WELCOME TO EARTH-740.

X-Men Revolution is an Earth-616 inspired advanced RPG. We are loosely inspired by canon comic and movies, but have our own history, original characters and plots.

Join us as an original character, or pick one from marvel canon!

x-men
REVOLUTION

Add Reply

A time for change, Dani, Kitty, others by request.
dating Jet
played by:
Timid
Logan
X-Men
The afternoon Dani Moonstar left for X-Factor

The man known as Logan had few friends, few people he called comrade, fewer still he trusted ad respected and treated as equals. Today though, on the eve of a fellow warrior departing, he had at least two. The old man sat in a clearing deep in what he thought of Rahne’s woods with a lady on either side of him. One had come to him as a teen, had been molded and rewritten into a ninja, had grown to become a woman capable of holding her own and changing the fates of those who knew her. The other was a warrior born, a kindred soul to Logan, full of spite and anger which had been honed to razor sharpness and given purpose over her time at the school. Both women were what Logan considered the best, the elite, one his daughter, the other the daughter of an old friend. He was proud of them, proud of their paths and decisions, was supportive of who they were becoming. So this after noon they made a fire and discussed the next step.

Which of course meant beer. Logan had picked up a keg somewhere and tapped it, placing it well away from the flames and handing out chipped and ugly mugs to all who wanted one. Danielle Moonstar, a proud, powerful, prickly Cheyenne warrior who was taking her place in the “modern” world. Katherine Pryde, the daughter of his heart, the living weapon proving she could be so much more. The old old man actually smiled at them, beamed really, as he told a tale of his early time at the house of X.

“So, swear to God, Scott comes in when I’m shucking out of the uniform and grinning at Jean and blasts me right out of the room and into the boathouse. I didn’t even know we had a flaming boathouse! Didn’t say a single word, just opened fire. I was 6 days in here and figuring that maybe Chuck had found someone who could take me out and this whole thing was just a gas on his part.”

Scott Summers was the flip side of the coin that was Logan, was the hero to his antihero, the authority to his rebellion. They had clashed from the moment the former Weapon X had walked in the door pushing Xavier’s chair. They always would, but they still held respect for each other, for walking the path the other could not trod.

‘So anyway, I’m crawling out of the wreckage of this schooner thing, claws out, blood pumped, ready to kill anything that moved. Well it turns out he blasted me over a quarter mile and promptly decided to chat up Jean instead of follow his attack up. Learned me a few things that day.”
--------------------
user posted image
Trey is hero.
Single
played by:
shadowkate
X-Factor
Growing up, there were few people that Dani could call kindred souls. People who really understood her. Less that even wanted to once her parents died, once she was being raised by Black Eagle. By the time she came to Xavier's, she was used to being alone. Used to pushing everyone else away. Rahne broke through that, but the Scot wasn't in New York. So the first one that seemed to understand her was the old man sitting next to her while they shared beers and a fire.

Kitty and her took a bit longer to come around to each other. They weren't in the same class and Dani didn't open up easily. Whatever magic Logan had worked, connecting the two of them, well, Kitty was a friend and up until tonight, a teammate.

She was laughing as Logan finished his story. It was a very Logan and Scott story. The two never really seeming to get along but now at least able to work together. Dani knew as well as any that you didn't always have to like the people you worked with, but you had to have some respect for them.

"Oh, what did you learn besides that Cyclops is a jackass?" She took a swig of the beer, pushing another twig into the fire. Enjoying the warmth and the people she was with. Rahne woudln't have quiet fit in at this gathering. They had their own goodbyes earlier and Dani suspected the Scot would be there to see her off in the morning. Regardless of her saying she was fine.

Honestly, the past few months made her wonder a bit again why Logan stayed here. She loved the older mutant, but he had to feel many of the frustrations she did. The fact that everything felt just so reactive. They weren't making any progress in changing the world, and if they were going to do that, they had to start acting like it. "What happened when you finally showed back up to the mansion? Was he still there talking to her?"

