WELCOME TO EARTH-740.

X-Men Revolution is an Earth-616 inspired advanced RPG. We are loosely inspired by canon comic and movies, but have our own history, original characters and plots.

Join us as an original character, or pick one from marvel canon!

x-men
REVOLUTION

Add Reply

Blurred Lines, [Tag: Returning Agents]
Very much single
played by:
Terry
SHIELD
Date: November 27th
Time: In the hours that followed on from All Along The Watchtower

It had been a total shit show, how else could a mission into Genosha have gone? Brian should have taken the route that some of the other SHIELD agents had taken when the orders came in and simply refused to go. Whether magneto had expected to get captured or not, he sure succeeded in making sure that SHIELD and the UN were shown in a negative light thanks to the return of the Sentinels, no doubt it was only a matter of hours until footage from Genosha wound up on the internet.

The headlines were already writing themselves "UN corruption confirmed as Sentinels take down SHIELD operatives." In a few short hours, all the good work that SHIELD had done since the end of Hodge's era had potentially been undone by simply doing as they were asked and protecting the people of Genosha.

Instead of interacting with his colleagues on the way back though, Brian had been deadly silent, there was no hiding the foul mood that he had been in for the entirety of the trip and thankfully they had left him alone too.

After hours of flight, the quinjet had come to a halt above the landing strip of the helicarrier in New York. The jet's thrusters powered up as it lowered onto the tarmac and came to a halt. Before the ramp of the jet could drop fully, a squad of tactical gear wearing SHIELD agents approached the ramp. "Agent Quake you are to come with us immediately." The lead SHIELD agent held out a pair Nullcuffs, "we trust you won't be needing these?"

Brian shook his head, "This is complete bullshit." Brian stood up as lightning crackled between his fingertips

"Agents you are to report to briefing room 3 for your debriefing." The Agents instructed, ignoring the obvious display of defiance from Union Jack.

"Fury will want to hear how amazing our mission went no doubt." Brian said dryly as he bumped passed the other agents as he made his way off the quinjet.
No, I'm not sleeping with Nat
played by:
Crypt
SHIELD
Clint had seen a lot of shit, been a part of a lot of shit - and this shit stank more than usual. The shitshow that he'd just been a part of, well - he had to hand it to Magneto. He played SHIELD like a fiddle, successfully undermining anything they'd worked towards, and offering himself up as a type of martyr. After all, even those who hate Magneto would be hard pressed to say he deserved to be imprisoned. And Sentinels?! How the hell could the higher ups miss that Genosha had Sentinals...

When the agents came to grab Daisy, he growled a bit. While he didn't know Daisy well, she'd taken the moral high ground. Yeah, he disobeyed orders. No denying that - BUT..she was also protecting people. Clint felt bad enough leaving Rage there.

He was still with Nat, though - who'd been hurt along the way. He'd made sure she was as patched up as she could be in the Quinjet. He hadn't been driving, so he could stay with her. Along the way, he grumbled out the final outcome on today's mission, trading barbs and banter with Black Widow. Well, as much as he was feeling up to banter considering he just wanted to punch someone in the face.

At least he had his apartment building income to fall back on.

Knowing that Natasha would be expected in the briefing, he offered to help her up. "Come on, let's get the Kangaroo Court in session. Faster we get whatever they're going to throw at us, faster we can get you to medical, faster we can go do some shots, eh?" He had to agree with Brian; this was all absolute bullshit.

He walked with Nat as the group headed towards Debrief#3, scowling at the fact that Daisy wasn't there. Muttering under his breath, he said, "You'd think they'd want her side of things...This is such bullshit." But he wasn't going to rock the boat. At least, not yet...

Winter Soldier
Agent Quake
Spitfire
Black widow
Dating Bucky Barnes
played by:
Lauren
SHIELD
Spitfire was out of it. Her head was pounding, and she was in a vile mood.

Brian had shocked her back awake on their return journey, and had filled her in on what had happened. Her response had been something along the lines of:

"Are you fucking shitting me?"

At which she had been profusely reassured no, there had been fucking sentinels.

Holy crap though, there were moments where she had a horrible thought that actually, maybe Magneto was right.

Dragging a hand through her blonde hair, she followed her brother, glaring as Quake was taken off. Hopefully the girl would give them hell, as this was some serious crap being pulled right now.

Catching her brother, she knew Bucky would be a beat behind her. She gave her sibling a small smile. "Heh. At least I got knocked out before the sentinels. Last time I saw one of those, I attacked it with C4. That was a painful landing, let me tell you..."

