WELCOME TO EARTH-740.

X-Men Revolution is an Earth-616 inspired advanced RPG. We are loosely inspired by canon comic and movies, but have our own history, original characters and plots.

Join us as an original character, or pick one from marvel canon!

x-men
REVOLUTION

Add Reply

Aw, Coffee, No, @[Clint Barton]
Technically Single
played by:
Si
Others
May 5th 2015, a hot summer’s night nearing 12am (shortly following a ‘run in’ with SHIELD agent Speed

How she got away was anyone’s guess. Seriously.

Once Speed had ordered the Archer to drop the bow, it had all been a blur of snarky quips, flash bang arrow heads and wildly flung bolas. And Tommy was going to be pissed now.

Kate had a nasty suspicion. It seemed the only reason he’d let her get close enough to blindside him was because he’d gone and done his typical Tommy-esque thing - let the organ in his pants do the thinking for the organ in his damn skull for a moment…

And what was she supposed to do with that knowledge, if it turned out her friend was actually ‘into’ the Archer in some way now? Let it all play out as some precarious gender-swapped version of Louis Lane with Superman vs Clark Kent?! There was no way in HELL she could just tell him about the vigilantism. But keeping quiet? She couldn’t think of anything more awkward (maybe accepting one her sister’s invites to the Hellfire Club would be worse, because dear God no, but still…).

Beyond the repercussions for her inter-personal relationships, there was a much more important card out on the table now too. SHIELD had just tried to arrest the Archer! Dodging her NYPD colleagues while in costume was becoming second nature… And the Archer had done a stand-up job evading civilian pot-shots during the #killyourheroes campaign. But SHIELD?! They were an international behemoth with vast resources, everything from technology and intelligence to mutant agents like Speed being trained up and pumped into their ranks by Xavier’s! If anything, she was just lucky Tommy hadn’t been with another agent from M-Div when he found her.

Kate could feel a panicked knot pulling taut in her gut. She was a mindbogglingly determined soul, but not stupid enough to think she could blithely strategize her way out of this like it was just another showdown with Tombstone’s minions or Omega Red’s imported thugs.

Priority one was to find somewhere to hide out. Apparently Speed hadn’t been the only agent lurking in Hell’s Kitchen that night. The risk of being followed back to the Red Hook warehouse or the safety of her Greenwich home was terrifyingly high, so she had to divert until it was safe. Priority two was to seek out some intel of her own, start wrapping her mind around how to proceed, as quickly as possible.

Thankfully, there was one destination that could cater to both those pressing issues. And she might be able to get a decent iced coffee out of it too, if she was really lucky. Equal parts hope and anxiety drove her feet as she made her way over rooftops and through alleyways. She went as fast as she could, but also as quietly as was humanly possible. Kate would never, in a million years, outrun a speedster like Tommy. So she had to outsmart him. No amount of speed was going to help the boy if Kate a. knew he was coming and, b. didn’t want to be found. At least that’s what she told herself.

Finally she arrived at her destination: Clint’s. Rather than be conspicuously seen outside his building in full battle-rattle, the Archer vaulted her way from the roof, down the fire escape, to his window. She gave a coded knock on the glass with her braced knuckle – three, one, then nine in rapid succession – the area code for the Iowa city where he’d grown up.

She crouched in waiting, pale scarf still pulled up over her head from the rear and mouth from the front, forming a dual hood and mask. Her purple goggles only reflected the ambient lights of Hell’s Kitchen. It completely obscured the Archer’s identity, but if you knew who she was already, it was an instantly recognisable look.

Kate’s perception was half tuned to pick out any sign of life in the apartment, half focused on any sign of SHIELDies still out for an Archer arrest.

“C’mon, Barton… be in, be in, please be in…” She muttered, switching off the modulator on her choker to let her voice go back to its normal pitch.
No, I'm not sleeping with Nat
played by:
Crypt
SHIELD
Clint was home, giving his dog a bath.

Lucky had found something in his daily stroll. And by stroll, what was meant was the time he broke off of the lease and led the SHIELD agent through a merry chase through Hell's Kitchen. Some where along the way, Lucky found something, rolled in, and the stench was enough to turn this man's stomach. Thus, the dog was getting a bath.