Logan, Katherine Pryde

none
played by:
Crypt
X-Men
Kitty was friendly with everyone....literally, everyone. She gave people second and third and fourth chances because that was who she chose to be. Sure, she'd grown up more the team mascot, a good decade younger than most on the team, but she'd earned her stripes. Her trips to Japan took the cheerful, almost naively so, young woman and offered her the view of a different type of world - one much darker, and had given her the name she used now - Shadowcat. And yet, it hadn't dimmer her optimism.

People wondered why Kitty and Logan were family. Really, it didn't make sense.

Dani and Kitty? Well, that was easy. Kitty persevered. She had come to the mansion when there wasn't a legacy squad. When one was made, and they tried to put her on it? It hadn't stuck. She understood what it was like to be different, and to be prickly - after all, she dealt with Logan. So, when Dani arrived, she wore her down like a river over a pebble. They were friends. They were teammates. They shared an amusing connection through the grizzled old man.

And that connection was what had her here at the fire.

She sat quietly, listening to the pair reminisce. Oh, she'd heard, hell, she'd lived through so many Scott/ Jean stories. Scott was ever on a pedestal for her, the ultimate boy scout. She wanted to be like him, but really - she fell somewhere between him and Logan. The killer instincts of Logan. The heart of the Boy Scout. She smiled, listening to them, and remarked dryly, "And if I recall correctly, the Prof made you rebuild the boat house, too...." She shook her head, sipping her beer.

She'd come into town because Logan had asked. She was still working on her Master's thesis, but MIT wasn't too far away - and when your best friend was a teleporter? Well...anything was possible. It didn't make coming back any easier, though. It had been nearly three years since she'd left to try and figure herself out - and while she had a masters and another almost there, she wasn't any closer to being secure in her identity.

Still, Logan had called. Kitty had answered, though she was a bit worried what this was about.

Logan
dating Jet
played by:
Timid
Logan
X-Men
“Dani girl, I love ya, but if that's your takeaway from that piece, you ain't been paying attention.”

Logan never told stories without a purpose, rarely without a moral or advice. He was, after all, an incredibly old man who had loved through far too much and remembered too little. No, this story had a few lessons the Cheyenne would be well served to take with her.

“No little miss arrows, I learned why Scott is the boss round these parts. Why he's in charge still no matter how much I want to clean his clock.”

Logan poured himself another beer, his 5th so far and drained half of it with a long, loud pull. Then he smiled at the ladies with a face covered in foam. The keg was good stuff, very German, very thick, very rich.

“Nah, Scotty had me dead to rights. He could have hurt me bad, maybe permanently. At such close range he can't miss and even I'm no match. But all he did was blast me away for hitting on his girl. Precisely enough force to do what needed be done and not a jot more. Restraint is what makes people great leaders Dani. Restraint and the ability to look after the dreams of others.”

Logan didn't talk about change much, he was rough and set in his ways. Didn't much like the ideas of good students growing up and wandering off. But Miss Moonstar was heading for X-Factor, for Alex Summers, arguably the runt’s best South of the border friend. Alex was the best man Logan had ever met, a dreamer and mover and family man so good and devout that Logan had trouble believing it. So he spoke of one brother, while alluding to the other. Scott was everything Logan hated and refused to be. Alex was everything good that Logan could never be.

“Other thing there is simpler, I was in the wrong and Cyclops needed to make me see that in a way I'd remember. Violence is my first language, but violence is kinda hard when you’re way down the block, eh? By the time I got back, pissed to high heaven, he’d already sorted things out and hitting him back would have been and looked petty. Fucker knew me better then I knew me. Still does sometimes.”

Grinning at the old memory, Wolverine enjoyed violence and even enjoyed being proven wrong a little, the wild man finished his beer and looked over the two young ladies.

“So, punkin, why do I have to have a student move outta here to get you to visit?”
--------------------
user posted image
Trey is hero.
Single
played by:
shadowkate
X-Factor
Dani laughed. It was a freeing, mischief and happy laugh. It wasn't one that most people ever heard but Logan and Kitty had. She knew very well that Logan didn't tell stories without purpose, at least not usually. It didn't mean that she was going miss the small chance to needle at Scott.

