WELCOME TO EARTH-740.

X-Men Revolution is an Earth-616 inspired advanced RPG. We are loosely inspired by canon comic and movies, but have our own history, original characters and plots.

Join us as an original character, or pick one from marvel canon!

x-men
REVOLUTION
Pages: (2) 1 2  ( Go to first unread post )
Add Reply

Time for a Kiki, Tag: Yana
none
played by:
Crypt
X-Men
Time: Late January

It seemed like forever since she'd seen her BFF. So much had happened to Kitty, and they hadn't really caught up. She'd left a few messages, but she knew the life of the teleporter wasn't exactly a steady one. She was as apt to teleport of to Egypt as she was to break into the Hellfire Club. Part of Kitty felt guilty; she'd moved back to New York, and expected to see Yana much more - but that hadn't happened. It wasn't as if she was avoiding her bestie. They both just had lives. It would be, Kitty thought, so much easier if they just lived together. Then she wouldn't have to "schedule" time with Yana. She could just talk with her.

And she needed - and wanted - to talk.

She'd texted both the address and pictures of Manny's apartment to Yana. She figured Yana could either port in or show up - depending on her whim at the moment. She'd already grabbed the wine, and had some food out. Manny knew she was using his apartment, but then - she'd taken to spending more and more time in the city. Especially with Bobby's cold shoulder act. The house was clean; Manny had a cleaning service, but Kitty had also straightened the room. She loved the floor to ceiling windows and could watch the world out side of it for hours. Heck, she had! Her Katana was here; she'd taken to carrying it about more and more since Chicago. Unlike Yana, she couldn't just pull a sword from thin air.

She'd asked to meet mid afternoon; that way, Manny knew when she was going to be about - but it wouldn't interfere with Kitty's teaching, or Yana's work. Whatever that was. She knew about the demon in Mutant town, and hoped it wasn't something out of Yana's past. So many things had changed in the last three months - and so much still the same.

When Yana arrived, Kitty greeted her with a hug. She was wearing ripped jeans and a shirt that slid off of her shoulder that declared she was "Sassy, Classy and a tad Badassy." Otherwise, she was barefoot. Kitty enjoyed no shoes when she could get away with it. "Hey you! I've missed you..." Leading her friend into the room, she heh'd. "Welcome to Manny's apartment. He's, ah, my boyfriend...."

Magik
sure
played by:
Timid
Magik
X-Factor
Illyana had a habit of stalking people she cared for. Not the movie style always present and menacing idea, nor the wanting to control their life or even be involved concept. No, she merely liked to know the places her friends and families frequented. To go places, she had to know of them, know about them, have at least a tiny connection to their essence. As the people in her life might need her at various points not of their choosing, she needs must know where she might need to be. Or perhaps that was just the logic the blonde used to justify her desire to snoop around places. She had visited the abode of Kitty’s newest boy 2 other times before, both when no one was home.

So when Kitty finally called her and invited her back into her life, while Illyana was well prepared. She had already decided that the emotion manipulator was not nearly good enough for her friend and with her recent change in viewpoint, well it was time to play the game a bit. Not that her friend would ever notice. So Illyana dressed herself in a devastating outfit, did her makeup and picked out some fun shoes. She had taken to living in and out of various places with various people, though mostly she simply between the moments now, doing as she wished to and needed to. She arrived in a rush, he face a wide grin, her body language friendly and projecting straight up interest. She stepped into the hug, her grin growing a fraction or two more as she immediately left her shoes behind her and joined Kitty as barefoot, the way she far preferred.

“Katya! It has been too long. I see you are settled for a night in, not out. That is different for us. Are was back to our days of cuddling and tickling and making fun of my brother?”

Illyana loved her Katherine Pryde, in more ways then she could comfortably name. The older woman had been there for her, had never judged her, had never demanded she be anything other then herself. In all the world there were only two people Magik would do anything for, Nuya was and ever would be first, Kitty was second.

“He is all flash, no class, a king of trying too hard and doing too little. Though if he has caught your eye there must be far more to him then I recall from his time at your school. Does he treat you well? Does Logan approve? Is he a skilled lover?”

Magik had had little filter when she was trying to be a hero, a family member, an apprentice. Now that she had turned away from those things she had even less tact, if such a thing was possible. Besides, Kitty knew her and would answer how and what she saw fit. For now though, the blonde held up a brown paper bag with a very different smile.

“I brought tacos.”

Illyana's outfit
--------------------
user posted image
All of the things we're taking
'Cause we are young and we're ashamed
Send us to perfect places
All of our heroes fading
Now I can't stand to be alone
Let's go to perfect places
none
played by:
Crypt
X-Men
Kitty loved Yana more than almost anyone in the world. If you were to ask her, Yana was one of the few people with whom she'd drop everything. Logan? He didn't need her, and if he did? It was because it was something only she would understand. Her Mom? Well, they were family and all, but nothing dramatic. Bobby? Bobby already had proven that he could live without her; that hurt like hell, but it was reality. Manny? They'd been dating for a little over a month. She wasn't about to say something so dramatic about that relationship yet - but Yana? Yana needed her. She needed someone in her corner, and Kitty would drop everything and everyone if Yana called her and asked for her. Of course, she never did...which made Kitty want to hold on that much tighter.

People didn't understand Yana. They called her a lot of thing - crazy being the top of the list, but Kitty had watched, and understood that Yana tried to emulate who she was with...which is why Kitty tried to be around her as much as possible. Better to emulate someone good than someone...not so much. And, she hadn't been around so much in the past month. Oh, they'd met a few times, chatted a few times - but Yana had been scarce for the past two weeks, and Kitty was nervous for the past two weeks...so today was an imperative.