Really though, this whole sentinel thing was bothering her profusely. Spitfire had been in Genosha before, though years ago. Back then, she had spied on weapons, but sentinels... Though, really, should it be so shocking? The Purifiers had gotten sentinels, and those assholes had gotten a lot of null tech off Genosha so... Jacqueline pinched the bridge of her nose. Thinking like that, drawing potentially false dots together, would do no good.

"I am really not in the bloody mood for this meeting," she muttered, preferring the idea of a few still drinks in a pub, then probably just hiding in bed. Preferably with the dog, if she got in first to claim him before her brother. Looking around, it seemed no one was in the mood for the bloody meeting...

Actually, could it be called a meeting? She felt more like she was on her way to detention back in school. Pausing at the door, Jac shot both Brian and Bucky one of her 'looks'. The speedster could run her mouth off, usually at the worst moments, and this was likely going to be one of them...
single
played by:
Timid
SHIELD
Much like things affected by her powers, Daisy was shaking herself to pieces. Everything, literally everything in her was screaming for her to get back on the battlefield, to let loose, to destroy as many signs of violence against mutant kind as she could before she fell as yet another martyr. However she knew she couldn’t or rather she knew she wouldn’t. The X-Men had trained her too well, SHIELD had their grip too tight, hell even her upbringing made her wound too tight to completely lose control right now. They were withdrawing, en masse, as an organization, from a fight SHIELD should have never even let happen. What good were the watchers of the world if they allowed atrocities on their watch?

Needing to let some of it out in order to not explode, perhaps literally, Daisy rammed her fist into the nearest ramp strut. What happened next just made things much worse. The young Agent knew she had gone off book, had probably caused an international incident of some sort, had shot an unarmed man after receiving clear commands to withdraw. But this time, for the first time ever, Daisy just didn’t care.

“If you honestly think I’m going to let you near me with those fucking slave bands, you’d better just put a bullet in my head right now. You’ll save us all the time, cost, and drama of a court marshall. Go read my file, I always follow orders and call myself on going astray. Someone’s going to be explaining, in detail, how the hell Genosha got sentinels and is allowed to have them. Then we better be coming back to get all my people out of here.”

The vibrational queen unhooked her gauntlets and let them fall with a clang as she flexed her hands with a grin at the person holding the cuffs. There was a whole rumor mill devoted to why she wore those and if her powers came from them, were amplified by them, or were held in check by them. Most people sided with the last option. Next she drew out and dropped the knife in her boot and her two spare pistol clips. Then, as disarmed as she could be she laced her hands back behind her head.

“Hey, guys, figure out what the hell just happened and let me know. Also if you could sneak in something organic while I’m locked up, I’ll kiss you when I get out. Miss Jac, hope you’re alright and we meet later under better circumstances. Brian, make sure my parents hear I’m not dead. Yet.”

The Falsworths were import people in Quake’s life. Is seemed wherever she went, she’d turn a corner and be chatting with one. As always, Daisy held fond memories for her former teacher. Jac was a firebrand, like herself but also one of the nicest people around. Brian was her mentor and the person who showed her the ropes, especially the ropes you shouldn’t pull. Quake had crossed those lines today and she knew there would be hell to pay. Right now though, she was pissed off enough to be more then ready to pay it.
--------------------
user posted image
Fiat justitia ruat cælum.

Trey rocks my world and this Sig!
Strength, Speed, Longevity, Cybernetic Arm
In a relationship with Jac Falsworth
played by:
Heather
SHIELD
Actually, could it be called a meeting? She felt more like she was on her way to detention back in school. Pausing at the door, Jac shot both Brian and Bucky one of her 'looks'.

But, when Jac turned to look at Bucky, she would discover that Bucky was not there. Though he had stepped out of the quinjet when it had landed on the carrier, he had no intention of going to some goddamned debriefing meeting for what was a bullshit joke of a mission. He had been on missions before that were specifically directed to fail. Hell, even before he was a tool to change history, he was a soldier whose job was do the dirty work that his red, white and blue companion could not be seen doing.

They had sent a platoon of mutants to defend mutant oppressors against mutant reactionaries, knowing without a doubt that there were mutant killing sentinels on that damn forsaken mutant country.

This mission was never meant to be a success.

And, Bucky didn't like being played for a fool. Not as a young soldier. Not as a brainwashed killer.

And for goddamn sure not as a superhero... or whatever the hell he was trying to be right now.

Jac was probably going to be pissed at him for leaving her to be debriefed, but he had no intention of sitting in a room and being told he had done something wrong, when every last person on that quinjet was set up to fail by the powers that be.

Bucky was going to have words with those powers that be... once he found out who exactly those powers were, and what was the reason that they set them up.

But, he couldn't do it in a debriefing.