Where Dani respected Scott as a field leader, and as a leader in general, he was the best example for why she was leaving. He was too...good. Too optimistic in many ways to really understand the world. She saw the darkness under it. How worse things had gotten and understood if they kept playing reactive, the world was going to crumble.

She was on her second beer, and mostly just sipping at it. She didn't have a healing factor but she did have tolerance for the stuff. Listening as he went on. Raising an eyebrow just slightly as he mentioned restraint. She wasn't going to turn her last night into some sort of fight. She wanted to enjoy this time. She had said her piece to Logan already.

She gave a little chuckle about the last part. "Sometimes he does know us all better than we know ourselves." She acknowledged. Not that it put him in the clear.

She glanced over at Kitty with a grin. "Yeah, why does it take me moving away to get a visit?" She teased. The situation with them so much different than when Dani first came. Thinking the other girl even a little haughty and stuck up since she didn't want to be placed on the younger training team. But that impression faded quickly. Kitty would never be her best friend, but she was a close third or fourth. She would want Kitty by her side in any fight.

But Kitty was doing the college thing, cause she was super smart. Smarter than Dani. Oh Dani had tried college but it hadn't worked out. It wasn't that the field was wrong either. Dani knew what she wanted to do...it was just that it was the same problem. It was fixing things after they had occured rather than trying to fix things before they happened.

Katherine Pryde
Logan
none
played by:
Crypt
X-Men
Kitty took a pull from her beer, smiling faintly as Logan lectured Dani. It was a position with which she was entirely too familiar. Logan telling some story with a moral. You had to guess the moral and pray you were correct, or else.... But she loved him like a father, and when he'd called, she'd returned. It was good to hear his voice. It was good to drink his beer. It was good to be back - for now.

“No little miss arrows, I learned why Scott is the boss round these parts. Why he's in charge still no matter how much I want to clean his clock.”

She snorted at this and waited to see what he'd say - and she wasn't disappointed. Scott was a man with whom Kitty held on a pedestal - a pedestal he'd fallen pretty hard from a few years ago. It had been the reason she'd taken a break, but she still admired him. She teased Logan "Shhh.. Don't say that too loud. You'll ruin your asshole image." Oh, she knew better, but she was one of the few who could actively tease the feral without getting hurt.

She didn't comment on who knew the old man better. THAT was a can of worms she wasn't ready to play in.

“So, punkin, why do I have to have a student move outta here to get you to visit?”

Dani was quick to follow up with her own question - but it was to Logan that she initially answered.

"Well, I figured someone had to hold your hand when you started crying, and I was the only one who'd survive when you'd get pissed off because someone saw you blubbering...." Her grin was wide and the words light. She and Logan were very close, and they both enjoyed needling each other.

But she'd answer his question.

With a shrug, she reminded him, "I needed...need...space to figure things out. If I'm coming back here every weekend, then I'm not giving myself space...to try and live like a normal person....to, you know, deal with what happened with the Hand and Scott and all that jazz..." She rolled her shoulders. "Besides, working on two Masters degrees in such a short time DOES take work. It's actually really kinda nice to be in a school setting. A formal one....where I'm not doing the teaching..."

Turning to Dani, she asked honestly, "So..X-Factor, eh? Why now? " She glanced between the two, asking cautiously, "Did something happen?" Oh, she understood Scott was the Boy Scout, Alex was...a good man, who was less a Boy Scout and more a very good cop. Good instincts, good man, and willing to do some of the rougher things. Kitty had a dark side; she knew this. Logan knew this. She was a ninja by not the nicest means - but it wasn't a side she embraced, or even liked. Yes, Kitty was a good person, and saw the good in every situation and even tried to help the bad guys.

That didn't mean she didn't respect other's decisions. She just knew herself. She was, however, curious about Dani's chosen path...

Logan
Mirage

dating Jet
played by:
Timid
Logan
X-Men
There were many reasons the old old man looked after Danielle Moonstar, she was the granddaughter of a man he considered a friend, her power set was entirely goofy, she had a problem with being told anything, and several others. But the main one and the thing that made them friends, well that was simpler, the girl was a fighter right down to her toes. Like Logan himself Mirage was as likely to fight her leader or her teammates as she was to punch a foe in the jaw. Though, also like the old Canadian, she’d always hit the enemy first.

