WELCOME TO EARTH-740.

X-Men Revolution is an Earth-616 inspired advanced RPG. We are loosely inspired by canon comic and movies, but have our own history, original characters and plots.

Join us as an original character, or pick one from marvel canon!

x-men
REVOLUTION

Add Reply

Home is the hunter
Dating Logan
played by:
Kris
X-Factor
Continued from: http://s4.zetaboards.com/Xrevolution/topic/30168168/1/#new

JP Jet and Scott

Scott slipped off his uniform coat and slipped it around Jet’s head, lightly rubbing her arms as she shivered.“G-gotta… s-s-stop mee-eting… like t-this.” she stammered and Scott nodded.

“We certainly do,” he said, “Keep the jacket over your head. I heard somewhere that you lose heat through your head and feet. I don’t know if it’s true but I don’t imagine it can hurt.”

Gunfire alerted them both, and Jet asked about Logan.

“The Wolverine’s on the case, yes,” Scott said, “Let’s get you out of here, to where you can warm up. If he gets himself all shot up and I let you succumb to hypothermia, I’ll go home missing a limb or two…. And mine don’t grow back.”

She could feel the warmth from the jacket and did as he had mentioned, keeping it over her head. He told Jet that Logan was on the case, but when he said he’d go home with missing limbs if she got hypothermia she gave out a short shivered laugh. “W-wouldn’t… dare… I w-won’t allow it.” It was taking a while but she was slowly getting warmer.

With help the blonde managed to stand up as they walked out she couldn’t help but comment, “All t-t-things cons- considered… I t-think I came out of this one on… t-t-op.” Jet let out a shivered chuckle, maybe slightly hoping cracking the joke would warm her up. No matter how scared she got at the end of it, she was extremely thankful to be alive.

They made their way back upstairs and walked back towards where the carnage left behind by both ferals. The destruction, the debris, the splatters of blood that caked… everything. While Jet wasn’t cold enough to stutter the words she would speak, there was still a shiver to her voice as she spoke, “Holy shit…” Looking back at Scott she asked, “They’re really going to kill each other this time aren’t they?” The concern in her voice couldn’t be masked.

Scott made no comment about the state of the room. He expected nothing less. Jet expressed her concern and Scott said, “Well, this isn’t a particularly promising sight, Miss Black, but I will tell you this. Logan is not my biggest fan, but even he doesn’t think so little of me that he would bring me along to do something anyone could have done. No offense, but it was not particularly hard to open a freezer door and save you. He didn’t bring me here to do that, and it wasn’t for the pleasure of my company.”

Jet always respected Scott, so when he spoke she listened. She took no offense to his words about easily busting the freezer door open.

The noise of the two in the middle of their rampage was not hard to miss, particularly the hole in the middle of the floor, and Scott, motioning for Jet to stand off to the side, he said, quietly, “It’s to make sure they don’t kill each other, whether or not he’ll ever admit it.”

The blonde moved to the side as he motioned for her to do so. Looking downward towards the hole and heard a mechanical voice.

”Termination protocols initiated,”

“Of course, they have,” Scott muttered to himself. “Just not the ones you think, pal…”

Moving far more quietly than a man not known to care much about stealth, Cyclops moved to where he could see exactly what was happening down below. A robot, something that looked like a cheese grater mated with a weed wacker and the infant took a mostly humanoid form, loomed over the two ferals, in a room that was definitely not part of this house’s original decorating scheme. It would have been easy if Scott had a clear shot, but then, life was never easy for Scott Summers…

… Luckily, he thrived on difficulty.

“Wolverine, Sabretooth, freeze!” he ordered, hoping that they were not beyond complying, and he slammed his fist up to his visor, the calculations made in his mind in a split second. The beam that shot from perfectly aligned lens array seemingly missed its target, creasing the air in a scarlet scream, but then, as it struck the ground at Logan’s feet, it ricocheted, and careened into the far wall, before striking some debris and bouncing, never losing momentum, never losing strength, creating an intricate maze of force and skill, to slam into the robot’s chest, propelling it backwards.

Jet was careful to be out of the way but get in a slight view of what was happening, she didn’t see as much as Scott could but she could see a little bit. A small section of Logan’s foot and leg, that is until it was blinded by a ray of scarlet destruction and hearing the sounds of the beam connecting several different times before it connected with it’s final target. In a lowered tone she looked up at Scott and spoke, her voice sounding even less chilled than before, “Ya know, in case anyone ever questioned you being the X-Men leader, just show them something like that and it’ll remind them.”

