an original character, or pick one from marvel canon!

x-men
REVOLUTION

Add Reply

A new kind of reckless
Single
played by:
Kristie
Others
Date: Late April
Time: 3pm

It was one of those average sized two bedroom apartments in New York City. Real estate was a hard market to get into, but with friends like the Fantastic Four, it was almost no difficulty at all. Having decided to stay a while longer in the city, Crystal had ascertained that she couldn’t continue to live with the Richards— no matter how welcoming they were. So she had moved — her people in Attilan had made the financial arrangements and Crystal had moved in to an exquisitely appointed small apartment, with pretty views over the street and the river on the other side. The house had not come furnished, but she had taken the experience in hand and embraced the earthly ways of shopping. It had been an experience and she was satisfied with the outcome, even IF the store person had told her one did not purchase a Lemon yellow sofa with a black and white striped rug. Crystal liked it and that was what mattered.

She had not told Pietro yet that she was intending to stay on Earth for now; in fact they had not discussed any part of those arrangements. A few nights she had stayed with him, but between Lockjaw and his speed, she had never struggled with going back to the Baxter building with as little effort on her part as possible. Crystal had, for a few nights now, wondered at his children, their lives, especially Luna — her Luna — and how those lives would change. So far it had not... but it might... it truly might in the near future.

Having “unpacked” the last of her clothes — it wasn’t taxing, considering Crystal liberally used her powers — she sat down on her brand new bed, with its pristine sheets, and considered her room. It looked a little like her room in the palace, all purples and blues in her bedroom, like a painted version of the galaxy which sheltered them. The small living room and kitchen was a wash of bright colours (some horrendously shocking), but cheerful and almost frivolous. She loved it. It appealed to her raw, elemental nature.

Picking up her phone — a communication device that was light years behind Attilan technology — Crystal finally sent a text to Pietro.

I’ve left the Baxter Building, she sent to him. She was about to text the next message, but then she realised that it was highly likely that he would find her even before she typed out the next line.
Speed, Stamina, mildly increased strength
Widower, Currently Courting Crystal Amaquelin
played by:
Heather
SHIELD
In Transia, when Pietro and Wanda were little, they lived a very slow existence. The Roma caravan was a traditional one, poor vardos, simple lanterns and bonfires, hunting in the forests under Wundegore. The slowness of their life was suited for who they were then, but when his powers manifested, Pietro grew very quickly to find it intolerable. He suffered it for his sister's sake but now, things were different, and as much as he despised most people of the city, he did indeed love the quickness of New York and its 'civilized' technologies.

So, the almost instantaneous nature of a text message was a fascinating thing to him, and a much appreciated one. He, of course, had the fastest possible, because he did have quite a few acquaintances with various degrees of natural genius and preternatural technopathy. Crystal's message was sent, and almost as fast as Pietro read her words, he was able to use the advanced systems in his modified phone, so pinpoint her exact location.

Even as she realized that she need not send a location, Pietro was already at her door. She was not so very far away, after all... not that any distance was long when one moved at the speeds he did.

The wind rattled, the door opened, and the sound of his appearance was almost like the pop of a cork.

"My, but this is a ... colorful room," Pietro said, with a smile and a greeting kiss, "You have a unique sense of style, my dear one."
Single
played by:
Kristie
Others
“I like it,” Crystal replied, no longer shocked by Quicksilver’s sudden appearance or stunned by the realisation that he would come. She had already slept here a few nights, but today she was finally ready to say that she had unpacked, moved, set up a part of a life here. Perhaps Attilan would always be her home, but at least now, here, she had a corner to her own.

“Colours delight me,” she said, smiling, returning his kiss and drawing him to sit on that brightly coloured couch with her. A slow existence was not in the books for him, but Crystal also knew that when he was engaged, it was easier to slow down. She kept her thumb running on the back of his hand. “Susan found this apartment for me. She was very kind to help,” Crystal told him.

“But now you know where to find me, even if I do not stay at that fortress of technology the Fantastic Four call their home...”

Crystal had reached out to him, primarily because she missed him as she always did, but also because Medusa has inquired over a development on Earth. Not that her Majesty concerned herself with Earthly diplomatic matters, it was more of a matter of curiosity. Things were moving quickly on Genosha, and Crystal had only just heard of it... and Magneto’s involvement. She wondered at what the best way to broach the topic was.
played by:
Heather
SHIELD
“Colours delight me,” she said, smiling, returning his kiss and drawing him to sit on that brightly coloured couch with her.