So, by the time Jac turned around to look for him, he was gone, in that way he had perfected over 70 years of ... being a ghost.
Classified
played by:
Trey
NPC
If she’d had the strength in her body to do so, Natasha would have disappeared the same instant Bucky himself had. As it was, being exploded and then shot was not conducive to ghosting out. Instead, she continued to limp forward with the rest, taking note when they were informed to report to room three. Daisy, however, was apparently being detained, and wasn’t taking it quietly.

“Give ‘em hell, Quake.” She muttered, limping forward and grimacing and leaning against Clint.

“Oh they’re going to hear her side, Clintock, if I have to scare you into scaring them into it.” She hissed as her arm moved the wrong way and she could feel her bullet wound start to bleed once more. “Normally I’d do it myself, but I was blown up today.”

They entered into the room, and Natasha didn’t waste time in taking a seat, her head looking back with her eyes closed, trying to ignore the throbbing ache in her body.

“I’m tired and I’m bleeding everywhere, so let’s get this over with.” She said, opening her eyes and looking around the room at the others that were there. She saw the same emotion on their faces that she was feeling. That alone was enough to fray what little patience she had left. Rarely was there a situation where the majority of her fellow agents were able to keep their emotions in check. Since she was just done with all of this, and she wanted this to be over fast so she could get some medical help, Natasha barely waited long enough to register who was going to be debriefing them before she stood, the pain in her leg ignored for the moment.

“This mission was doomed to fail from the start. Those bastards have fucking Sentinels! That would have been some pretty damn useful intel to have, you know, before we took the time to select half of SHIELD’s mutant agents to go on this mission. What happened out there was complete bullshit, and that’s just accounting for our own damn personnel!” She slammed her fists on the large conference desk they sat around as an emphasis to her point, and didn’t break eye contact even as she felt the blood from her reopened wound trickle down her arm and pool on the polished surface.
No, I'm not sleeping with Nat
played by:
Crypt
SHIELD
Clint was really feeling his age, and yes - he recognized that was ironic considering Bucky and Nat were both older than he. At least he didn't have anything in him to extend his life, unlike the other two. He was just....grizzled. He'd seen a lot of shit in his 25 years with SHIELD, but today definitely ranked up there as one of the worst. They'd been played, it was going to be a PR nightmare, and they would loose valuable morale in the group as well - and Clint honestly worried about Bucky and Nat. He was vaguely sure he could convince Nat to stay, and he hoped that Jac was enough to sooth the older soldier.

He didn't even know who was going to come in to debrief them. Fury? Yeah, that would be foolish.

And really? Hell of a debrief with Daisy in chains and Bucky MIA.

But they were here. And the upper levels were not.

Clint tried to mollify people, but he, too was furious. For him, it was the mutant he'd promised to help - now held in a Genoshaon prison...and the woman most important in his life, bleeding - shot by friendly fire....

"We followed all the rules set out to us. It was a shit show, yes...and we were played, absolutely. The big question here is - did the Agency know about the Sentinels. If they did? Why did they let us go in blind. If they did not? How the hell do we have a huge whole in our intel?" The words were quiet, but the intensity is there. "The UN is going to have to put sanctions against Genosha for crimes against humanity. They might not like mutants, but they're still human...." Of course, they were also ordered to fire on SHIELD agents, so he sure as shit assumed / hoped that THAT would be addressed.

To Brian, he asked "What could we have done differently, without going off script?" While he wasn't adverse to going off script, he just was trying to refocus the anger and bitterness that was welling up. "And what do we need to do to make sure that Daisy isn't put in a cage?" His voice tight, it was clear that wasn't an option in Clint's mind.

When Nat stood up, though? Clint rubbed a hand over his face and sighed softly. Yeah, Nat wasn't going to hold back - and she really shouldn't.... But he wasn't going to stop her. Taking a cloth from one of his pouches, he pressed it to Nat's re-opened wounds.

He directed his own question to the person leading the disbriefing. "From where I'm sitting...either we didn't know - and that's a problem...or we DID know, and someone sent Agents into that clusterfuck." His words were mild, still, but his body language was anything but...

Union Jack
Black widow
Spitfire
Winter Soldier
Agent Quake
Very much single
played by:
Terry
SHIELD
There was no hiding the fact that the agents were pissed off - Bucky had disappeared, Quake had been detained and everyone else was being summoned to be debriefed. Clint asked Brian what could have been done differently. Shrugging his shoulders, Brian had no idea in truth, “Stayed out of that shithole in the first place.” The Brit responded very matter of factly. “Daisy is going to have to deal with what she did on her own. I don’t disagree with what she did, but there are times and places for ignoring orders. Doing it on a high profile mission like this? Yeah, not one of those places.”

The agents all made their way into the briefing room, already in there was some of SHIELD’s top brass, though the director himself was missing. “Take a seat agents.” They were instructed before anyone was allowed to say anything, though Clint and Natasha were quick, to begin with, the accusations.