It was interesting that Yana showed up in those clothes, but hey...

Laughing, Kitty hugged her friend back tightly. "It has been too long, and for that, I'm sorry - and we can go out tonight....but I want to catch up first...but we can go out, go dancing...hell, go drinking..." Kitty normally didn't use the word Hell. "And I'll always cuddle you, Yana....and shush! Piotr was kind enough to help me get a bed....though not in that way, so just stop!" Yana was forever making off color jokes about her brother and Kitty. It made Kitty blush, but it was their game.

Pulling her friend down onto the sofa, she had to laugh as Yana was Yana - rushing into the questions. And truthfully? Yana was probably the one person with whom she could trust talking about the real Manny. Maybe she'd even given Kitty some pointers on how to please him more. The truth was the truth and Yana was far more well versed in the art of physicality, but Kitty was trying to learn!

"Woah! Woah! Slow down..." The laugh was real, and Kitty flopped her legs over Yana as she leaned back to try and put everything in words. "He is....searching for something...he wants to make a name for himself. In many ways, I think you and He would get along than you and anyone from Xavier's would. You two sound a lot alike in somethings.." She thought of how they both not the bright and shiny heroes that Xavier's tended to produce.

"He treats me...honestly? Better than I've ever been treated. Ever. Anything I want? I get it...And he's honest with me...completely..." She paused as she admitted, "I, ah...showed him the part of me that I'm not so comfortable with. The true Shadowcat, and he didn't walk away, he didn't lecture me, or tell me to be good, or tell me to be something I wasn't...he just..." She shrugged. "Accepted me..." It was something she was afraid Bobby would never do.

As for who accepted things. "Bobby hasn't spoken to me in six weeks.." The pain in her voice was obvious. "Logan says it's my life, and I live it. He doesn't want to know the gory details, and he doesn't actively try and stop me...Sarah and Manny are friends, so that's a bit easier...otherwise..." She shrugged.

And tacos? Kitty grinned, grabbing at the bag. She wasn't as fast as Yana, but she could move - so in two shakes, water and plates were there and tacos were spread out between all.

"As for the whole...lover thing? Well, I, ah, haven't slept with him." She paused, and shrugged. It was Yana. "I've actually never slept with anyone. I mean, I know the whole biology of it, but considering Bobby was my only real boyfriend before Manny - and he isn't pushing. I kinda want to make sure that he wants to stay with me because of me, not because of sex..." She got a wicked grin as she confided, "But oh, the foreplay.....I honestly never knew there were so many places on a body that would make you feel like that...." Her eyes sparkled as she thought of the various things she and Manny had done.

"He invited me to this big party at the Hellfire Club. I, ah, think that I'm going to, well, have sex with him after the party....."

Magik
sure
played by:
Timid
Magik
X-Factor
It was good to be. This was Illyana’s exact thought as Kitty pulled her into the couch. It was good to be. To simply exist, partake, enjoy. No duties, no worries, no expectations. Magik had thrown off everything expected of her, had shed most everyone from her life as a serpent did its skin. Honestly, she felt great about it, this was the freedom she had sought. She had tried the way of Alex of Strange of Xavier and found them all flawed, not for her, incorrect. Now she walked alone, however it would seem some others refused to let her go. That was fine, she would deal with them on her terms.

“I am always happy to get you a bed, Katya, simply let me know when and where. I can even gift wrap it and myself however you request.”

Illyana kissed her friend’s cheek as she went on. Much like with Jess, Yana had deep feelings for the girl and had never bothered to sort friendly from romantic. She did listen to her friend and listen carefully however, something she did for very few. Kitty had summoned her here for a purpose, most likely a problem to be solved. Illyana knew her role and would fulfill it as she always did. She idly stroked her friend’s legs as she allowed her words to roll around in her head.

“My displeasure with the old wheeled man is well known. I do not wish to live in his world, though I acknowledge he has helped many a person. As for Emanuel, he seeks what he has never known, self-worth. It is what other expect me to be after as well, I am quite familiar.”

Illyana reached out a hand and plucked a bottle of brandy from a stepping disc that appeared at her fingertips. Sneak that she was, she had been quite happy with Empath’s supply of liquors.

“A man, when he is seeking a girl, is as honest as a lad caught with a magazine of erotic nature. If you like him, Katya, then you like him. However his is hollow inside and shall use you to fill that gap. He has wealth, means, wit, and charm. However what you must see is that he lacks friends or family. People with lack of both are dangerous.”

As she said dangerous, Magik’s eyes flashed gold to further push her point. She knew very well what she was talking about, the madness of Limbo had been one of utter aloneness and terror. She poured two inches of brandy into a glass and sipped before offering the glass to Kitty.

“As for the rest, I do not tell you what to do, beloved, I never have nor shall I start now. If you like him, be wary but feel free to do so. If you do not, let him go. If you like Robert Drake more, you shall have to act on that as he shall not make the leap required on his own. As for sex, please do not plan it. It shall never be as good as you imagine if you do.”

Yana plucked up a taco and started to feed it gently to her friend. SHe would discuss anything Kitty wanted to discuss, however talking of foreplay would simple challenge her to show her friend how much more there was to it. Illyana might have wanted that, did want it badly in fact, however she was here for her friend, not herself. Katherine needed no more confusion.
--------------------
user posted image
All of our heroes fading
none
played by:
Crypt
X-Men
There was something about Yana that was pinging Kitty's BFF radar, but she couldn't put her finger on it. In some ways, she wondered if she just hadn't spent time with her over the past few weeks; their conversations and their interactions had been through the digital - and thus she was out of date and rusty with the social cues needed to interpret Yana. It was a niggling thought, and one to pay attention to as they curled up together on the couch.