"They delight my daughters, too," Pietro said, with a teasing tone, "does not mean I allow them to use every color in the crayon box." He took a seat beside her, "Well... I actually do. I am afraid I indulge them, and so, I will indulge you as well." He pulled her legs up onto his lap, in the way that he knew she liked, and he said, "It is not a palace, my love. Are you sure you will be comfortable here?"

She talked airily about the Baxter Building and the Fantastic Four, to whom Pietro felt he owed a debt for keeping Crystal safe and encouraging her to stay here. He had no allusions that she was staying for him. Indeed, he rather expected she was staying despite him, but he would take what he could get. After all, the only place he couldn't run to was the Moon.

There was something on her mind, though, not just a pleasant evening in her new home. Pietro was not a man who normally paid a great deal of attention to the emotions of others, to the point of rudeness at times. But when it came to the females in his life, be it his sisters, his daughters or his loves... well, that was when he was selfless. They were always the focal point of his attentions, to his own detriment if necessary. So, the small signs were there, and though all he truly wanted to do was spend time with her and perhaps share more physical displays of affection, he instead showed a mental display, deciding to cut to the chase, as it were.

"You have something on your mind that is more than a cuddle and a kiss, I think," Pietro said, meeting her eyes with his serious silver blue ones. "There are many things that might be concerning to you and I, but I think this is something more serious than just the normal bumps and valleys of a new relationship. You know that I would travel over any rough road for you, so it is a thing of a different nature." He paused for a moment and then said, "You wonder at my reaction to my father's deeds, is this right? You wonder if I am going to abandon all I know here to either join him Genosha, or stop him there. Is this right?"
Single
played by:
Kristie
Others
Crystal propped her bare feet up on his lap and ‘hmmed’ softly, enjoying the easy ways they had together now. It was different, so different, from the days after his madness – where they had both walked on the precipice of loving, and not loving each other.

Perhaps Crystal would have fallen in love with someone else. Love, she knew, was not as rigid as some people thought it was. It was as fluid as air and water, as hot and passionate as fire – and carried with it a devotion that was as solid as the ground the world was built on.

But there were many kinds of love. Romantic, erotic, familial… All of those…

“You, Pietro Maximoff, are as perceptive as you ever was,” she said leaning forward to brush a kiss on his nose. “I do have cuddles and kisses on my mind, but you are right – I am thinking of this Genosha. Medusa has asked me about it, about the movements, and the happenings…”
Above and beyond the fraught political situation, he was right. Crystal did worry about whether or not he would leave everything he knew here for a time in Genosha. Would she go? Would she be asked to go?

“I wouldn’t say abandon specifically,” she said, after a moment’s hesitation. It was true. Crystal knew he wouldn’t leave his daugthers for anything (she was not so sure of her own position as yet), and even if he did go, he would take every care and consideration for their wellbeing. “But what is happening, Pietro?” Crystal asked, a little bit of worry creeping into her tone. “It sounds like a civil war is brewing, and wars are never a good thing, my love,” she said, speaking even though she knew he knew more about wars then her. Attilan was a civilization of traditions, and for years they had prospered, but it did not mean that it had been peace time for them always. They had their fair share of skirmishes.

But this time it was different. This time, Magneto fought for mutants. Crystal could not disagree, for justice meant that those who were guilty were brought to heel, and penance must be paid. Slavery, she did not agree with, oppression she did not agree with, abuse of power she did not agree with. “If he seeks to be a ruler, Pietro, where do you stand? When the heroes decide to judge him… What shall… What shall we do?”
played by:
Heather
SHIELD
Crystal spilled her fears like water from a broken dam, and Pietro listened carefully. He pulled her close, and said, softly, "Ah, Crystal, I have followed my father before, in his angry quest of mutant supremacy. In our younger days, when he saved my sister and I from our lonely exile, we thought we owed him, thought he spoke for all of us, and perhaps there was the anger left from when humans killed my mother for the sin of bearing witch-cursed children. But the man he made me... I did not like that man. I did not like the violence and the cruelty, and I do not enjoy bloodshed. Wanda and I fled because we could not be what he wanted us to be..."

He took a deep breath, pausing as he remembered begging for asylum from the Angel that had felled his sister with his mere presence, bringing Wanda to her own senses in that rain of blood that she had brought down upon the Friends of Humanity's headquarters. It had been such a relief to be brought into the school, even in those holding cells they had been kept in. Scott Summers and his perceptive wife had kept Wanda and Pietro together, understanding their connection, and in understanding that, they had helped to teach them that they could be apart as well.