Clint would rather be fighting the Brotherhood.

Lucky was in full shake down when Clint heard the coded knock on the window. Lucky seemed to grin, shaking out another time - this time managing to somehow get soap in Clint's hair. Great. It was time like this he regretted saving the stupid dog. The feeling out pass - but for now...

Staring at the dog, he commanded, "Stay." Miraculously, he did. At least, he sat long enough for Clint to slip out of his bathroom and head over to the window...the window used to allow in Kate, or allow him out if he decided to play hero. It was all fun and game until Fury said it wasn't.

He was wearing loose black sweatpants, and a T-Shirt that declared "Can't Sleep; Clowns will eat me.." over and over. The shirt was more damp than dry, and his right shoulder was soaked. The bubbles? Still on his head. When Kate knocked, it meant she needed something; no time to clean up!

“C’mon, Barton… be in, be in, please be in…”

Of course, he grabbed his bow on the way.

"I'm in..I'm in..." He sounded exasperated - but not at her. No, he was exasperated at the dog, and Kate just gave him a few moments reprieve. Unlocking his window, he let her in, eyebrow arching. "Well, It's been a long time since you've used this particular entrance. Come on in..." His bow was drawn, and he was scanning for anything that would worry his friend. He and Kate had a...unique..relationship. Several years ago, Clint had heard of an archer; He'd checked it out and met Kate. She was a cop, and she was a vigilante, and that was okay with Clint. In fact, there were some nights he came along, or met up with her - simply because he missed it, and it was nice to get out in the streets without anyone bossing you around.

Once sure she was secure, he closed the window and cautioned, "If you have to use the bathroom, use mine..."

Clint's apartment was small, but it served its purpose. It was a one bedroom, two bath apartment. The main room was the living room, but the kitchen was open to it and there was a small dining room-esque area overlooking Hell's Kitchen. It was bachelor chic; the furniture was more functional than fashionable and everything was comfortable.

Heading into the kitchen, he asked honestly, "Beer or Water and First Aid Kit or not?" Once he received his ordered, he brought the items back to Kate, sitting down on the couch, and motioning for her to join in a nearby chair.

"So....what's up?"

Kate Bishop
Technically Single
played by:
Si
Others
Kate sighed with relief when she saw Clint coming to the window, Lucky bouncing around behind him.

“I'm in… I'm in…”

“I can’t hear you, dummy!” Kate smirked as she pulled her scarf away from her mouth. But then she realised he wouldn’t hear her either and shook her head slightly with a smile. She hadn’t even gotten inside but already she could feel her jangling nerves starting to smooth back out.

Unlocking his window, he let her in, eyebrow arching. “Well, it's been a long time since you've used this particular entrance. Come on in…”

“It’s been a weird night just all across the board.” Kate admitted as she ducked in, gratefully hopping over the windowsill. She looked back to see the SHIELD agent taking a precautionary glance around the area outside. “It’s okay, I don’t think anyone followed me here.” She was trying to reassure herself more than him though really.

She paused to take in the state Clint was in, puling her scarf completely free and tossing it onto the couch. “…And why do you look like you’ve been practising entry for a wet t-shirt contest?” As if in answer Lucky ran up to greet her, rearing up to plant wet soapy paws on the front of her jacket.

“Ah. Bath time, huh?” She smiled at the mutt, partially gloved fingers ruffling the soggy fur of his shoulders before easing him off onto the floor.

“If you have to use the bathroom, use mine…”

“Duly noted.” Kate huffed a small laugh from her nose as she reached up and flicked away some of the shampoo foam sticking to Clint’s hair. The motion was a little awkward from how winded she felt - the last thing she needed was to go tumbling head over heels on a slippery suds-coated bathroom floor. And especially not when she was wearing boots with spring-loaded blades in the toes.

Heading into the kitchen, Clint asked honestly, “Beer or Water and First Aid Kit or not?”

“All of the above!” Kate replied, voice thick with fatigue, both physical and mental. “Although I’d rather take a coffee than a beer at this point to be honest. Hot, cold or anything in between…” She’d never been a big alcohol drinker like her sister, who was rarely seen without a martini or mojito in hand during the summer months. Kate had always been the resident caffeine hound of the Bishop family.

