WELCOME TO EARTH-740.

X-Men Revolution is an Earth-616 inspired advanced RPG. We are loosely inspired by canon comic and movies, but have our own history, original characters and plots.

Join us as an original character, or pick one from marvel canon!

x-men
REVOLUTION

Add Reply
New Poll

Espresso, hold the sugar, OPEN!
Single
played by:
Kristie
X-Men
Date: June 14, Thursday
Time: 2pm

Free time. Blessed, blessed free time.

Warren didn't have much of it in recent days. Between the office, their international concerns, teaching, training and the assorted responsibilities that required his attention, the winged-hero had very little time to himself. Peace and quiet were in short supply, especially now that school had officially let out, at the mansion, and Warren had found himself itching for some time away.

On hindsight, going to the local mall strip might not have been the smartest plan, considering that students were as likely to mill about the area as he was, and it wasn't like he had the most inconspicuous appearance. Armed with a new crime thriller and his shades, Warren sped through suburban Westchester. It was blessedly quiet as he stepped into the coffee house. A barista recognised him and immediately gave him his usual order. Warren found found a spot at one of those chintzy armchairs in the coffee house, his legs crossed casually and propping up a book. Warren held a cup of coffee to his lips and sipped slowly, enjoying the relative peace.

X-23
X-Factor
Laura rarely ventured out of New York City, but there were times that saw her come north to the school. While she had never studied there as a student, she had several connections, so her dropping in was not always for 'business' or even to replace and or mend whatever it was Logan had broken during one of his tantrums.

On the surface, she very much appeared to be the same, dark haired clone that X-Factor had taken in all those years ago. Her words were still somewhat formal, and often few and far between, but there was something else there, something under the surface. X-23 had learned, from her teammates, from the families of her teammates, from those who resided in the school and Mutant Town alike. No longer was she just a clone, a killer, she was more.

...And sometimes, to be more, you needed coffee. That was one of her first 'New Yorker' lessons. Her motorbike was parked outside, ready to take her back to the city once she had had her fix of caffeine.

"The caramel one. With a lot of caramel," she pointed to the sign for frappes. "And an extra espresso shot," she added, then a familiar scent caught her and she looked across the room. "I will take it over there, thank you."

Sidling across like a cat, she dropped down into one of the armchairs. "Hello, Warren. Do you mind if I take my drink with you?" She had worked with him several times in the past, even helped save him from mortal peril. but rarely had she had chance to sit down and have a full conversation with him.
Single
played by:
Kristie
X-Men
He didn't have the extra senses to realise when a stranger was in the room, but Warren fancied himself not so old that he didn't recognise voices. "Hi Laura," he grinned at X, shutting the book and placing it on the table. He didn't begrudge the loss of his alone time, not when it was for someone he so rarely saw. The few times they had crossed paths, it had always been for some apocalyptic event or other -- that hardly made for good conversation.

"How's things at the Brownstone? It's the summer, so I'm presuming you'd soon be overrun with kids once more."
X-23
X-Factor
Laura gave him a slight nod as he closed his book, and she settled down in her seat. Being relaxed, especially in public, did not come naturally to her, but she was with one of the senior X-Men, which to her was almost as good as being with one of her team. She could trust them.

"I am well, thank you. May I ask how you are?" She smiled. "And the summer is not so bad. I enjoy having the children around...they are my family."

Her drink arrived and she stirred it with her straw. "How is the book?"
Single
played by:
Kristie
X-Men
"Always excellent and taking one day at a time," Warren answered, just as his phone buzzed on the table. He glanced at it, and then deeming the message unimportant, flipped his phone face-down on the table and focused on X.

It was... Interesting, to hear Laura vocalise what he already knew of her. She was loyal to a fault, and protective of the cubs that she considered a part of her den. He'd seen Ellie around her once, and it was amusing to see how the young mutant, Alex and Lorna's youngest, clambered all over Laura, blissfully oblivious to the fact that X-23 was quite simply, a fighter.

They all were. Of course. But it had been amusing, nonetheless.

"Not too bad," he nodded at the novel. " The usual, evil dude murders women in the Alaskan snowscape, detective and partner head out to hunt him down, ends up in danger, falls in love, catches bad guy." Warren shrugged. When one lived the life that he did -- that Laura did as well -- one didn't quite get so impressed by fiction. It was still entertaining, nonetheless.

"Did you come this way to visit at the school?" Warren asked, cradling his mug. Westchester was a bit far for just a casually coffee.
X-23
X-Factor
Laura simply nodded as he summed up the novel. "I prefer fantasy. Or historical. Modern crime tends to be poorly researched," she informed him, recalling how once she and Jonny had been ejected from a movie theatre for critiquing the violence and death scenes in a feature. Fantasy, she had learned to detach with more ease, and occasionally, she did not even need to.

"I did; I just left. I do not visit often, but when I am able, it is...pleasant... to see the school, the students," she had had nothing like the students had when she was a child. As such, Laura was adamant that it should remain a safe place. "But, I like the coffee here."

"How are Alex's children doing? On the subject," Laura knew well enough from others, but another opinion would not hurt at all. She was fiercely protective of all of them, the moloids too.
Single
played by:
Kristie
X-Men
"The boys and Holly are doing well in their classes, of course," Warren took them for some of the basic sciences, when it was required of him. As of now he did not see them in trainings, but with the way they were growing, it does not seem to be a long way off before they were. "Holly and young Artie are cute together. I like the boy. Smart young man."

He drank a mouthful of coffee as he considered. "Then I hear Ellie and Rachel running about the school sometimes," he said, of his red-headed goddaughter and her best friend, currently the youngest in the collective Summers clan. And part Maximoff as well.

"I think she's getting more used to coming to school, though I can't for sure says she enjoys it as much as the others. I heard she had refused to come for daycare at all, in the earlier days."
X-23
X-Factor
"I suppose it is hard for children, to be away from home for any length of time, when they are not so used to it," Laura nodded, talking of Ellie. She knew that her adjustment had been a natural stage of life, and that she had flourished once she had gotten used to it, but it was not something that she had firsthand experience with. Even though she cared for Ellie, Nate and the Moloids, there was so much of their childhood that she simply observed, without any of her own memories.

"I am glad they are doing well. Eventually, if they need it, I shall be on hand to assist with their homework," Laura had already listened to a few reading books, but she was prepared to lend a hand if necessary, especially with languages. Her upbringing had been insular, isolated to the extreme, and cruel, but contrary to belief, she was not ignorant. She had been educated to university level by the age of ten, and was fluent in a number of languages, but she had just never attended a school.

"It is good that she is friends with Rachel. I am happy for that."
Single
played by:
Kristie
X-Men
"If they could be any closer, they'd be actual sisters," Warren said, with a chuckle. Ellie and Rachel were as close as possible, even though they fought like all little children. His god-daughter had her mother's temper (or so he thought) and he knew for a fact that Rachel was turning out to be quite the little madam. "I had to babysit one time, and I don't know how you do it with Ellie, Laura, but it's evidently not something I had a gameplan for."

Warren considered for a moment, then grinned, "actually, I have no idea how Rahne does it either. Day in, day out, twenty kids in one room. It's a nightmare for me."

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll

skinned exclusively for XMR by evvie of caution, shine, & tumblr.

Our Discord

Affiliates & Directories

RPG-D
Top RP Sites Top RP SitesVote for X-Men: Revolution at Top Site List Planet
Shadowplay Topsites Marvel Topsites