She dropped a kiss on Yana's cheek as she offered to get her a bed. "I know...it's...mmm..I wanted to do the grown up thing? Shop for a bed, pick it out, and Pete could carry it - so...besides, it was nice getting to spend some time with him. Haven't done that in a while....you and I? We need to adventure together...do something..ah, rash for me, normal for you.." She had to laugh, and mentally reminded herself to ask about the demon. Manny had fought a demon, and if they were coming for her friend, well..she wondered if Yana could make her a magic sword....

She sighed softly and touched Yana's back gently. She knew Yana and the Professor did not see eye to eye. She didn't know specifics, but there was something from Yana's past that was in direct opposition. X-Factor was a good place for her - to help her stay on the right path. Yana felt, like Manny, like someone who could fall to the dark side with just a subtle nudge. She just wanted to make sure that she was always there to bring her back to the light.

Frowning quietly, she offered, "He is no more hollow inside than you are, Yana. He..." She tried to put it into words. "The lure of darkness is pretty strong, I think. I know he could easily get hooked on his powers. There is a rush with it - but he doesn't. Go after the rush...." She paused, though, falling silent when Yana spoke about the fact he lacked friends and family. Yana was odd, and few understood her - but she had both. Manny didn't have family, but... "And he does have friends...Sarah....Jullian....Fia? There are a few others who are content around him...he's like you in that regard, only a few close people..." But it was still a comment that stuck with her.

Kitty took the brandy and sipped at it. She nodded as Yana gave her advice. That was the best thing about her; she was blunt and to the point. There was no guessing, and if what she said rang true to Kitty? That was the way she went. "I do like him. A lot...and I am being wary. Bobby? I got nothing, save I miss him." She shrugged - but the sex comment was smart, and so she nodded. "I've slept over a bunch of times...just no...all the way...Okay. Let what happen...happen....got it." She chuckled, blushing quietly.

"Which reminds me - in a weird, tangential, it involved leather and knives kinda things....Manny fought a demon down in Mutant town the other week. He didn't mention you there - but Wiccan was....everything okay there? Everything okay with you?" She made sure she could see Yana's face when she answered. It would NOT do for her friend to be hurting and Kitty too wrapped up in herself to notice.

Magik
sure
played by:
Timid
Magik
X-Factor
Yana twisted, arching her spine to full extension and kissed Kitty’s neck. A gesture so light, so gracefully done, with such little pressure that it was almost impossible to feel. Her hands slid up and into her friend’s hair, slipping through the locks that would be familiar to her no matter how much time they spent apart from each other. It was sad that Kitty would never see how many hearts she held in her hand, would never know how much her actions could alter the people around her. However, perhaps, like Longshot, that innocence, the immunity to her own charms were what allowed her to be Katherine Pryde.

“My love, I am not as Manuel, Manuel is not as I. We may have things in common, however that is far more like to simply be outsider bias. I was taken from all I knew as a child and still have not returned, not in the ways which truly count. Perhaps I never shall, perhaps I am not meant to. Manuel had spent his life attempting to convince everyone he is master of his own fate, whilst everyone around him rules him.”

How to get her to understand? How to let her see? Illyana was not against the Spanish man, she would go to bat for anyone Kitty wanted in her life, however she hated people seeing others without seeing them. This would be so much easier if the brunette loved her as she was loved. For a moment Magik pondered the spells she knew that could do so. Another moment brought the dismissal of the pondering thought, Kitty mattered too much to alter, a lesson Sarah had taught the young woman about Jess.

Unable to help herself, the conjurer wound herself more tightly around her friend and kissed the other side of her neck, just as gentle, just as controlled. She gave Kitty a soft sweet smile as her fingers left her hair and, with a tiny spell and flash of ruby light, left a perfect french braid behind.

“I am not here to criticize your choice of mate, however. You like and desire him, then that is your right. We are all well aware I have had an array of good and bad choices in that regard myself. I merely want you to be careful, Manuel is a predator, like your Logan. They can not forever ignore their instincts. Everyone wishes to make the scary beast into a pet, to mold and change and fill them with love. Far more people who do end up with missing limbs then happy companions.”

Illyana hands were at work again, this time running up the sides of her friend’s torso to sneak into her armpits as her fingers flashed to life in sudden shocking motion. She knew almost off of Kitty’s ticklish spots and for a moment Yana’s broken mind turned them into school kids again, merely cuddling and tickling and giggling on couches, in bed, and through walls. It felt good to lose herself like this, to not worry about the next moment. Perhaps turning her back on the people who had tried to help her for so long was what she should have done from the beginning?

“William and I are, pardon the pun e-Steange-d at the moment. We had a duel, for sport, for teaching. He did what he thought required to win. I returned such fury as he unleashed. At the end we both won and he has my respect. However he has now seen the real me, in so doing I have been cast to once again find myself. Now my affiliations are to individuals, not to groups, nor to ideals. This suits me far better.”
--------------------
user posted image
All of our heroes fading
none
played by:
Crypt
X-Men
Kitty and Yana were not difficult to understand as long as you understood this one fact: Yana was Kitty's best friend, and the love offered was unconditional. It didn't matter what Yana did, or how she acted. Kitty understood there was a part of her that was a little more jagged than everyone else. She understood because she'd been like that, and still sometimes felt like that. Yana''s trauma was different; Kitty wasn't one to compare - just to accept and love.

When Yana started shifting around her to cuddle, Kitty accommodated, shifting slightly on the couch so that her friend would be more comfortable. They'd spent too many years sharing a bed, telling each other secrets in the dead of night, or hugging each other when tears came. This was just..how it was. When Yana dropped feather light kisses on her neck? She smiled faintly; now, however, she had that link to the sensual act...but with Yana? It was just her physicality. Yana was touchy/feely with her, and she was okay with that. Kitty was a touchy/feely kinda person.