As for Katherine Pryde, well that was a whole other thing. In basic terms, Kitty had a shit dad who’d sold her down the river once, so Logan stepped into the role, probably doing an even worse job. Most people wouldn’t think sitting around a campfire, taking potshots, teaching lessons, and drinking beer was a family event. Most people weren’t X-Men. No, Dani was off to join Lex’s team in the morning and the ancient brawler wanted to find his peace with the decision first.

“Nah kiddo, not gonna happen. Sometimes ya get a glimpse of the supposed hero underneath all that tarnish and grit. Sometimes I even seem friendly and housebroken. Hell once or twice I’ve even worn a suit and some cologne, but I never quite stop being me. Is why Chuck keep me around, when you have the most dangerous thing you can find in your living room, the world seem a little less scary.”

It was an old topic, a half joke among two rather old men. Charles had always played things close to the vest, but the man was scary levels of smart and played the long game better then anyone Logan had ever met. Xavier had told Logan many reasons for his recruitment to the team over the course of many years. The wild man’s senses of smell and hearing were sharp enough to tell when most folk were pulling his leg, Chuck was always cool and calm no matter what he said though.

“Well, Kitty or is it Katherine now? Please tell me it’s not Kate, that would just be awful, I understand needing your space, needing to get out of your head for a bit and see what’s what. But you and me, we’re old souls, even if you try to bury your’s in tech and books. Still think there’s way better ways you could be spending your time then trying to be “real” and forget the bad.”

When Logan needed to find himself he slipped away from Xavier’s without telling anyone, thought of course between the mindmuckers and the techgeeks it was known instantly that he was gone. But it was his nature to run towards, not away. He’d go for a walkabout, lose himself to his animal side for a while way up north. Or he’d go and empty himself out with cheap vile living in Madripoor. Or, more likely then both, he’d go off on a useless tangent trying to dig up something of his past. It felt odd to have Kitty anywhere but here, what he considered her home. Felt odd for the Cheyenne warrior to leave it to, even if she was going somewhere her attitude would probably be an asset. Bottom line, Logan wasn’t much for change.

“I’ll bet she’s got a crush on Lex, man always was too handsome and nice for his own good. Or it could be that open enrollment policy he has. ‘You want to be on X-Factor? Ok, you’re in.’ Or…. wait… is it Wanda’s cooking?”

Alex Summers was Logan’s best non soldier, non canadian friend. That put him in rare company and meant that somewhere in the blonde man lurked enough of a bastard the Wolverine could like him. But it also meant that he’d be looked after by the berserker. An odd position as Havok’s green haired wife could dismantle Logan in seconds.
--------------------
user posted image
Trey is hero.
Single
played by:
shadowkate
X-Factor
Dani grew up with tales that had morals or other teaching buried in them. The myths, the lore, all of it. There was always a deeper meaning. She had learned long ago that Logan was similar. But there were times, like now, when she pushed against the lessons too. Not wanting to always see or find a meaning. Though it would be odd for her if Logan didn't try to impress a few lessons before she left.

She only knew some of the story of Black Eagle and Logan. It just reminded her that no matter how the man LOOKED he was far from young. It was a story she wished her grandfather could have told. She gave a little chuckle with the way Logan emphasized wearing a suit. "Can't tame you Logan. Even in a suit and cologne." It was far from a bad thing that they couldn't. Dani wondered if she would be tamed one day. She doubted it though.

The reason Kitty left wasn't truly that different from Dani leaving. Just they went other places. Kitty was wicked smart, so much so than Dani could ever hope to be, and went to school. Dani wasn't smart but she was a fighter, a warrior, a scrapper...and so she went to a team that she thought would fit better. Like the two next to her, Dani was also an old soul. It was another connection point.

When Dani needed to find herself, until now, she went camping. Out into the woods for who knew how long. Weather be damned. Not away, but not towards either. Twice she had to be dragged back inside for her own good. She would miss the woods, but it wasn't like Kitty commuting from Massachusetts, Dani would be less than an hour away.