Cyclops
Logan
@Sabertooth
--------------------
**********user posted image**********
dating Jet
played by:
Timid
Logan
X-Men
“Stopped questioning that fact when you cleared the front lawn and couldn’t stand up One eye. You know you and the lady are loud as fuck right? Or maybe that’s my ears regrowing after that last grenade.”

Logan gave Jet a fierce smile, from a face covered in blood and gore with some metal shining through. He’d told her before that he wasn’t what she thought, that he was a living weapon with just enough control to pick his own target, usually. Today she got to see it for real, he was made to kill, made to never stop killing, made to not care about it afterward. Creed was just like him, only difference was that Creed didn’t try to be better.

Speaking of Victor, Logan used Scott’s opening to slam both sets of claws towards Sabretooth’s guts. If they were going to fight a killer robot, well he’d make sure he could run faster then the other guy. If there was something down her that could actually kill Creed, well he was all too happy to let it.

“Hey Jetters, the frozen look ain’t you, how ‘bout we get you some soup, eh babe?”

Meanwhile the robot, actually the first shell of a series of constructions was hit by pure unstoppable concussive force that plowed right into the machine’s chassis, lifting it off the ground and dropping it into the light where all the players in the drama could see it. Just over 8 feet tall and gleaming in the scant light the metal monster stood back up, it’s blue eyes staring unblinkingly at the two animalistic men in front of it.

“SHIVA program active. Subjects Project L and S scanned, liquidation protocols loaded.”

The oversized blender moved it’s head, now looking at Cyclops and Jet and seeming to read them to the bone at a glance.

“Warning! Extra beings in target area. Please leave or you shall be met with deadly force. Unit #43 is programmed to retire Project X survivors. Forget what you have seen here and leave. There will be no other warnings given.”

The SHIVA unit, now fully prepared to ignore them if they left or kill them if they stayed turned its attention back to Wolverine and Sabretooth as it raised massive blade covered arms and opened palms which glowed green with unknown energies.

“Weapon X survivors, I am SHIVA, I am your death. Project X wishes you the best for whatever lies beyond this life and apologies that you were not able to fulfill the project's purpose. Be of good cheer, all data on anything you may have done to help the next project is stored and will be used to make improvements on the next subjects. Have a great day.”

The energy flashed but it was not lazer beams, missiles, or death rays. No SHIVA was the guarddog of Project X, their failsafe to put down the living weapons they had made. Memories, activated by unremovable implants in each feral’s brain, were unleashed in a flood. Every moment of pain, confusion, death, and betrayal was amped up to 11 and roamed freely, agonizingly through their mind.

As the robot drew down on the two men, it was all Logan could do to scream.
--------------------
user posted image
Trey is hero.
Others
There were many things Victor Creed was not terribly fond of. Far too many to list conveniently. But what this robot represented, what it was in this moment - his mind knew exactly what that was, and that was one of the rare things that could override his hatred for the ugly little freak he'd been engaged in a mutual murder-attempt for longer than either truly remembered. And it set his blood boiling.

"You're playin' me? Me?!" he snarled at the machine. Weapon X hardware he'd never raided, never stolen from an abandoned facility - none of that. This was here, waiting for him. Waiting for them. Weapon X had used his own tendency towards baited traps to bait a trap for him alongside the Wolverine. If he wasn't so over the edge pissed off, he might have been impressed.

"Nobody plays me fer a fool an' gets away with it! I know you little weasels are watching, so I'm a' make you a promise. I'm gonna find you, I'm gonna find you an' give you a guided tour through yer own intestines and then- agh!"

His threatening rant was interrupted by claws in his guts, and then a bright beam of scarlet crashing into the Shiva robot that stood ready to kill them all.

"You... Little..." Creed grunted, before the robot unleashed all hell into their brains. Every horrific moment during the process, lighting their minds on fire. The pain was as intense as any either had ever felt.

Through it, Creed took a staggering step forward, one arm held to his abdomen to cover the stab wounds that were mending, another one reaching out. The blast from Cyclops barely put a dent in it, so Creed was unsure if even his or even Logan's claws could actually cut it. But he was far too pissed off to not try.