She started stroking Yana's hair back, offering a quiet smile. "Oh, darling...I know...I just...There are people who do not understand you - and they are wrong...there are people who don't understand Manny..." She hugged her tightly, her heart aching, knowing there was an innocence that had been stolen from Yana, and she wished she could help her - but she'd grown to accept the biggest way she could help was always having open arms for her. No matter what. Yana's unstable mind needed a rock, and Kitty was more than happy to be that rock. She didn't deny Yana's assessment of Manny though, only nodding. It was true...and knowing that Manny actually preferred a strong woman, a woman who controlled him? Did one actually talk about those things? It wasn't something she'd ever thought she'd be - but...she was, and it worked.

She wrapped an arm around Yana's shoulder, murmuring quietly, "I do see him, and while sometimes I worry I look at him too ideally, that's who I am, isn't it? Seeing the good in everyone - no matter what? In his case...right now? He makes me happy. I'm....practicing trying to be an adult. Living somewhere between all X-Man, all the time, and No X-Men at all. Do I think we'll get married and have kids? No, not really...but for right now? I'm content..."

She laughed when Yana French Braided her hair.

“I am not here to criticize your choice of mate, however. You like and desire him, then that is your right. We are all well aware I have had an array of good and bad choices in that regard myself. I merely want you to be careful, Manuel is a predator, like your Logan. They can not forever ignore their instincts. Everyone wishes to make the scary beast into a pet, to mold and change and fill them with love. Far more people who do end up with missing limbs then happy companions.”

She nodded, earnestly listening to Yana. Kitty had been trained to be a ninja, yes - and there was a darkness in her, sure - but Yana was spot on. She wasn't a predator. Not really. Not like Manny. Not like Logan. Not like Yana. She knew her boundaries with the last two and was learning with the first. Saying anything against that would just invite comments of protestation, so she just nodded - and then was tickled.

Kitty laughed, squirming and tickling Yana back just as hard. Where Yana struggled to reach back, Kitty never had that struggle. There was always that part of her that was eternally youthful, and hearing her friend laugh? it was the best thing in the world.

As the tickling died down and the cuddling resumed, she listened to her friend and heard between the lines. Dr. Strange, missing? A magick duel? And the real Yana? That worried Kitty, for she was aware of Yana's darker nature...and always tried to keep her friend with at least one foot in the light. And this duel had changed something in her.

Her affiliations were to individuals - not to groups or ideals.

She paused and asked quietly, "Are you leaving X-Factor?" She kept her voice carefully nuetral. If Yana was leaving X-Factor, then she would have to just...find an apartment somewhere to live with her friend. Keep her close. Keep her in the light. She walked a fine line...

She also really needed to talk to Billy and to see what the hell (pun intended) really had happened...

Magik
sure
played by:
Timid
Magik
X-Factor
“It is alright Katya, I do not understand most people either, would hardly be fair for them to expect understanding in return. They are not wrong, nor am I, we are simply different. Different can exist just fine, side by side.”

This self-taught truth, or at least what Yana believed to be true, filled much of the teleporters life and dictated many of her actions. Illyana rarely stuck around to see how what she did impacted others, almost never thought of how it could. No, she simply embraced everyone, treated everything with equal disregard, then moved on to the next adventure. The Russian had few interests outside herself or helping those she treasured deal with the immediate. It hurt to see people who were heroic, who cared deeply about those that shouldn’t matter to them, to be held to a standard she couldn’t understand. So she ran, she ran from everything that hurt her, the confused her, that could possibly change her for the better or for the worse. Inevitably she ran to Kitty or to Jess, two women that didn’t judge her, her crutches.

“I know next to nothing about being an adult, my friend. I am, perhaps even less useful in that aspect then Nuya would be. However, I understand Manny, just as I understand Daken. They are not complex or difficult and they share an outer nature much like my inner one. You are drawn to the dark Katya, even whilst you dance and rejoice in the light. It is what I love most about you. I merely worry that one day the dark shall catch up to you.”

This was as close to being honest and real and direct as Magik could get with her best friend. To tell more would break her heart, to reveal how much her own self relied on Kitty being Kitty would make Illyana far to vulnerable to bear.

“If you are happy, I am happy for you. If he treats you well, then he deserves my fondness. If he is to be yours and you his, then I support you as long as you are happy. This is what friends must do for each other. I am sure that several of the various people I have loved have not been what you wished for me, this did not make my feelings for them any less true or deep.”

Then her deep thoughts and arcane ways were interrupted by her old friend reversing her plan and Yana was lost in a sea of hands, fingers, and giggling. This was good, this was very good. This was, in so many ways what the blonde needed in her life. A place to be OK, a person around which to be herself. Though so many had offered her these things, had strived to provide Illyana with safe havens and lasting friendships, the conjurer seemed compelled to burn them all down with barely a thought. For all her talk of seeing people, Magik was quite blind.

As the subject went back to serious however, the teleporter reaching for her brandy and drank deeply, her eyes glowing gold as she spoke.

“William saw the madness and corruption that I embraced whilst I was in Limbo. He saw the part of me that lived there, that thrived there, that hated and killed and reduced things to cinders. He triggered what lies deep within me, usually under devout lock and key. X-Factor needs no madwomen in their ranks, requires no devils of nightmare to stand among them. Boss Alex has a house built on redemption and grace. I have failed his tests, distorted his message. I have no more place there, nor with Strange. Their paths, their noble heroic paths, they are not for my feet. I am tired of pretending, tired of trying to be what they demand of others, of trying to be light when light and I have had much to do with each other. Now, I walk alone, I find my own path. I can no longer imperil them with my presence.”