"It was many years later that I thought to make Magneto the man I wanted him to be," Pietro said, bringing his thoughts around to those much dramatic times, "I thought perhaps my father remained inside what he had become, and if I served as his right hand, I would be able to coax him from his fear and hatred. I prayed that I could save him, and instead, I was driven mad by the man who was pretending to be him. I became something else, something influenced by that sinister man whose only great contribution to this world is the daughter he crafted from our stolen genes. But in that time, I believed it to be my father, and I realized that I am always destined to fail when it comes to Magneto. I will forever be a disappointment and a mistake to him."

His voice, that lilting accented tenor, was even and calm, even if his words were devastating. Pietro had come to his truth, and while he was not happy with it, he had accepted it.

"My father thinks he is doing the right thing, and perhaps there will be good that comes of this," Pietro said, "He has rescued hundreds of thousands of enslaved mutants who were destined to live lives of pain and suffering. How he did it was no different than how the armies lead by Captain America rescued the jews and the gypsies from the concentration camps that formed who Magneto is. War is war, my love, and mutants did not start the war on Genosha. My father will be lauded a hero and savior of those people. If we can safely evacuate the humans, even those who hate us, even those who we hate, then it is conceivable that the nation can become a haven for the genetically enhanced. It might be enough to soothe the fire in my father's breast, and serve as a tenable example of what good mutantkind can achieve when given the freedom and rights to live their best lives. I do not trust Magneto's Brotherhood to do what is right because he has gathered monsters to serve as his lieutenants..."

Pietro met her eyes with great sincerity, and said, "But I do trust that if he is left alone, he can make that land a paradise for my kind."
Single
played by:
Kristie
Others
"There will always be men who think that good will come out of war," Crystal said softly, leaning against him, "and there will always be people who support that, and people who die for it."

She had fought her fair share of battles. Crystal was a part of the royal family -- she knew what she stood for, and she knew where her place was. Yet there was never a time when she stood away from the battle, even when she knew where the line between right and wrong was. Crystal had battled for Attilan, battled for Medusa and Black Bolt, she had battled for Earth, when she stood with the Fantastic Four. She had soared through the Galaxies when there was danger, and she had gone whereever there was a fight that required her.

And she knew Pietro had been the same. In the madness she had heard him speak, and she knew in his heart of hearts, that he feared a loss greater than he could ever bear. Now he lived for his daughters, the three princesses of his heart, but war took victims without car for these things. Crystal had seen enough of this first hand.

"In Attilan we are all born equal," she said to him, looking up at those austere features, and wondering, not for the first time, what kind of horrors he had seen that she did not yet know of. Bits and pieces of what him and Wanda had faced, came through in his words, his tone, but she knew there was more. "Of course, it does not seem fair of me to say this -- to be born of royal blood -- and speaking of equality. I have lived only in the lushes of palaces, known only life as a princess. But in Attilan, we are born equal and then our fates are decided for us. But yet that is how our society functions. Each of us to a place, and a place for each of us..."

"This paradise you speak of, my love, can it exist? And can it exist in world, your world, where nature demands more fluidity than we are able to provide?" Crystal, through her years on Earth, and her studies of the sciences, had formed one opinion over earthlings -- that there were many who were unhappy, bitter even, by their position in life. Bitterness could breed contempt, and contempt gave way to trouble.

Wasn't it trouble that was brewing now?

"I do not disagree with you, or Magneto," Crystal continued. "But it is a solution for the present. Sure, free the mutants, and annihilate the slavers, or evaculate those that have been innocent and let the rest stand trial... It is justice that is served. But this paradise you speak of, what happens when the genetics change in the next generation, what happens to a human child that is born of two mutants? What if he raises an army towards the rest of the world?"

That day, in the midst of Transia's frozen tundra, Crystal had told Quicksilver that she would give him her heart in exchange for his. She did not promise herself to another lightly, and it was with equal gravity that she spoke her next words. "Know that I would follow you anywhere, so whatever decision you make in this, you make for both of us."

Topic Options
Add Reply

skinned exclusively for XMR by evvie of caution, shine, & tumblr.

Our Discord

Affiliates & Directories

RPG-D
Top RP Sites Top RP SitesVote for X-Men: Revolution at Top Site List Planet
Shadowplay Topsites Marvel Topsites