She rolled her eyes as Logan tried to guess. "Just...everything that has happened. I don't know why now, only that when I finally took a breath I realized I couldn't react anymore. We don't change the world by being passive and waiting. Too many times that was all we did...and I watched people with powers like mine attempt to the destroy the world. " She wouldn't get into the odd guilt she felt for that. As if she could control other's fear powers. As if she could be a wall against them. "I just think it's time we get out there and be ACTIVE." Maybe it was a shit reason but it was all she had.

"And yes, Alex is cute but he has a wife and kids so way far out of me league." She laughed. Not that she'd ever think about going for it.

Katherine Pryde
Logan
none
played by:
Crypt
X-Men
The question had Kitty feeling pensive. The whole conversation had Kitty feeling pensive. She'd left because she'd needed to, but this was home. Had been since was 13, and being away from it, though she loved MIT, hurt - though she hadn't realized how much until she'd responded to Logan's call. Like she ever wouldn't respond to her surrogate father's call.

Sure, the banter was light, and her barbs found playful purchase, but she just felt slightly off in the moment, and she couldn't put her finger on why. No one had forced her to leave and no one had kept her away. In fact, she knew she could just...not go back to Boston and her life would improve. Shaking her head slightly to try and chase away her pensivity, Kitty returned her focus to the pair around the fire.

Unlike both of them, she'd grown up a city kid. She only was given the exposure towards camping / camp fires and so forth with school - and her time with it was much different than Logan or Dani. Both could live for long spells outdoors. For Kitty? something always seemed to go wrong. Sure, she was smart, and could figure things out, but it was like nature sensed the young woman had a bond with technology, and always threw her a strange curve ball in their outdoor activities -whether it was camping, or canoeing. Still, the fire was strong now, and the friendship great, so she just needed to get over herself. Besides, she'd missed Logan.

“Nah kiddo, not gonna happen. Sometimes ya get a glimpse of the supposed hero underneath all that tarnish and grit. Sometimes I even seem friendly and housebroken. Hell once or twice I’ve even worn a suit and some cologne, but I never quite stop being me. Is why Chuck keep me around, when you have the most dangerous thing you can find in your living room, the world seem a little less scary.”

Bumping shoulders with Logan, she teased, "Who the heck said you're housebroken?" She drank lightly from her beer. "As for the suit...challenge thrown. I mean, I expect you'll be there for graduation, right?" She was graduating with her second master's degree in December, and she hoped Logan and Bobby would be there to celebrate with her, in addition to her Mom and Dad. "And I STILL say the most dangerous thing you can find is Yana's cooking...."

"And I'm trying out Kate. I'm certainly no Kitten anymore..." Kitty had earned that name when she joined the X-Men as everyone's little sister. She'd evolved and grown up from that wide eyed, naive young girl to where she was now - and part of that was trying to establish who she was as an adult.... "And getting my second masters is important to me..." Was there a hint of defensiveness there? Yup...almost as if this was a conversation they'd visited before. She wasn't running away, exactly...

Kitty needed their focus to go back to Dani.

She snorted as Logan teased the other woman, reminding him, "Unlike you, he's a one woman man.....but yes, he is extremely handsome and nice....with nice NOT being a four letter word...." She hadn't eaten Wanda's cooking, but she'd certainly heard about it.

She did, however, nod in agreement with Dani's assessment of passive versus active. Maybe she should think of joining Alex's group...

Logan
Mirage
dating Jet
played by:
Timid
Logan
X-Men
It was a simple equation really when it came to Logan and Xavier’s. He was their watchdog, their boogeyman, their wandering orphan ronin. But the man ALWAYS came back, no matter what he said or did. He was feral, rough and tumble, rugged as hell, and wild as the day was long, but like a canine, he knew where home was, had that built into his dna. So when others didn’t share that choice, no matter how much he down played it, something in him made him question their decision.