There was no anger or sadness in Illyan’s voice, no reflection of anything other then bone deep weariness. She had done her best to be as others told her heroes were, as good people were, and failed miserably. Her best was not even good, let alone good enough. As she spoke though, as she let go of the emotional burdens she had carried for years, the broken young woman felt better, felt lighter then she had in ages.

“In truth, Katya, I had never really joined X-Factor, not in the ways that count. Boss Alex and boss Lorna offered me a home to heal at, people to help me. I took what they offered and never gave of myself. I can not leave a group I never allowed myself to join.”
--------------------
user posted image
All of our heroes fading
none
played by:
Crypt
X-Men
The funny thing was, Kitty did understand most people. She understood the good. She understood the grey. She even understood the bad. Sadly, people tended to be pretty predictable when it came to actions. Those who were self involved / self centered looked out for themselves. Those who had difficult childhoods needed a little more love as adults. Those who were selfless needed to be cared for lest they forget themselves. It was, it seemed, love that she was a little behind on, but in this moment? That was okay. She was here, with her bestie, and life was good.

Yana earned a tight hug for the different comment. Here they were. Side by side. Both had been scared as youth, but both had walked different paths. Yana hadn't had a Logan. Perhaps that was part of Kitty's empathy. She realized that without Logan, she could have easily ended up like Yana - or Yukio. So, she'd try to be Yana's Logan, as much as she could, and as much as Yana would let her. Make sure she always had a light to follow home. Kitty would always offer her that home.

"You know more about being an adult that half the adult out there....Daken?" She paused as Yana voiced her worries. She was going to tell her about Chicago, and she knew Yana would never judge her - and yet - she didn't want to put more on her dear friend. So, instead, she offered, "Well, it hadn't yet - no matter how hard it tries. I still love dancing, and still choose life." She knew Yana would never hold it against her, this choice - just like she didn't hold it against Logan that he would kill if needed.

She did add, quietly, "And my light will always offer you a path home..." It was silly, and metaphoric, but a part of her thought that maybe Yana needed to hear that.

“If you are happy, I am happy for you. If he treats you well, then he deserves my fondness. If he is to be yours and you his, then I support you as long as you are happy. This is what friends must do for each other. I am sure that several of the various people I have loved have not been what you wished for me, this did not make my feelings for them any less true or deep.”

She chuckled. "He does treat me well...and he does make me happy...it's..weird being the dominant in the relationship, but..that is what makes him happy...so.." She shrugged. "As Logan said when I told him, these are our choices to live with...and feelings are feelings. I really like him...so...thanks..." The words were earnest. She didn't think she could take Yana not talking to her like Bobby hadn't. "Bobby hasn't talked to me, really at all, since I started dating him. " There was a quiet sigh.

When the conversation shifted, and Yana's eyes burned gold, Kitty quietly worried. She knew bad things had happened in Limbo - and when she meant bad things, it was kinda like saying Ogun messed with her head. Her arms held her friend so tightly as she shared. She remembered her madness; Yana hadn't recovered as well - but she'd also been gone a far longer time than Kitty had been. And her admitting some of that madness was slipping out? Oh, how Kitty worried.

"Then don't pretend anymore, Yana. But you don't walk alone. You know you have friend. You have Jet....you have me....you'll always have me..." She was more than a little concerned with Yana admitting she left Strange and she left X-Factor, but she wasn't about to try and convince her to stay. After all, she'd left the X-Men for three years finding her way.

She knew, too well, some of Yana's feelings - for weren't she feeling some of it herself? The lure of the Hellfire Club - to try and make things better for the world in shadows, since the light just didn't work? She wasn't a mutant terrorist like Eric; she wouldn't kill, let alone innocents, but when faced with people like Sloan, death seemed an easier way.

Her words quiet, she said "Then join Team Kitty. We'll get a place together. We can get a place in the city....we can figure things out, we can live...together...figure out our paths, together...." It was a good idea, a solid idea. Yana could port her to Xavier's if needed. She could drive to work. All of that. It would give her a place closer to Manny - if Yana wanted to live in the city. Truthfully? She'd go where Yana needed her. This just felt like that moment....the moment when Logan had come for her...again and again...and someone needed to come for Yana. And she'd be that someone.

Magik
sure
played by:
Timid
Magik
X-Factor
“My home Katya, my home has been too many things, too many places, far too often. Some have been taken from me, some should never be called home, others I was incapable of accepting. No, my friend, my love, if home I indeed have, it has not been found.”

Yana’s words were toneless, filled with meaning but not emotion, spoken from a young woman who had made up her mind and set her goals in cement. It was a different side to the ever flighty, ever whimsical teleporter. Magik had made a decision to walk away from what she knew, to push herself in a new direction. She had no idea where she was going, however she at least had momentum.

“Robert Drake sees only Manuel Alfonso Rodrigo de la Roche when he looks at you now. A man who stands for everything he hates in this life. He can no more seek comfort from or to you then he could seek passion with your lover. Not all people can be compatible no matter how hard we may wish it.”

As Yana talked, as she told her side of a tale, that for her led her to freedom, she felt Kitty hold her tighter, could all but feel the concern her friend had as a tangible thing. As with most of the truly mad, the blonde mutant could not see her own madness, was clueless as to the insanity which burned in her gold tinged eyes. She had not misspoke the many times she told others she had never truly left Limbo, her mind still sought to apply the laws of that realm to Earth.

