WELCOME TO EARTH-740.

X-Men Revolution is an Earth-616 inspired advanced RPG. We are loosely inspired by canon comic and movies, but have our own history, original characters and plots.

Join us as an original character, or pick one from marvel canon!

x-men
REVOLUTION

Add Reply

Legend Has It, Erg
Dating Logan
played by:
Kris
X-Factor
Continued from...

His sudden outburst made her jump slightly. Jet tried not to let the smile on her face creep up and take over, but when he reached over to catch her from the near collision and yelled his apologies to her, a smile swept across her entire face. He told her to hold on and dashed back into his room. Emilio forgot about their patrol date. He kept repeating for her to hold on a second and it reminded her of when the kids were rushing.

One second always meant at least another minute or so. Jet waited patiently as he changed. When he left his room once again, changed in a more appropriate patrol outfit, and apologized she shook her head and responded, “Don’t worry about it. Night’s still young… relatively speaking.” Giving him a warm smile the two walked out of the Brownstone and into the neighborhood. As they started their walk the blonde noticed Erg fiddling with he wore.

It wasn’t all the time, but she noticed he’d wear it every now and then. “You can wear it if that makes you more comfortable.” She motioned with her hand to the eye patch in his hands. “Then again, we’re just patrolling Mutant Town, it should be a pretty quiet night.” Jet paused for a moment, “More again… it is a Friday night. People let the start of the weekend get to their heads.” She focused back to Emilio and flashed a smile with a small shrug, “Guess tonight’s a coin toss. It can go either way.” It didn’t worry her though.

Night patrols were always entertaining, and a lot of the time she wished for a partner to work with during those shifts. It was a blessing that Jimmy volunteered for them on a regular basis. More times than not it was always someone very tiny challenging someone three times their size. So trying to break up those fights were always a challenge for the Silverlight. Even with all of that, Jet was still glad in her choice to take on this patrol with him.

--------------------
**********user posted image**********
Single
played by:
Si
Erg
X-Factor
Erg continued to fiddle with the eyepatch. “I dunno…” He shrugged his mouth, not sure how he felt about it any more.

“I used to wear it on Morlock rounds all the time but… Uh… Half the time I think maybe it was just to be like Callisto. I guess I thought she’d think it was cool; so she’d think I was cool.” He said, unable to help how wistful he sounded.

He missed the sense of family he’d had with the Morlocks. Hell, they were the reason he had ‘Bless my family’ in cursive winding all the way up his right arm as part of the seemingly endless amount of ink covering his skin. But, now he was sober, he knew the way he’d been living with them just couldn’t have been sustainable. Some of the other Brownstone residents seemed fine thinking of X-Factor as a substitute family but something about it hadn’t quite clicked for Erg yet.

“It just stops sparks jumping out if shit gets weird.” He explained. “If you don’t think there’s too much weirdness headed our way I guess it’s better to have two eyes lookin’ out than one…”

He felt like he was waiting for the moment he managed to fuck it all up, like he fucked everything up given enough time, and then the inevitable consequences. Something that probably involved more prison time or sleeping rough… He’d managed to avoid getting anxious the same way he had the day SHIELD brought him to the Brownstone, letting his powers screw him (and everyone around him) over. But there were times when he felt like he’d gotten close – and that mood was starting to creep up on him again now.

Jet had gone out of her way to swing him back onto night shifts, to give him a break from the daylight, the rush hour bustle, the peak of New York’s ambient noise. If he messed up somehow it might not just be him who caught shit for it; he was more worried about letting Jet down than anything weird happening to his own useless ass.

He jogged ahead and opened the reception door for her, a blast of January air ruffling the crazy spiked-up hair cut he always sported. A few more seconds consideration and he slipped the eyepatch into his pocket, retrieving fingerless black gloves in their stead. He zipped up his jacket too, giving a shiver that crescendoed with a tic – head snapping over to his right shoulder before he shook it off. Christ! At least he didn’t need to worry about ambient heat!

“What’s the craziest thing you guys ever dealt with on a regular stomp round the block?” He asked, curious if Overgrounders like X-Factor encountered the same kind of funny things the Alley and surrounding Morlock tunnels had seemingly attracted.
Dating Logan
played by:
Kris
X-Factor
“Well eye patches are proven to be pretty cool.” Jet smiled at Emilio as he spoke about thinking the eye patch was cool for Callisto. She could hear the tone in his voice as he spoke about it. She didn’t know how to fix it, but the blonde wanted to try. He continued about the patch being able to stop sparks but figured he’d need both eyes open if trouble was expected.

“Oh my dear Erg. Always expect trouble on patrol. Keeps you on your toes.” She spoke lightly, and with a slight chuckle in her voice. She gave her thanks as he held open the door for her. The chilling bite of the cold air made her move her hands into the pockets of her jacket, and the chill that Emilio was feeling could definitely be seen in his movements. It didn’t take the two long after they started walking down the street for him to ask her what the craziest thing they’ve dealt with.