The old man wasn’t given to idle questions though and listened when Dani talked. As he did so he couldn’t help but grin. She had that fire, that youthful burning to change things, to alter the world into something better as she’d seen too many trying to spin it the other way. Unable to help himself he reached out and punched the Cheyenne's shoulder. When Black had been much younger, he’d had the same kind of fire, the same resolve to do something anything to make things better then he’d found them. It was good to see and he truly wished the best for her. Besides Alex was the best man he knew, he’d need a warrior looking after him and his too trusting ways.

“All right Dani, all right. I get it. You too “Kate”, I get it. It’s time to move onto bigger better things and leave your own mark on the world. You didn’t hear it from me, but I’m proud of you both, gotta chase what moves you. Also I can’t recall a time where that particular blonde ever cooked and I mean ever. Usually it was just “Oh, apologies. I did not steal this plate of still hot French food from Pierre’s,Mr. Logan. Honest.”

The Canadian ran another beer out of the keg and smiled at the two ladies as a single claw slid out of his left hand and he drew in the dirt with it. He wasn’t a man for feelings, but he did want both of them to know where they all sat with each other. Hater of change that he was, change was the only thing that stayed the same.

“Ain’t my fault I ain’t found the right woman yet, “Kate”. Won’t know till I try a bunch is how I sees it. You graduate, I’ll be there though, Kitten. Not much for suits, but have to look the part when I prove Chuck has a better place then MIT. I’ll bring the whiskey too. As for you, “Danielle”, Alex is the best friend this far south I got, keep an eye on him and don’t let him sweet talk you into thinking M-Town is all fine and dandy. Man’s a hell of a talker, you go be his fist, eh?”
--------------------
user posted image
Trey is hero.
Single
played by:
shadowkate
X-Factor
Dani's powers were, in a word, odd. She both was and wasn't empathnic. Both was and wasn't telepathic. Odd. Despite that, she could read people. Maybe her powers did give her a bit more insight in to them than she might otherwise have. Which, in this case, meant seeing the near pensive look on Kitty's face.

"I'll keep that in mind with her cooking." Dani titled her head as Kitty went on, making a slight face at the name Kate. She didn't like it on Kitty but maybe that was because Kitty would always be Kitty. No question. "Why not just go by Kathreine professionally?" she asked, why bother changing nicknames now? "And don't let the old man fool you. We are all proud of you. Going to school, getting degrees, even I know I'll never understand what you got them in." She smirked.

Where Kitty and nature seemed to not get along, Dani was like that way with technology. It had taken her and Rahne a ridiculous long time to get skyping down. Even with Kitty's help. Kitty who was probably laughing the whole time. Tech seemed to go wrong every time she tried to touch something.

Dani's fire came from her grandfather, no question. Always trying to make sure people didn't forget the old ways. Making sure that the tribe moved forward without forgetting their roots. Times changed, the Rez changed, and there was Black Eagle preaching to anyone who'd listen. Until he wasn't. She didn't know the connection to Logan until much much later but she could see why her Grandfather liked him. The same reason she did. Until he punched her shoulder.

It didn't hurt and she had to stifle a laugh. Considering acting in pain only she knew neither of the people there would buy it. She watched Logan draw in the dirt. She couldn't ever say she'd never be back. No one smart would say such things. She had left Xavier's before, and like a boomarang, came right back. Time would tell if this worked.

"Isn't that the pot calling the kettle black, unless you did find someone 'Kate'." Going along with Logan's joke for the moment. Pretty sure Kitty wasn't dating. She just cocked an eyebrow with the full use of her name. She'd crack a joke about feeling hurt that Alex was his best friend but it wasn't the time or place. He was being serious, more then he usually was. "Of course Logan." It wasn't like she was ever much else but a fist. She was totally okay with that.

She held up her half empty glass. "To us, to family and to new steps." she said in a toast.

Katherine Pryde
Logan
none
played by:
Crypt
X-Men
The young woman was used to Logan giving her crap. Life would be...wrong..without him giving her crap - but he did it out of love, and she gave it right back. She loved the old man fiercely, and completely, and couldn't imagine her life without him.