“You offer me the one thing I could never accept from you. You offer it freely and make me yearn to allow it. It is not to be Katya, it is but a dream. Taking you from your friends, from your family merely to bolster myself? No, that is what was done to me and it was terrible and brutal. You, like I did as a child, would not see it as such, at first, and that is the most tragic part. When you did come to see, when you were a part of the horror it is to live under the thrall of another, you would hate me only a sliver more then you would hate yourself.”

Illyana Nikolaevna Alexandria Rasputina paused and let her words ring in the air. Kitty offered her something that shook her to the marrow, that caused her soul to shiver. If the dangerous, insane, twisted conjurer had any good qualities, they were perhaps the simple facts that she would do nothing within her power to destroy Nuya or Katherine. Very little else was taboo.

“Do not doubt beloved, it would seem so simple, so easy. We would be together all the time. Looking after each other, sharing everything. However you are light and love and service. All I know is how to take. We would be bound by my will, dancing to drums only I could hear and those drums beat darkly. Eventually you would either join me in my darkness or resent me so deeply you would be enthralled to your own. I can not, will not, shall not, have that. I refuse to even tempt such a thing.”

Unable to help herself, Illyana pulled Kitty to her and kissed her, for the first time, not as a friend or a sister, but as a lover, as perhaps even Manny could not. If, as the conjurer feared, this meant the end of their time together, she owed it to her friend to show her true thoughts.

Magik pulled back only a fraction, just enough so that Kitty would have a chance to listen to her words, not her passion.

“I love you Katherine Anne Pryde, I ever have and ever will. However my path must be my own. To walk any other is simply folly for now. Perhaps it shall lead back to you, perhaps it leads to places yet undreamt. Regardless it is mine own.”
--------------------
user posted image
All of our heroes fading
none
played by:
Crypt
X-Men
“My home Katya, my home has been too many things, too many places, far too often. Some have been taken from me, some should never be called home, others I was incapable of accepting. No, my friend, my love, if home I indeed have, it has not been found.”

She had to admit, internally, that the words hurt. There was a solace, a comfort in the familiar, and the safe. Yana, Logan, Bobby, Her Dad. These were all places and people she could think of as home. She'd hoped to be that for Yana, and yet hearing Yana's reply? Kitty chose to believe that perhaps Yana was thinking more literally, and less metaphorically, and that was were the answer came from. She knew how much she meant to the blond, but it was never enough - no matter how much Kitty desperately wanted it to be.

And then Yana pierced her heart again.

"Why couldn't you..." She tried to interrupt her friend. After all, this was easy for Kitty. She could live in the city, and still be a part of Xavier's. Heck, she was practically doing that now! And Bobby wasn't talking with her, so it would make life a bit easier that way..."You ARE my friend...my BEST friend..." And Yana kept, firmly, going.

"Yana...you are my family..." The words were weaker as Katya's heart broke a bit. She knew Yana would never walk away from here, so why did it feel like she was? She didn't agree with what Yana was saying; living with someone was just that - sharing space...and they'd shared space before. Yes, a part of Kitty wanted to depserately save her friend - and she did it in the only way she really knew how. Unconditional love. This was the one person, had she asked, that she'd leave everyone and everything for - because Kitty felt like Yana needed her more than anyone else needed her. Logan was self sufficient. Bobby? Well..he was doing fine on his own and Manny? Well..Manny could find another woman.

And yet..

Her eyes glistened as Yana reminded Kitty of what she truly thought of herself. How could she get Yana to see that she did more than take? That Yana gave, she just didn't understand that she was giving...all the times Yana literally came to her side when she was needed. How could she get Yana to see that she loved her so much, that she was enough to hold Yana's darkness back? If she didn't dance to Manny's darkness, why would she dance to Yana's...and as quickly as that thought popped into her head, she quickly threw that away - for hadn't she started down that quiet slipperly slope?

But before Kitty could put any of that into verbalized thought, Yana kissed her.

For as worldly as Kitty was with politics and information, in the realm of love, she was an innocent. Her sum total of true experiences were between the two men who fought. One was a childish exploration, another a more mature exploration. She had never been kissed by a woman, and never, really, been kissed by someone with feelings as deep for her as Yana held.

At first, her brain skipped the tracks. She knew she was being kissed, but it came so unexpectedly that she reacted with instinct, not with any sort of thought. She accepted the kiss, but was still processing what happened when Yana pulled away.

It was still processing the kiss when Yana dropped her next bombshell, and Kitty finally understood that Yana's emotions were not platonic. And Kitty was not prepared. How do you respond to that? She was really and truly afraid anything she said would drive the blond away - and she knew Yana needed her. Did she forsake everyone and everything else to be what Yana needed - something she wasn't, to potentially save the young woman? And would that be anything less than what Yana was afraid of a moment ago?

She knew that Yana could teleport away at but a though, and there wasn't anything Kitty could do about it, but it didn't stop her from, at least subconsciously, trying. Arms around Yana, she whispered, "Why does it feel like you're trying to say good bye?" Yes, she realized Yana just declared her love for and to her - but the way she did it? It felt like a good bye, and Kitty wasn't ready for that. Kitty would fight that, would fight for Yana, and her soul, like no other person would...not even her gentle brother - who just didn't understand what it was like when your soul was rent apart.

"Please tell me this isn't a good bye...."

She'd brought Yana here to catch up, so talk about Manny, and her Dad, and Bobby, and to find out what was going on in the Blond's life...to take in the town...she refused to allow this to be a good bye of any sort....

Magik
sure
played by:
Timid
Magik
X-Factor
“The best friend of Kitty Pryde I shall remain. That is no heavy burden, no costly price. You see this as goodbye for you no longer see as children do. Nuya knows when I leave it is ever to come back. Perhaps you shall learn from him.”