As he got close enough, he reached out to the robot's right arm and yanked, hoping that at the very least, joints were an issue with this machine. Or failing that, that someone else could take advantage and capitalize on whatever his distraction could cause.
Dating Logan
played by:
Kris
X-Factor
She heard Logan before she saw him, hearing him reply to her comment about not questioning why Scott was leading the X-Men. Jet smiled and let her eyes search for him, just in time to see his smile with metal shining through parts of his face. Muttering to herself, “Jesus…” she’d never seen Logan with his skin blown off of his face before.

The blonde was indeed looking at a weapon. But it wasn’t anything she’d ever doubted, you don’t have metal claws without being made into some sort of tool for some nefarious reason. It was just that Jet saw the man behind the weapon, she was far too optimistic for her own good sometimes. Maybe he was everything everyone was saying and warning her about, it wouldn’t stop her from trying to see more than that.

Creed started his rant, how he was going to find them but before he could finish his threat Logan moved and jammed his metal claws into Creed. He commented about the chilled out look not suiting her, she was still cold but the adrenaline coursing through her was warming her up quickly. Still, Jet couldn’t respond, as the blue lights caught her own eyes. The robot, apparently called SHIVA which seemed all too fitting of a name and which was probably done on purpose, spoke to Silverlight and Cyclops.

Telling them to leave and forget or be met with deadly force, she lowered her eyebrows at the machine for a moment then looked at Scott, “Well fuck that.” She was not going to be kidnapped by Creed and dragged all that way to his death mansion with Scott and Logan there to help her only to leave. Cyclops would most likely feel the same without the colorful vocabulary. SHIVA spoke to Logan and Creed it then did something to both of them, causing Logan to scream. Jet was getting warmed up very quickly now. Not knowing what it was doing to him her eyes widened as she took in a sharp inhale.

Creed seemed to be in pain as well, but she didn’t care so much about his safety as she did Scott and Logan’s. Still after he moved forward and pulled at the robot’s arm Silverlight would take full advantage to the opening. When she moved the jacket Scott gave her that she kept on her head fell behind her as the brilliant silver shine of her powers sparked to life. Quickly she reared her hand back and thrusted it forward to send a stream of her energy directing into SHIVA’s head.

She’d had enough training with her powers to be able to do that at least. In a side by side contest of their powers, Scott had the upper hand. He had proven not two minutes ago that he had to oomph when it came to power, but Jet was no pushover either. With SHIVA pushing them, she was going to help fight back. Silverlight continued to press her power on the Terminator wannabe.

Cyclops
Logan
Sabretooth
--------------------
Married to Jean Grey-Summers
played by:
Heather
X-Men
Jet and Logan commented on his power prowess and Scott didn't respond. His powers were a curse that he had turned into something that could benefit the world. He hoped that when he died, for good, that he would be remembered for more than the beams that came out of his eyes. Giving them both a nod, he didn't acknowledge beyond that, his gaze locked on the robot that was, indeed, getting to its feet, making its proclamation.

This was a Weapon X trap, then, was it? That damned project that had been so instrumental in making Logan (and Creed for that matter) into what they were... Scott never thoroughly understood what the goal of the project was, why they did what they did, and why they stopped doing it, but it didn't matter to him, to be frank. He didn't care a damn about this robot's programming or its not-so-subtle warnings to stand back. No one 'retired' someone who was unwillingly 'hired.'

Not on his watch.

Both Logan and Creed went for the robot, but then, it did something to them that dropped them both, screaming in pain. Scott didn't know what the hell was going on, but this was not a scream that he was used to hearing Wolverine make, not the growling maddened roar of his berserker rage. This was pain that made a mockery of the simpering apologies of the thing calling itself SHIVA.

Logan was not Scott's favorite person, and Creed fell even lower on that list, but Scott didn't like the tone of the robot's prerecorded statements. It only proved to him that Weapon X was a bunch of bullies.

Scott Summers was not fond of bullies.

He was also not a man who was unable to adapt his plans to the situation. His powers barely dented this thing? Well, there were other ways to skin a cat, so to speak. If it was driving Logan and Creed out of their minds with pain, then, the only solution was to make sure they were incapable of pain. As Creed made his last ditch attempt to literally disarm the robot and Jet unleashed her powers into the machine, Scott lifted his communicator to his mouth.

"Magik, I hope you're listening. On my signal, I need you here to teleport us out of this place, all four of us. Give me a sign you're onboard."

When the sign was given, Scott put his hand to his visor controls and said, "Sorry about this Wolverine, but you'll understand when you wake up."