Listening the top brass allowed the pair to let off their steam before they spoke again. “Finished agents?” The agent in the centre of the top brass took charge in the questioning. “We had the suspicion that they were beginning to develop a new version of sentinels, but we were not aware that they were this far through with their programme.” It was a failing on SHIELDs part but there was nothing that can be done about it. “Our bigger priority was preventing the Brotherhood from being able to get their hands on the Sentinel technology.” There was more to it than that, but at present, there wasn’t any agent with a high enough rank to get a look into the redacted parts of this mission.

“Since their assault on the Fridge, we have been scouring the globe for Magneto and his new conspirator. Was there any sign of the woman we only know as Claudine on the battlefield in Genosha?” Elsewhere on the carrier, an emergency meeting between the council and Genosha’s leaders were being observed by the Director himself.
Dating Bucky Barnes
played by:
Lauren
SHIELD
Jacqueline sat down, after markedly dragging her chair into a new position. She still ached, but the dull pain didn't even come close to the feelings that kept sweeping through her mind, hurtling at several hundred miles an hour.

"I don't know about her," she shrugged as they were pressed about Claudine. Not that Jac actually knew anything about what had gone down, given that she had gone down in the literal sense. "I suppose you were too busy looking at sentinel blue prints to find her?"

All things considered, it wasn't even the most sarcastic thing she could have possibly said, but she wasn't on top form. Her blue eyes slid to the door. Bucky hadn't come in with them, which was not a huge surprise. This scenario that was unfolding like something out of a bad, office sitcom was not his cup of tea. Or, coffee, rather.

She rubbed her neck, irritated at the uppers who were staring at them. "You know, I'd buy the whole the Brotherhood were the bigger threat, if that were true. Sentinels hardly discriminate between mutants. They were made to kill us. Not you. The Brotherhood thrive off showing mutants how persecuted we are as a species. Sentinels are a very big part of that - like, twenty fucking feet tall big. Them being there, being pulled out into view - no matter what happened to the Brotherhood, it shows that Magneto is right. It justifies him. You try telling some kid with spines who gets the shit kicked out of him every damn day at school it doesn't, while you're up here in your comfy little Helicarrier."

Taking a breath, Jac closed her eyes. She felt as if she was dangerously teetering on an old ledge, one she had not been upon for some time. Would she ever turn back to the Brotherhood? It was less likely she would, but the feeling she could...that had never quite gone away. And when things like this happened, she was afraid it never quite would.

"Sentinels... We're an absolute fucking joke right now, you know that don't you? We look weak. We look stupid. It's just going to stir up anti-mutant hate with those who hate the Brotherhood and mutants, and on the other side of the fence, sympathy..."
Classified
played by:
Trey
NPC
“So you suspected they had sentinel tech of some stage and said ‘eh, it’s ok to send a bunch of the mutant agents, it’ll be fine.’ Falsworth’s right, it makes us look like chumps, but worse? It makes us look like we don’t care about our agents.” She wasn’t a mutant, she barely counted as part of a super soldier, but she didn’t have to be part of the enhanced lineup to care that they were put into unnecessary danger. These agents were the people she considered family nowadays. Though sentimentality wasn’t a trait she displayed in general, this was a different situation entirely.

“I didn’t see her either, I was pretty busy being shot and blown up.” Natasha said, finally sitting and glaring at the debriefing agent like a hawk. She wasn’t the highest level of Shield agent by any stretch of the imagination, though she was high enough that she’d convinced herself that there were few secrets this agency had that she didn’t know, so this pencil pusher standing there telling her things as if she was a rookie rubbed her the wrong way. Never before had she considered trying to actively make a go of climbing the ranks, but now...

“So, we went into a fight, got our asses handed to us, uncovered a secret sentinel program, and now there’s a woman we were supposed to be looking for in the midst of it all. What else did we manage not to accomplish today? Aside from not saving a country full of slave owners, that is.” Natasha looked at her bloody hands, grimacing as she shifted her weight in her seat. Still sore, she thought, still hurting. She looked over at Brian and Clint.

“Did you guys manage to see someone that might look like a Claudine?” She asked, all her sarcasm and malice for the debriefing agent gone as she spoke to them. “And is that really all we know about her?” She turned to look back at the agent across the table, “All this time SHIELD had been searching for her, and we only have a name?”

Clint Barton
Union Jack

Topic Options
Add Reply

skinned exclusively for XMR by evvie of caution, shine, & tumblr.

Our Discord

Affiliates & Directories

RPG-D
Top RP Sites Top RP SitesVote for X-Men: Revolution at Top Site List Planet
Shadowplay Topsites Marvel Topsites