She also knew he was as quick to chance as a rock. This little camping endeavor was his way of coping, and while she was still trying to figure her place, her way in life, it didn't stop her from wanting to do everything possible to smooth things with her surrogate father.

Sticking her tongue out, she teases, "Be careful, old man...you might get me back. I mean, Bobby can't teach ALL the math..and half the girls only take the advance math because they think he's hot..." She laughed at the pun. But at Logan's accolades? She blushed. Completely. to her ears.

"Why not just go by Katherine professionally?"

Kitty paused and mulled it over. "Too stuffy for me? Too formal? And, we'll see. Kate was a way to separate Xavier's to MIT? Kitty was the name I was called as a kid, and I don't feel like a kid anymore.." Her voice trailed off as she realized how that sounded. She wasn't a kid any more; she was mid 20s, and getting her masters way later than she should have - but... W

But she wasn't going to be the Debbi Downner. "Aww..come on...Cryptography isn't TOO hard - and what's not to love about differential equations!" She laughed, knowing that Dani was anything BUT computer oriented. In fact, the pair was the opposite. Kitty was all computers and no camping, Dani was all camping and no computers.

"Isn't that the pot calling the kettle black, unless you did find someone 'Kate'."

And, of course, she got teased for not having a boyfriend. "Hey...I've had...one...in my life....though I don't know what you say about Bobby being my first kiss...I mean, there was this nice guy..smart guy - named James in my Advance Mathematics class, and we went for coffee, but..the whole...mutant thing, you know..." She shrugged. "I don't collect them like Precious Moments Dolls..I'm just saying..." Yup..she was going to tease Logan until the day she died.

As Dani raised her glass, Kitty did as well. "To friends and family..."

Logan
Mirage
dating Jet
played by:
Timid
Logan
X-Men
“To family and friends, may they ever be hard to distinguish from each other. And may we always have more of both then we can handle.”

It was an old old toast and one that Logan had found summed up his life more often then he would have ever guessed. He had always thought he’d be a loner till the day he died, or a soldier till there were no more wars to fight. Instead he’d become a teacher, a hero, a mentor, a father. Life was fucking weird like that.

“Sounds like something a kid…. Or a kitten would say darling. Name change don’t change who you are. Hell I could be the poster for that one, we don’t even know what my name actually is. Be you Katya, Kitty, Kitten, Kate, Katherine, Koneko,Kyasarin , whatever. Be you and who you decide is worth being. Same to you Dani, Danielle, Moonstar, be who you want to be, not what the world tells you they think you are. Don’t listen to old grouches like me who think they know what folk are supposed to be. We’re usually wrong.”

Logan finished his beer and crushed the mug in one hand. He wasn’t as strong as the real jobbers they had on the X-Men, but he was far stronger then most folks. He squeezed the shattered ceramic a bit more, grinding it to powder as he talked. This was an old ritual, changed somewhat by circumstances, but it should serve what it needed to. Carefully cupping the powder in both hands now, he gently blew it into the words he had carved in the dirt, the blue dust now making the words legigable. ダニエル・キャサリン・ローガン, their names in Kanji, the written form of the language that Logan had claimed as his won out of the dozen and a half he knew. Underneath them was another word, a concept really.

“一期一会. One life, one encounter. A reminder to us, that everything that happens, every moment is a one-in-a-lifetime encounter, something that can never be repeated. When we leave here, we will be going our separate ways, perhaps we meet again, perhaps we do not, yet we must learn to savor the moment regardless. Black Eagle, that was a man who lived that concept as easily as he breathed. Remember that we’re all proud of you, even more so that you’re making your choice of who to be.”

The old old man next put his hand in the fire, plucking a burning branch from it and moved it slowly, carefully over the words. The dust, now heated up bonded together. It was an imperfect operation, would most likely only last a day or two, however it would do as needed, or at least Wolverine thought so.
--------------------
user posted image
Trey is hero.
Single
played by:
shadowkate
X-Factor
There were five people in the whole world Dani considered family. Five people that Dani would go to the ends of the Earth for. Two were sitting next to her, drinking right now. Rahne and Greg, though less Jack who she thought of in friendly terms but not quite the same. Sam. If forced to ever choose, those would be who she chose. Every time. So Logan's toast resonated with her. Deeply.