Then, he hit the controls and the lens array in his visor opened to almost its widest and most forceful configuration, releasing a blast of concussive energy strong enough to knock out a charging bull elephant, much less two bloodied and weakened men under mental attack. Hopefully, they would go down and go down quickly, because once they did, Scott was getting them out of this place, far enough that they could recover and recoup.

This was a desperate move, maybe, but Scott was not a desperate man. He was an efficient one.

Weapon X thrived on the feral nature of their subjects, and used their loss of control against them. Cyclops was the very definition of control. They didn't build this robot to deal with the likes of him.

"Now, Magik," Scott ordered, once the men were down, "Get us out of here."
sure
played by:
Timid
Magik
X-Factor
Illyana Rasputina was in many ways an agent of chaos and not an unwilling one. Conflict, danger, violence, and a chance to change something, anything, made her days better. So this day, she was indeed having a great time. While her allies destroyed the house and bled out over everything, while they rescued maidens fair and faced down robots, she was playing cat and mouse games with a woman of psychic energies and giant firearms. Birdy was a crack shot and she used really big bullets.

Thankfully the Russian mutant was quick, good with her portals, and had a mostly reliable suit of mystical armor that protected her from shrapnel. However Magik was a close combat lady and closing with Birdy was proving very difficult. No matter how large of a cannon the hencewoman hefted, it seemed to slow her down not a bit. So they had settled into an elaborate series of quick darting moves and counter moves that were slowly devouring the rooms of the house the two wildmen hadn’t broken. So far neither of them had any real injuries, they were good at what they did and in Yana’s mind, this was just play.

That all changed when she heard the call from Cyclops to run an evac. Years with X-Factor had taught her how to handle things like this however they were up in Canada, a place thoroughly unknown to her. Plus there was the simple matter of Birdy and her barrages of gun fire. Stalling for time, Illyana placed a stepping disc in front of her with an exit portal behind where Birdy was currently standing. That should buy her the minute or two needed to work up a location spell. The blonde’s stepping discs were very good at moving herself around, capable of taking her wherever she desired in an instant. They were far less useful for moving multiple targets to unknown spots.

As Magik gathered her energies and channeled her own vitality into a spell that warped destiny to take them all to a safe place, Birdy was reconfiguring her gun. It had a setting that should either blow through the infuriating blonde woman’s armor, or hit her hard enough so as not to matter. Heavy concussion rounds, then add a shrapnel grenade. Mr. Creed would be less then happy if she left this punk breathing. Alterations made, plan in place, the gun toting psychic rolled the explosive device just barely under Magik’s disk and smiled as she took careful aim.

Golden light filled the room where Jet, Cyclops, a now mercifully unconscious Wolverine, and a blasted Sabretooth were gathered. True to form Magik’s magics were powerful, raw, and elemental. They tore at her own vitality, causing her stomach to knot painfully as they worked. The spell tapped into the fabric of this dimension, warped it slightly and moved everything living in this house to a deserted farmhouse 20 miles to the west.

As his prey left, SHIVA paused an analysed the data. He and his brothers had been built for only one purpose, to find and terminate every living weapon Project X ever created. Most were anamilitic humans like Creed and Logan, sleeper weapons made to fight and kill. However there were in his files one unique subject, John Wraith. Wraith had been their rescue unit, capable of mass teleports. As they faded before his sensors the protocols for dealing with such kicked in and the robot locked down on the energy signature used. It would take time, but SHIVA would find them and fulfill its objective. After all, it was only logical.

The group arrived in a brillant flare of golden light, the fighting group on the ground floor, Illyana and Birdy in the attic. Birdy was an old hand at violence and barely flinched as she unloaded her powerful rifle at a suddenly much closer and defenseless Magik. To the younger woman’s credit, her ethereal armor, that link that might be proof of her relation to Colossus, held up and kept the bullets from turning her into bleeding meat. However they could not stop the intense concussion, especially at the now shorter range. Illyana hissed as her ribs shattered on impact and her body went through the attic wall. The fall to the ground from 2 stories up broke more ribs and bent her back at a sharp angle. The ex-Limbo resident was not a team player, and, being actually hurt in what she had truly thought was a game, she showed just how reliable she truly was. In a golden flash Illyana was gone, gone frome her hastily assembled team, gone from Canada, do as she always did. Running from her problems whenever they actually hurt.
--------------------
user posted image
All of the things we're taking
'Cause we are young and we're ashamed
Send us to perfect places
All of our heroes fading
Now I can't stand to be alone
Let's go to perfect places
Others
Creed held on for as long as he could, a fury usually reserved for actual, living people spurring him on despite the agony, the sheer, incomparable agony. He was sure this was all done, all finished, but now they had reared their ugly heads back up looking for a fresh start.