Once he received his ordered, he brought the items back to Kate, sitting down on the couch, and motioning for her to join in a nearby chair. She flopped onto the seat and instantly regretted it, wincing slightly as she pulled back up to reach for the water and rehydrate herself.

“So… what's up?”

“Your boss finally put an APB out on me tonight.” She sighed, reaching to release her collapsed compound from the magnetized locks on the back of her jacket. Setting the treasured bow gently on the coffee table, she eased her goggles from her head and unzipped her jacket before shrugging it off completely.

“Honestly, I think they used me as an evaluation session for ‘Agent Speed’ to check how he’s doing in the field. Like being hunted isn’t bad enough, they’ve gotta use my best friend’s brother-in-law! And I just made him look bad!” She sighed, rubbing her forehead with a palm.

“He kind’ve implied there were more agents in the area but I didn’t run into any one else. He might’ve been the only M-Div officer they tagged to come out for me. And he didn’t recognise me, before you ask.” She added with a wry smile, managed despite her anxiety warring with a waning energy.
No, I'm not sleeping with Nat
played by:
Crypt
SHIELD
Well, it had been a long time since any woman had climbed in or out of his window, but it was set up for a reason - and if something was coming for Kate, well, they'd be ready. She was a friend...more than a friend, really. Family. Enough that she knew way too many black-mailable things on him...but that didn't matter. Her coming in the window, though....

“…And why do you look like you’ve been practising entry for a wet t-shirt contest?”

With a jaunty grin, he quipped, "Would I win?" There was nothing romantic about the pair, but it wouldn't stop him from making inappropriate comments around her - especially if it made her laugh. She looked like she needed a laugh. "But, no...." And Lucky ran in to finish the narrative.

He headed into the kitchen to acquire all needed objects, popping in Kate's favorite brand of coffee into the Kuerig. Magical things, Kuerigs. When one lived alone, making a pop of coffee was just wasteful. This let him enjoy his coffee without all the waste...and have different flavors for the different people in his life.

Time for story time.

He sat across from her, his own bow within reach. It was just a hazard of his life; he grew up with a bow in his hand, and felt weird without one. There were also various other weapons throughout the house; just because he was known for a bow, didn't mean he didn't also use guns and knives. Bows were just his thing.

Clint shook his head. "This is my area. I'm fairly confident I'd know if there were others about. Well, unless Nat is planning on dropping by." He and Nat were incredibly close. Many assumed (erroneously) that they were intimate. The truth was, he'd recruited her from the Russians, and she was hands down, his best friend. Frowning slightly, he offered, "Do you need me to look into anything? I mean, I've always assumed Fury knew exactly what I was going, but I don't go up and shake his hand and confront him about it. The whole better to ask forgiveness thing..."

Pulling the first aid kit out, he indicated that she should take off at least the top layer of armor. "Let me see where you're hurt." Jack of all trades. Clint was a half decent medic, more out of experience than anything else. He wanted to make sure that she didn't have any injuries that would require hospitalization. Once she was ready, he started checking her over,and applying first aid where needed.

"So, he didn't get your face, I'm guessing, as you're hear. Why now? Have you done anything super high profile?" Sure, Vigilantes were frowned on, but really - in the grand scheme of things, he and Kate did more good than anything else, and they helped the local PD. They never jeopardized a case; both were too invested into law enforcement to do that. "Any reason to believe he'll keep coming?" Clint wondered quietly if he was going to have to pull some strings to keep Kate safe. She was family; of course he would do anything for her - including talking to Fury.

Kate Bishop
“He kind’ve implied there were more agents in the area but I didn’t run into any one else. He might’ve been the only M-Div officer they tagged to come out for me. And he didn’t recognise me, before you ask.” She added with a wry smile, managed despite her anxiety warring with a waning energy.[/QUOTE]
Technically Single
played by:
Si
Others
“This is my area. I'm fairly confident I'd know if there were others about. Well, unless Nat is planning on dropping by.”

“Oh god!” Kate moaned dramatically, throwing her hands up then bringing them down to catch her head at the thought of Black Widow coming for her. Hopefully sending a rookie like Tommy out was a sign that SHIELD wasn’t prioritizing her enough to merit a pro like Natasha tagging along.

