WELCOME TO EARTH-740.

X-Men Revolution is an Earth-616 inspired advanced RPG. We are loosely inspired by canon comic and movies, but have our own history, original characters and plots.

Join us as an original character, or pick one from marvel canon!

x-men
REVOLUTION
Pages: (2) 1 2  ( Go to first unread post )
Add Reply
New Poll

Just Checking In
Married to Jean Grey-Summers
played by:
Heather
X-Men
Scott and the Cuckoos
The Cuckoos' Flat
New York

Scott rode the elevator up, alone, accept for the operator who looked sideways at him. He was, after all, not the sort who normally frequented buildings like this, not the wealthiest of places but far richer than most places Scott had ever been in, barring, of course, the mansion that he had been brought to as a penniless fourteen year old orphan. The elevator operator had his suspicions about the quiet man in the dark clothes who came alone to visit those five pretty girls, and Scott's serious, somewhat aloof manner did not exactly endear him to ... well, most people really.

But his name had been on a list and so there wasn't much to be said.

The elevator opened and Scott, with a nod to the operator, exited and ended his journey at the Cuckoos' door. He knocked and waited to be let in. They probably already knew he was here the minute he stepped into the building. They were like their mother in that way.

Stepford Cuckoos
Single
played by:
Cuckoos
Others
School was over for the summer. What that meant was a lot of netflix binges and laying on the couch, a lot of makeovers and hair braiding. Actual normality for once. Occasionaly the few friends they had made at college came and visited, even more occasionaly someone from the school popped by when they were in the area, and every now and then Miss Frost's assistant called to check in.

Waiting by the door was the hard part. They had been in the apartment for a few months now and while not actively listening into the thoughts of the doorman and other staff of the building they were attuned to shifts and changes. Residents came and went without so much of a thought, but a strange man in ruby red glasses and dark clothes who didn't say much certainly set of alarm bells in a building like this.

"Hello Mr Summers"

Sophie smiled politely, finally opening the door a moment after he knocked.

"What brings you to New York?"

Cyclops
played by:
Heather
X-Men
It was sometimes hard for people to tell the Cuckoos apart, but Scott, because he was who he was, rarely had trouble. Each of the girls, as identical as they appeared, had their own ways of moving and speaking, small almost imperceptible differences, that only someone who was notoriously bad at socialization but extremely good at tactical observation might spot. "Sophie," Scott said, with a nod, "I'm just here for a visit. Just because you've left the school doesn't mean I don't have an interest in your well being. May I come before the elevator operator calls the police?"

If she peered down the hall, she might see the operator's head pop back into the elevator, as he tried to pretend he hadn't watched Scott's entire walk down the hall.

Stepford Cuckoos
Single
played by:
Cuckoos
Others
Mr Summers could possibly the only person that consistently managed to tell them apart, other than Miss Frost and other telepaths. She didn't need to peer down the hall to know what the operator was thing, but smirked none the less.

"Worse.... at least for most people. Miss Frost"

She didn't need to be anywhere near to sort any unwanted visitors out, not that the girls weren't capable or sorting any normal intruder themselves.

"Sorry, Of course"

Sophie moved out of the way and moved back to the expansive lounge area that the door led to where the other sisters lay lounged out on couches or in the open plan kitchen.

"Mr Summers"

They all greeted him in unison though not really taking their attention away from their current activities

Cyclops
played by:
Heather
X-Men
Smirking slightly at the mention of Emma, Scott stepped inside at the invitation to enter, and glanced around at the impressive apartment. The other Cuckoos acknowledged him with the laconic laziness of most young people when a boring adult came calling. Really, if their absolute perfection didn't hint at their unnatural origin, there would be nothing to tell them apart from any other twenty-one year olds of privilege.

"Nice apartment, girls," Scott said, "I'm glad to see you keep it tidier than you kept your dorm room. You have a service coming in?" He crossed the room to look out the large window and said, "Nice view too. Emma pulled a few strings, I imagine." He spread his hands, "Jean told me I should bring a gift when visiting, but I don't know what young ladies like as gifts." He flicked his eyes up at the ceiling and said, "Maybe smoke detectors. I don't see any."

With a hitch of his shoulders, Scott nodded to a chair, "Mind?" He took a seat and said, "So, school's over, now, yes? How did it go? Everything you were hoping? Chosen majors, yet?"
Single
played by:
Cuckoos
Others
Sophie returned to where she was sitting before their guest arrived but kept her attention on him unlike her sisters.

"Thank you, and no"

She lied. The cleaner came every second day and was honestly a godsend. In the labs they didn't have enough to make a mess and in the dorms well it was the opposite, too much to keep tidy.

"You don't have to bring anything"

"but jewelerry would be nice"

Phoebe interjected clancing up from her space on the couch, to a dirty look from her sister.

Smoke detectors? That seemed like an adult sort of problem, and not something they should concern themselves with.

Sophie gestured and simply nodded in reply to his query about a seat.

"It was great Mr Summers, all the people and nobody flying through windows, and normal classes"

"Law"

"Business"

"Music"

"Math"

"Psychology"

The girls sounded off in turn followed with

"Would you like a drink? We have Water, Diet coke or... Champagne"

from the kitchen. Well they figured Miss Frost wouldn't accept Prosecco on a credit card bill.

Cyclops
played by:
Heather
X-Men
Chuckling at Phoebe's comment, Scott said, "Yes, that would go over well with the wife."

"I'll take a coke, thank you," Scott answered as he was offered one after the girls recited their majors. He nodded in approval, "Excellent choices, all, and I very pleased that you're each majoring in a different field. I was hoping you'd find your individual interests once you were allowed a little distance. No problems coming up, I trust? Your mother showed me your grades. Very very proud of how well you're doing."