At the very least, he was allowing for his now-former victim to get a good potshot in at the bucket of bolts, for all the good it did. This thing was heavily plated, dense and nigh-impenetrable. But he wasn't giving up. Not now, not ever. No matter how dire it was, how badly the odds were stacked against him, he'd takethis thing down to scrap metal. And then he'd find the next one, and the next one, and the next one until he found the idiot behind the steering wheel and shoved his severed head up his-

Then everything flashed red, followed by blackness. Nothing. By the time they were out of there, teleported away by mutant teleportation discs, Sabretooth was completely unconscious, sprawled out alongside his mortal nemesis in mutual defeat.

Upstairs, Birdy was left alone, massive gun held aloft in one hand as she probed the area both with her mind and with her eyes. The little swordswoman was gone, probably gone off to die somewhere private after taking a hit like that. But Birdy knew she had to keep her head on a swivel. She was in unfamiliar territory, and from what she could tell, something had happened to her boss. And boy, would he dock her pay or worse if she didn't rush in to take care of him while he was down.

She made her way down the stairs, gun aimed and ready to fire as she wasn't entirely sure what would be awaiting her when she made it to where the others were. She didn't know this place and she didn't know what the X-Man had in store for her. She just knew that at the very least, she had a very big deterrent in her hand.

Birdy swiveled her sights around when she made it ground level - maybe that girl was still around, maybe she still had some tricks up her sleeve, or... Maybe... Not.

She was definitely surprised by what she saw, as both her boss and the main target were not just down, but charred and blast-burned and all but destroyed.
"What the hell happened?" she asked, certain that this level of damage to both men made no sense if it was just Cyclops and the girlfriend there.
Dating Logan
played by:
Kris
X-Factor
With Creed’s help, a set of words Jet never thought she would stream together, the two of them were able to hold back the robot before them. The blonde was giving it her all, and although her power was not as strong as Scott’s it seemed to hold it back enough for Cyclops to make a call.

Between Creed’s yelling, and the sounds of chaos she could have sworn she heard the X-Men leader say Yana’s codename. No matter what she heard, Silverlight had to keep pressing her power on SHIVA. Even when the golden brilliant light started to fill the room and surround the group she kept her attack up.

That is until their surroundings changed. Not even a second after they were transported to an abandoned barn did she stop the use of her power. The last beam of her power hitting a thick post, making it splinter on the sides and causing a dent in the center of it. Looking around to see Scott and Logan laying near Creed, away from his mansion mercifully.

Feeling way less cold than what she did before, the adrenaline surged in her body caused her hands to shake but her legs stayed stable. Jet fixed her gaze on Scott, “Yana came with you two?” Flickering a look back at Creed she wondered how much of a good idea it was to keep Logan close to Creed. Not to mention the temptation to kick Creed in the face while he was unconscious was far too great.

But with how much he weighed, there was no way she’d be able to drag him. Not to mention she didn’t want to get close in case he didn’t realize where he was and who was in front of him. She didn’t want to be close to his claws in case he woke up in a rage. The blonde was grateful that the three had come, even if this was Creed’s game for Logan and she was a mere pawn.

Although Yana was a surprise. She knew how Logan felt about the magic mutant. Thinking maybe Scott might have asked for her help, she walked towards the farmhouse doors to opened them to look for her. Half expecting her to be standing outside with a peculiar smile on her face.

Instead, Jet turned at the sound of Birdy coming down the stairs asking what had happened. “Killer robot.” She opened the farmhouse doors to peak out, and saw nothing, not SHIVA, or Yana. Closing the doors she turned back to the group. Wanting to go to Logan's side to check on him but changing her mind.

There was no telling what the Wolverine’s temperament was when he woke up. So instead Jet moved Scott's coat to return it to him.
--------------------

Topic Options
Add Reply

skinned exclusively for XMR by evvie of caution, shine, & tumblr.

Our Discord

Affiliates & Directories

RPG-D
Top RP Sites Top RP SitesVote for X-Men: Revolution at Top Site List Planet
Shadowplay Topsites Marvel Topsites