“Do you need me to look into anything? I mean, I've always assumed Fury knew exactly what I was doing, but I don't go up and shake his hand and confront him about it. The whole better to ask forgiveness thing…”

She gave him a slightly despairing look, perhaps tinged with a hint of jealousy. As an organisation, SHIELD had never done anything but confuse her. Nothing in any of her experiences had really come together to form anything resembling a consistent ‘modus operandi’ in her mind, at least compared to NYPD. It probably had something to do with the much more diverse mutant staff rota, or the broader spectrum of politicians they had to answer to – conflicting interests and all that jazz… But if Officer Bishop’s captain had ever gotten so much as a wiff of what Kate did off-duty, she’d surely find herself suspended so fast it’d make her head spin.

Pulling the first aid kit out, he indicated that she should take off at least the top layer of armour. “Let me see where you're hurt.”

“It’s just that bad spot on my side again.” Kate winced.

“So, he didn't get your face, I'm guessing, as you're hear.”

“D’uh! If Tommy hit me in the face, I think I’d be a headless corpse right now.” Kate joked. It was the kind of sass that had been reserved purely for banter with her sister before she met Barton.

Having already divested herself of jacket it was easy enough to hitch up her vest, revealing a small scar she’d gotten almost a year ago, just underneath a right rib. A hard night of superheroing had been going relatively well: she had all but one perp incapacitated and the last guy standing she'd tricked with a boomerang tip – that satisfying moment where he clearly thought she'd missed, only to have the arrow sail round in an arc and slam into the meat of his shoulder, making him drop his gun. Except it was only satisfying up to the point where he yanked it out and held onto it just long enough to use it as a stabbing weapon when she got too close. The armour in her jacket had stopped it from being too serious, but she still ended up practically crawling home. Her old flatmate Cassie had patched her up with mercifully few questions… But the area had been a minor weak-spot ever since. And bringing the incident up with Clint was still a sore spot because she despised anything that made her seem less competent than him.

There were already signs of a wicked fresh bruise in development, skin dark and angry-looking just beneath the old puncture mark. She choked back any urge to hiss as he checked it. She knew what broken ribs felt like, this didn’t feel the same, thank god.

“Why now? Have you done anything super high profile?”

“Lately…?” Kate smirked, thinking back to less recent incidents with Namor and Omega Red… “Umm… Let’s see… Well I crashed a quayside sting operation on the Maggia that a mutant-girl dressed like Daredevil was running. Almost got TK’d through a wall because she wouldn’t believe I was on ‘Team Good Guy’ until that X-Boy, Iceman, showed up… Secured custody of three serial muggers in Hell’s Kitchen with Chrysalis, sweet kid but he probably had to tell Xavier’s all about why he got home so late. Dunno how someone like Scott or Jean would take that… Aaannnd… Oh, there was the robbery in the Diamond Distract with a bat-boy and a spider-man the cops needed saving from… Like not ‘Spider-Man’ or ‘Batman’; like a literal giant mutant man-spider and a guy with bat wings.” Which had sort of also secretly involved her best friend, who happened to be a Skrull… Because seriously – this was her regular life now, this crazy mix of gangsters, aliens, super-tech and genetics-gone-wild.

“I guess maaaaybe that was enough for SHIELD to let Mr White-Haired-Whippet-Boy out’ve his racing trap to come get me…?”

“Any reason to believe he'll keep coming?”

“I dunno.” She shrugged her mouth, honestly unsure. “I mean, no offence to Tommy but he’s got the attention span of a hummingbird with ADHD. I’m just worried Fury or Hill are gonna get a bee in their bonnet about not chalking up a nice straightforward arrest success…” She looked to Clint because that was where his field of expertise was supposed to come into play.

“As long as they really don’t send Nat it’ll be okay… right? But it’s kinda scary.” She admitted.

Topic Options
Add Reply

skinned exclusively for XMR by evvie of caution, shine, & tumblr.

Our Discord

Affiliates & Directories

RPG-D
Top RP Sites Top RP SitesVote for X-Men: Revolution at Top Site List Planet
Shadowplay Topsites Marvel Topsites