Emma, of course, did not have a maternal bone in her body, and Jean was not entirely pleased with Scott taking a paternal interest in the girls. But he had been a kid without a family, he couldn't help but care for those who needed a guiding hand... even if they didn't believe they needed it.

Stepford Cuckoos
Single
played by:
Cuckoos
Others
Phoebe frowned at the mention of Mrs Summers, they of course knew why she was a little off with the sisters, her history with Miss Frost wasn't exactly a big secret with them, but it had even gone as far as to blame them when everybody went missing when they crashed and met Krakoa. The other sisters of course told her that Mr Summers meant it as a joke, telepathically of course.

Esme in the kitchen nodded and grabbed a coke from the fridge and threw it over the counter to a seated Mr Summers.

"We'd be finished in a year if we all did the same subject"

"means we'd miss three more years of college"

And that would be pointless.

"You mean you asked her about our grades?"

Miss Frost, had never really been a mother to them, not like the others had. They couldn't blame her, having five eighteen year olds just sprung upon you would be sure to rock anybody and with them all close enough to independant there had never been much need for mothering.

Cyclops
played by:
Heather
X-Men
Scott caught the coke without even shifting too much in his chair, and then, knowing it was probably shaken to the point of exploding, merely cracked the tab, and tapped on it to expel the activated carbonation, waiting for the hissing to stop before he opened it all the way.

He smiled slightly at their eagerness to finish all of college at a normal pace. He'd never been but Hank, Jean and Warren had, and they'd all been very.... involved. His smile, small as it was, did not fade as the girls expressed surprise that he'd asked about their grades. "Of course, I asked," he said, "How would it reflect on our school if we sent you off to college to flunk out your freshmen year?"

There was more to it than that, but Scott didn't really need to say it, not to the quintet of telepaths.

Stepford Cuckoos
Single
played by:
Cuckoos
Others
"You asking"

"Means that she didn't offer it"

The remaining sisters looked round to Mr Summers as if finally noticing him.

Missing out on childhood was something that the girls really did not miss, especially not after meeting children. But missing out on having parents was something that was hard to escape when everybody they knew had stories, mutants and humans alike. Even Mr Summers who lost his parents at a young age had found his father again.

"We bet when Rachel goes to college you'll be telling everyone who gives you second how well she's doing"

"But.... You also want to know if we've been behaving in other ways too?"

Sophie tapped her head with two fingers

Cyclops
played by:
Heather
X-Men
"Don't be too hard on Emma, girls," Scott said, "She's trying. She was very smug when she showed me the grades. Thought I was foolish for even entertaining the thought that they were less than perfect. It's her way of bragging, and it's really very sweet."

Sophie tapped on her head, and Scott shrugged. "If I tell you not to use your powers, would you listen to me? I'm not your father, not even your teacher anymore. I would like you make the right choices on your own, but ultimately, you're going to have to figure what that is for yourself. I'm visiting, not to check up on you, but because I want to make sure you have everything you need, and some of the things you want." He glanced at Phoebe, "Except for jewelry."

Stepford Cuckoos
Single
played by:
Cuckoos
Others
They shrugged. Miss Frost had done a lot for them, more than they could have expected considering the situation she had been put in. Didn't mean that sometimes they didn't want her to bring them a cake on their birthday (whenever it is) or give them a talk about boys no matter how embarrassing it might be. Smug they could see, more with them being a reflection of herself. Sweet though, yea they couldn't imagine her as sweet.

Well no.. but"

"we don't take it for granted"

"There's a pizza place round the corner, the owner lets us order telepathically"

"Don't worry he's nice, we checked, but thats really it"

The girls smiled and narrowed their eyes at him.

"Making sure we have everything we need"

"Isn't that exactly checking up?"

"Miss Frost gave us credit cards"

"With a few limits"

"But we've been mostly sensible"

"New dresses and shoes only when needed"

"Like when we were invited to the Valentines ball at the Hellfire Club"

Cyclops

played by:
Heather
X-Men
Scott shook his head, "That's a dangerous game, girls. The Hellfire Club isn't just a high society nightclub. The people there are dangerous and have ulterior motives for absolutely everything that they do."

He made a mental note to check with Warren and Emma to find out if there was anything to be concerned with.

Stepford Cuckoos
Single
played by:
Cuckoos
Others
They shook their head in reply just a little, the concern from Mr Summers was obvious though pretty unwaranted considering the ball.

"Like Miss Frost?"

"And you have Mr Coleridge's children at the school"

"We can handle ourselves"

Of that they were sure, whether they were right was left to be seen.

"All we did was dance with Mr Coleridge and have a few drinks

"Though we did run into Miss Braddock at a coffee house a while back, she offered to help us with our telepathy"

Cyclops
played by:
Heather
X-Men
Scott narrowed his eyes behind his glasses and said, "If I were you, I would discuss Miss Braddock's offer with your mother before you meet with her again."

He sighed and said, "Emma left the Hellfire for a reason, and Coleridge brought his kids to the school to give them a better life. If he believed in the shiny that the Club offered, he wouldn't have sent them away."

Checking his watch, Scott said, "Well, I think I've taken up enough of your time, girls. I'm sure you don't need a boring old man sitting around lecturing you about being careful around people who would take advantage of young ladies who might not have experienced a lot of life."

Stepford Cuckoos

Topic Options
Pages: (2) 1 2 
Add Reply
New Poll

skinned exclusively for XMR by evvie of caution, shine, & tumblr.

Our Discord

Affiliates & Directories

RPG-D
Top RP Sites Top RP SitesVote for X-Men: Revolution at Top Site List Planet
Shadowplay Topsites Marvel Topsites