She raised an eyebrow at the advice. She understood what he was saying to Kitty. Another thing she understood. Dani and Danielle and Mirage and Moonstar and any other name that she ever went by didn't change who she was. It didn't change that she was the Cheyenne from Lame Deer whose grandfather taught her to survive, taught her to be stubborn, taught her what being Cheyenne meant.

"Cryptography that's the study of crypts right? Why would you want to do that?" She smirked, knowing what it actually was. Teasing her just as Logan crushed the mug. She stopped and turned to him. Watching.

Of the three of them, Dani knew significantly less Japanese than either of them. If push came to shove, she could possibly mutter her way through a very basic conversation. She recognized the letters for her name, a name Logan had written out for her before.

She understood that concept. What Logan was talking about, an idea Black Eagle had taught her. For a man who seemed rooted in the past, rooted in what they WERE, it was always odd to hear him talking about the moment. About living for the present and the future. It had taken his death and her growing to really understand it. He hadn't been stuck. He was looking to what they could have been again. Most everyone saw him as the old cook refusing to let go of tradition without understanding that without the tradition they were no one.

Dani had told herself tonight she wasn't going to cry saying goodbye. That she was going to come out here, drink and say goodbye in her own way. Which didn't usually involve tears. She found her cheeks wet. "It isn't like..." She started, her voice catching for a moment. Looking down at the words. "Like I'm going far." She whispered.

That didn't matter. She could be next door and the idea would still stand. Logan wasn't the only one who sometimes had problems with change. Dani didn't always do great with it. Still, she knew it was the right call. Just a moment of doubt here and there.

Careful of the stick she wrapped her arms around Logan and gave him a hug. "Thank you for everything." She whispered to him. Her voice still a little wobbly.

Katherine Pryde
Logan
none
played by:
Crypt
X-Men
Kate listened, and knew she was being more introspective than usual. It was as if something resonated with her, a fear, a worry, a thought that would come back later. She didn't know why she felt like this - only that she did.

Perhaps it was the solemnity of it all. When she and Logan were solemn, it was usually something bad. This wasn't bad; Dani was moving to a different place - a place that fit her better, that worked for her. Kate could certainly understand that.

Perhaps it was the fact that precious few really knew Logan. Here, around the campfire, where two people. There was also Sarah, but Sarah wasn't like she and Dani. She didn't needle him. She didn't make sure that Logan kept...well, human. They were friendly, and even family - but not like she and Logan were.

Perhaps it was the fact that truthfully? In two more months, she would need to make some decisions, and she had no flipping clue what to do. It seemed, for her, that all roads led back to here. She felt strongly about protecting mutants, and teaching the youth, but she didn't know how she felt about being an X-Men. Sure, she could join SHIELD, but that wouldn't be putting her talents to use unless she was manning computers....and with Sarah on the field, well...she followed rules better than Kitty did.

She watched the toast and smiled with it. She even stuck her tongue out at Logan (again) when he teased her about her name. But hadn't she always tried on new names for new identities? Sprite. Ariel. Shadowcat. She had to retort, "Oh, I know your actual name. Old man. " She offered a cheeky grin and a pull from her beer.

And then again, the old man showed he knew beauty as he carved their names, and the concept underneath. Yes, it was something with which she would cherish as she went back to Boston, definitely. But this night was about Dani, and she needed to pull her head out of her ass - and pronto, lest her mood bring everything to a grinding halt.

But the two needed their moment, their embrace, and Kitty gave it to them, eyes studying the fire as the pair showed far more emotion than either usually did. It was right, to give them privacy. And Dani was right, she wasn't moving that far away.... Maybe she could even show her the city....

Logan
Mirage

Topic Options
Add Reply

skinned exclusively for XMR by evvie of caution, shine, & tumblr.

Our Discord

Affiliates & Directories

RPG-D
Top RP Sites Top RP SitesVote for X-Men: Revolution at Top Site List Planet
Shadowplay Topsites Marvel Topsites