Jet gave a quick exhale of her breath to think about that for a moment. “All sorts of things. On and off patrols. Of course we’ve had mole man ruin parties. We’ve dealt with power fueled riots. The end of the world. And of course the stray streaker… or eight.” The blonde gave a short laugh, “In Mutant Town, you never know what to expect. And each time you think you’ve seen it all, you’re always surprised with something new.”

She rolled her shoulders in a slight shrug, “All that aside, usually the night shift holds all the weird. One time, I was out on patrol and this rock mutant was just standing around, I assume waiting for his ride home, when this praying mantis mutant, who was stone drunk, started to pick a fight.”

Jet shook her head, “The praying mantis just kept shoving the rock guy. I had to step in and help with that. Turns out… the rock guy didn’t even know what had happened. He said he fell asleep waiting for his friends and didn’t wake up until the mantis guy was put in a cab to get home. I don’t know if he was just bullshitting me or what but after he left, I laughed for several minutes.”

The blonde moved her hands to fold her arms and chuckled, “One thing’s for sure, it’s never a dull night in Mutant Town.”
--------------------
**********user posted image**********
Single
played by:
Si
Erg
X-Factor
As Jet pondered his latest question, Erg pulled a cigarette carton from his jacket and sparked up. Asking permission, or just whether Jet minded, never even occurred to him – the motions involved were so ingrained that he did it without thinking.

He made a snorting noise when she brought up the Mole Man. He’d managed to miss out on the whole block party debacle the year prior, which became yet another thing to add to his own list of perceived shortcomings… But he’d heard things about the guy before that, after X-Factor found Will, Marshall and Holly down in the old city.

“The end of the world.”

“Oh! Sure. That was pretty weird for everyone though, right?” Erg laughed. “I got dumped on the Nebraska/Kansas border, I think, and ended up in some ass-of-nowhere town… “Red Cloud” or something? And it looked like a zombie movie set. I dunno how the fuck a place gets t’be a city when there’s only a thousand people livin’ there but… yeah.” He trailed off, remembering he was supposed to be listening to Jet, offering an apologetic smile as he kept his mouth occupied with smoking instead.

“And of course the stray streaker… or eight.” The blonde gave a short laugh.

“Wait… for real?!” Erg gawped, openly astonished. His first thought was ‘Hey free titty show’! before reconsidering that it could well end up being some codger waving his saggy old man balls around as they tried to drag him off the street. “Hm.” His initially excited expression dropped into a frown on consideration of the second possibility.

“In Mutant Town, you never know what to expect. And each time you think you’ve seen it all, you’re always surprised with something new.”

“Yeah… streakers’d be a new one one me, fo’ sure!”

Jet went on to describe a scuffle between a ‘rock mutant’ and a drunk praying mantis. But to Erg, that honestly sounded more like the average Morlock Friday night. He laughed, realising maybe his life over the last decade had likely forced him to raise the bar on what passed for ‘weird’.

“Turns out… the rock guy didn’t even know what had happened. He said he fell asleep waiting for his friends and didn’t wake up until the mantis guy was put in a cab to get home.”

“Ah, I dunno,” Erg speculated, still grinning, “Sunder could pretty much sleep through an earthquake when he was tired, an’ the dude wasn’t even made’ve stone. Least I don’t think he was…” He tied off that line of thought with a shrug. “An’ Thebe’ll tell ya he’s found me knocked out cold in plenty’ve weird places! Like places a cab wouldn’t even come to to get my stoned ass home.”

“I don’t know if he was just bullshitting me or what but after he left, I laughed for several minutes.”

“You’da thought he’d be telling everyone he should’a knocked the insect dude the fuck out, if he just wanted to front.” Erg pondered.

“One thing’s for sure, it’s never a dull night in Mutant Town.”

“Yeah, no shit, girl!” Erg laughed again, momentarily leaving his worries behind as they pounded the pavement.

“Back home I was always the ‘weird kid’. Like the beanpole who couldn’t stop his arms an’ face doin’ weird twitchy shit all the time or spazzing out on the floor all random. But then I come here an’… well… it was a fuckin’ headtrip. Still kinda is sometimes, y’know? Like, Thebe, Cess, Mads an’ Johnny I think I get. An’ you an’ Lorna… But then I got a boss now who used t’be a livin’ WMD?! Like what? Yana an’ Billy’re… mutant witches? I mean, c’mon, that’s totally extra! Then there’s Laura and Jumbo Jim, an they’re, like, hot; but that super scary kinda ‘I might help you dry the dishes or just sneeze an’ end up breakin’ your neck’ kinda hot!”

The thoughts poured out of him without any kind of brain-to-mouth filter, as per usual. He didn’t even realise what he was really saying until it had already been said. His face took on a look of pure mortification, left eye sparking momentarily in a literal glow of embarrassment. “OH MY GOD do NOT tell them I said that, Jet! They’ll kick my ass!”

Topic Options
Add Reply

skinned exclusively for XMR by evvie of caution, shine, & tumblr.

Our Discord

Affiliates & Directories

RPG-D
Top RP Sites Top RP SitesVote for X-Men: Revolution at Top Site List Planet
Shadowplay Topsites Marvel Topsites