Just like that, Yana threw the mental switch that allowed her to function, slid her emotional and mental armor right back into place to keep her heart wild and unknown. As ever, Illyana allowed others in so far, then no further. It was how she lived, how she functioned in a realm filled with beings that might actually be bothered to like her if she dared allowed them to.

“Please stop looking inside yourself for faults, Katya, the ones that are there are you and are never the cause of issues between us. I must, by all that is true must, walk my own path. That path however shall always lead back to you so long as I draw breath.”

The blonde kissed the brunette again, this time on the cheek, like a friend, like a returning companion and shoved a taco in Kitty’s mouth, much as if they were still children.

“I have never allowed you to make decisions for me, I shall not start now. Regardless of how you feel or think, I shall not allow you to damn yourself, even if it is for my sake. When I returned you saw not a monster screaming at a world that she had lost, you saw only me. For that I can not allow you to be lost.”

The mad young woman held out a hand to her friend, her beloved, her anchor, her crutch. The hand was coated in a silvery liquid like metal of unknown origin which flashed in the light of the room.

“As I have told so many, I walk in both worlds, though Strange has taught me to be proud to call this one my home. It is the same with me and you, wherever I wander, part of me is always with you.”

As she finished speaking the metal upon her hand flared bright gold, blindingly bright and lighting up to entire living quarters of Kitty’s lover. When Kitty could see again there was a locket in that bare hand, a silver locket in the shape of a heart which seemed to have no opening.
--------------------
user posted image
All of our heroes fading
none
played by:
Crypt
X-Men
And as much as Kitty worried about Yana, she also had to remember that she'd just gone and done the exact. same. thing. She'd left everything behind for almost three years, trying to figure out who she was, where she belonged, and what path she needed to take. Of course, she kept in contact with her friends, and she was a lot more mentally stable than Yana, but....

She offered a quiet smile and just nodded. "Okay, Yana..." She had to believe her...that she'd come back - but this felt different, and she didn't know why. What Yana needed, though, was her love and support - and she'd give that for eternity. Trying to break the mood a bit, she admitted, "I don't know your nephew at all, honestly..." She knew who he was, and a little bit about how he came to be, but that was it...and the whole age / time thing still hurt her head...

And when Yana offered her promise to come back, Kitty relaxed a bit. There was precious few things that were constant with the magik user - but always coming back to Kitty was one of them. Again, she nodded - for what else was she to do? Argue? That wouldn't be very nice....or realistic...and it would be incredibly arrogant of her to say she knew what Yana needed more than Yana did. She had to find her own answers, and figure out where she believed. Kitty believed in the goodness in Yana, and had to hold faith that the goodness would prevail...and if it did not? Well, Kitty was willing to step in and fight for her soul - whether Yana wanted her to or not.

And then a Taco was shoved in her mouth, and she had to start laughing again.

When Yana reached her hand out, unquestioningly, she held hers out to receive whatever Yana was giving her. When her hand turned into a silvery liquid? Didn't even bat an eye. Anything to do with Yana was strange and odd. That was the way of magic, and that was the way of Yana.

The blond's words touched Kitty, and she yearned to pull Yana into another hug - as if all the hugs in the world could somehow heal her friend, bring solace and piece to a mind shattered and broken, a soul who needed to be whole once again.... Instead, she accepted the locket, immediately putting it on. "It's lovely, Yana, and I will treasure it always.....and keep it safe...."

This all felt a little Harry Potter to Kitty; Yana was giving her a necklace, making comments about souls, but she'd learned long ago it was better to not ask. She would accept, protect and when Yana needed her to know something, then she would know it. Until then - she would treat Yana the same way she always did - as if she was the most normal person in the world.

Once the locket was on, and the pair settled again, she changed topics away from the serious talk they were having, onto something with a bit more levity...

"So...Manny is taking me to the Valentine's Day Ball at the Hellfire Club.... Any advice?"

Magik
sure
played by:
Timid
Magik
X-Factor
“Look at us two, just as serious as my brother when he begins to paint. When did this happen beloved? When did we forget how to laugh and smile and be free? I, of course know when that ended for me, however I never thought to see the day you followed in my footsteps. It is no matter, part of the path I walk now is to be free again.”

As ever, when Illyana spoke the word “free” it was so much more then just a word. “Free” was her obsession, her overriding goal, the very concept that fueled her to continue on. Limbo had enslaved her, broken her, destroyed and rebuilt her in their image. However the little girl's desire for freedom had proven too strong and she eventually slipped the yoke and came back. Xavier's school had sought to teach her, to mold her, to make her a better person. This too could not be allowed so she had fled from her brother’s new home, new family as well.

Which lead her to X-Factor, to Strange, to burning the bridges there as well. Her mad desire to be free, to make her own decisions, to not have to base her actions on who and what was around her, it made her flee, always. Now, well she had nowhere to run to, no place to be. To her it was delicious and in great irony gave her an aura of stability and control. The blonde was not these things, she teetered on a fence over an abyss, but she balanced well. For now.

“Nuya is the best nephew the world has ever seen. He is bright, obedient, good natured, and has a sense of justice which staggers me. He has no powers yet and that slows him not at all. He has my fearlessness, or rather how I was when I was younger, and the heart of Pytor Niklovitch. He is also quite introspective and quiet. Like our papa.”

Illyana positively beamed as she spoke of her nephew, her other rock in this world. Katherine Pryde was her best friend, her love, the axis of her world, however Nuya was her reason to exist. The conjurer would move heaven, earth, and the realms between for her nephew. She herself could never produce children, Limbo had seen to that, so Nuya was as close as she would ever come.

“That locket is the piece of me that is you, the piece of you that is me. While you wear it, I shall ever be only an anguished cry away. Be careful, as it is of me it could be used against me. I… I… I do not, can not, shall not make myself vulnerable often. It is no longer within me to risk myself. However you have earned this Katya, you have ever been there for me without asking anything in return. This is all I can do to repay that debt.”

Fear, plain naked fear filled Yana’s face now as she closed her hand over her friend’s. She walked dangerous roads of madness and magic now, of what is and is yet to come. She dare not take Kitty with her, but leaving a door ever open? Giving someone, anyone, a way to strike at her if they so choose? These were actions that lead to instant death in Limbo. If indeed the lessons we learn as children we never forget, then Yana had learned that no one could be trusted completely. Today, she sought to learn differently.

Not used to processing so many emotions so quickly and hating feeling afraid above all else, Illyana pulled Kitty close to her, relishing the comfort and the heat of it. Without thinking she nibbled her friend’s earlobe, her natural instincts slipping past her careful defense for a moment. When she saw what she was doing Illyana jerked away, her face heating up like a teenager.

“I am sorry. That is not my place. You have chosen Manuel Alfonso Rodrigo de la Roche and I seek not to disrupt that.”

A deep breath and a recentering followed. Illyana had been honest today, open, had let down her walls despite the terror that flooded her in doing so. She had been told time and again that this was the only road to happiness, that allowing others in would allow her to feel better, however all she felt was vulnerable and scared.

“As to your dance, perhaps you need ask yourself if having anything to do with something named Hellfire be a good choice? One of us has fought actual demons and devils before and they are not known for sharing their terms with good, upright people.”
--------------------
user posted image
All of our heroes fading
none
played by:
Crypt
X-Men
Kitty was fairly carefree most of the time, but that didn't mean she wasn't a serious person. She'd just always loved life - and having seriously awful things happen made her appreciate life more, and hold things just a little bit more tightly. It's why Bobby's cold war was killing her. It's why Chicago bothered her and it was why Yana was worrying her. Yes, she had to let her wander and find, but she was allowed to worry....

"I know how to laugh and smile, Yana....be free? Three year ago..." And that was when a lot of her innocence died. When your heroes fall from a pedastal....."But don't worry..I'll laugh enough for both of us, and I'm as free as I allow myself..." But not too free. To be too free would be to succumb to her inner darkness - something that was coming out far more than it probably should these days. Interesting thoughts to ruminate on with...no one. She really had no one she could talk to about it. Logan would give her a line about her choices, and she needed to live with those choices. No duh. Manny would tell her to embrace the dark side and Bobby? Well..he wasn't talking to her.

She had to offer, though. "Say the word, Yana, and I'll walk that path with you..." And yes, she knew Yana wouldn't ask - but she needed her friend to know that she'd drop anything and everything to help her. Period.

She thought she understood. Even now, sometimes at night, she'd think she felt Ogun's influence on her mind. They'd called him a demon. What he was was talented. Both she and Yana had their demons to fight...Kitty had just successfully broken free, while Yana hadn't thought she had - and as long as that was her thought... But she had to figure out who SHE was....just like Kitty had to run away to swing her pendulum. Oh, it made so much sense.

Impulsively, Kitty hugged Yana tightly.

Listening to Yana talk about Nuya brought a smile to the older girl's face. "Well, I'm going to have to go out of my way to make friends, then, won't I?" She often had wished she'd met Piotr and Yana's father, but she'd never been to Russian, and if she understood correctly, Russia was now an awkward thing. Small girl, no longer small, etc, etc.... The love for the young boy was obvious, and it filled Kitty's heart with Joy. It was good Yana had something pure in the world to love, and that held no strings.

She listened as Yana gave mystical instructions. It certainly sounded like Yana had put part of her soul in the locket - or part of her goodness, or something. While Kitty adored computers, and spoke advance mathematics with the best of them, a lot of times mystical arts went over her head. Regardless, the whole 'can be used against her' bit made her instinctively hold it closer, nodding solemnly. "Ever by my heart, Yana. Always." And she would. She would keep the locket close to her heart and protect it always.

"There is no debt between us. I love you; you are my best friend. There is no debt between us, ever..." And she wrapped her hand around her friends, dropping a light kiss on it. "I will prove you worthy of your trust." She would die before allowing someone to use it against Yana.

As Yana pulled close, Kitty reciprocated, holding her once again, stroking her hair. When Yana nibbled her ear lobe? She shivered lightly, and had no clue how to address this. It seemed that Yana's physicality had just gone a bit..farther...than normal. She knew she was feeling vulnerable, so she didn't bother addressing the action. What was the point? There wasn't - so she just cuddled with Yana and sought to lighten the mood.

[/i]“I am sorry. That is not my place. You have chosen Manuel Alfonso Rodrigo de la Roche and I seek not to disrupt that.”[/i]

"I know, Yana...it's okay. I, ah....know you aren't trying to break Manny and I up, and if this is what makes you feel safer, or closer....okay..." It still hadn't sunk in that Yana was sexually attracted to her; this was just a physical way Yana was showing her affection, right? To punctuate the words, Kitty dropped a soft kiss on the blond's forehead, and held her close.

“As to your dance, perhaps you need ask yourself if having anything to do with something named Hellfire be a good choice? One of us has fought actual demons and devils before and they are not known for sharing their terms with good, upright people.”

She had to chuckle, offering throatily, "And people keep forgetting - I choose to walk in the light, but I am not unacquainted with the night..."[/i]

Magik

Topic Options
Pages: (2) 1 2 
Add Reply

skinned exclusively for XMR by evvie of caution, shine, & tumblr.

Our Discord

Affiliates & Directories

RPG-D
Top RP Sites Top RP SitesVote for X-Men: Revolution at Top Site List Planet
Shadowplay Topsites Marvel Topsites