WELCOME TO EARTH-740.

X-Men Revolution is an Earth-616 inspired advanced RPG. We are loosely inspired by canon comic and movies, but have our own history, original characters and plots.

Join us as an original character, or pick one from marvel canon!

x-men
REVOLUTION

Add Reply

Need To Make Some Changes, [Tag] Jean, Illyana, Logan
It's Complicated
played by:
Trey
X-Men
.: February 15th, 2018:.
.: Rasputin Household, Westchester County, New York :.
.: 1:35 PM :.

If Piotr had to say one good thing about the time that his sister was lost to him, it was that she never seemed to have lost her sense of whimsy during her time in the place she called Limbo. She was, for all intents and purposes, the same carefree girl he’d known all her life. Though he couldn’t remember it, his little Snowflake was the kind of woman that would sacrifice anything and anyone for her family, abandon all else if her brother or nephew needed her. Nuya loved her; Piotr adored her, even when she was being mildly flippant about certain rules he had for his son if/ when she babysat for him.

But such things had to be ignored when other things came to light. He’d heard about the time she nearly killed Billy for an experiment. An experiment on something that hadn’t been necessary in the first place. And the, more recently, she’d left Scott and Logan, and his friend (also Logan’s girlfriend) Jet in the frozen wilderness with Creed and a killer robot. How did he know all of this? Well, the first one he’d learned through the grapevine, for neither Yana nor Billy had told him themselves. But Logan has practically kicked Piotr’s door in to scream and rant about the insane blonde sociopath that had left him to die with his most hated enemy.

So there were four different acquaintances of both Rasputin adults, that Piotr knew about, that had been put in danger by Yana herself. Piotr was unwilling to ignore that simply because it was his own sister. He’d do anything for her, and hated hurting her in any way, but he could not stand by and let others he loved be hurt either. When Logan finally left, Piotr had done his damnedest to ignore it, days went by, weeks, but it was there, in the back of his head. It nagged at him during class, watching tv, playing with his son, and it kept growing until finally, halfway through January, the man known as the Colossus picked up his phone and called the one person he trusted more than any others that could help his sister.

“Hey, Jean, listen, I need a favor. It’s about Illyana...”

.: 4:45 PM :.
.: Piotr’s Home :.

“Ok, so I’m not exactly sure how she’s going to react, but this is the only thing I can think of to help her, Jean. At a certain point I have to be the older brother and stop her from endangering people, right? So be prepared for anything. She might decide to pop us into space, or she might relax and say she’s been trying to get us to do this since she got back, who knows?”

With a sigh, and a quick popping of his neck, Piotr Rasputin pulls out his cellphone and texts his sister, not trusting himself to call her. His worry trust something in his voice would tip her off was too strong.

<Hey, Can you come over to the house? I need you for a bit.> Piotr checked it twice before he hit send and looked up at Jean, an awkward smile on his face.

“It won’t take long if she’s coming.”

Jean
Magik
--------------------
user posted image
Jean
X-Men
“Piotr, I know this won’t be easy, but it’s for her own good.” Jean said.

Of all the struggles and trials she’d faced over the years, it was cases like Piotr’s sister that were the worst. Not because it would stretch her telepathic talents to their limits, but because they were so difficult for others to understand their necessity. Most didn’t understand and she would have to fight a battle on two fronts: her patient, and her friends and colleagues who disapproved.

As they waited for Yana’s arrival, if she came, Jean sent out probing tendrils of thought, pinpointing other people around them: Piotr’s neighbors, people walking, cars driving by; they all were subtly nudged to find somewhere else to be for the next hour or so and calmly leave the area. Hopefully, these precautious would end up being unnecessary, but better safe than sorry.

Piotr had called her because he had finally come to accept that his sister was unpredictable, volatile, and a danger to ours as well as herself.

Jean surveyed Piotr’s home, the pictures on the walls, the touches of personality trying to get a personal feeling of Yana. “Do you know if she has any close friends? Perhaps people who would like to come and visit her or be concerned by her absence.”

Magik
Colossus
sure
played by:
Timid
Magik
X-Factor
Meanwhile, at the site of a horrific accident resulting in 3 fatalities in Rio de Janeiro….

Illyana Rasputina was occupied, as she so often was these days, with replenishing her mystical “batteries”. When she had been around William, or Wanda, or Strange it had been so easy, so effortless to simply tap into a fraction of their vast mystic powers and establish her own effects. Now however, she had to resort to harder and stranger acts simply to keep her reserves fresh.

Rio was a great source of power to the trained conjurer, such mirth and festivities, such suffering and poverty. Two leylines crisscrossed and bisected the city, providing tantalizing power the Magik was slowly leeching off of. Her need was great, today was a day of great change, the day her future casts could not see past. Any moment now a message would arrive, a missive from the author of her new fate.

Some part of the strange blonde woman knew she was spiraling ever further down, was losing everything she had ever claimed to want. She had been given so many chances, had so many people try to help her. The Darkchylde had pushed them all away, had made mockery of their beliefs, had assaulted or abandoned all who might have influenced her for good. She would continue to do so, must continue to do so, pressed on by a manic need to keep moving, to never be held captive to another in any way. In short she was broken, made mad by her past and unable to change, to move past what had shaped her.

Still, she was a powerful mutant, a well learned wielder of the arts arcane, so she improvised. When faced with unknown events that you knew would change what happened next, you prepared. So Illyana Rasputina summed up all the magical energies she had, all of the weave of life and death energies she could tap, and placed her current state of being into a small green stone. The spell would deprive her of any access to magic for weeks, yet, in her mind, it was a wise security measure. Then she checked her phone and with a smile, disappeared through a golden disc.

16:46
Piotr’s home

@ golden flash signaled her arrival, the sky d of yelling people from Rio filled the air behind her and swiftly faded. Magik was dressed in a shirt and bikini bottom combo that were a fit for Rio, not a living room. In her left hand she held a tiny green stone, swiftly pressed into Piotr’s hand.

“That is for Nuya, please do ensure he looks after it with care. Greetings Jean Grey-Summers. Might I inquire as to why you are within our family home?”
--------------------
user posted image
All of the things we're taking
'Cause we are young and we're ashamed
Send us to perfect places
All of our heroes fading
Now I can't stand to be alone
Let's go to perfect places
It's Complicated
played by:
Trey
X-Men
“You’re right, it’s for her own good.” He sighed, somehow feeling that, even now when it was too late to stop this, that he was somehow betraying Illyana.

“I know how much she needs this, and I know that she can’t stay how she is, for the sake of others, I just...” he shook his head, “it feels like I’m selling her out at the same time.”

Did she have friends? Illyana was always introducing Piotr to new and strange people that he rarely saw more than once. He’d met so many people that she’d brought from whatever interesting place she’d recently visited, and mostly returned to their homes, though sometimes not. But none of these people did he consider to be her close friends. She didn’t talk about them after he’d met them, at least not to him. She spoke more about her team at the Brownstone than social acquaintances.

“Alex and Lorna, probably?” He finally said, concerned that he didn’t know more about her real life. “Maybe Johnny and the other clones?”

He wanted to elaborate further, but then Yana was there, and she was acting as she always was. As if she was just coming from somewhere vastly more interesting than his home. The sounds of her previous location died as fast as the portal did, but he thought he heard yelling. She handed him a small green stone, asking him to give it to Nuya. With a smile and a nod, for she was always bringing interesting, or random, gifts for her favorite nephew, Piotr slid the stone into his pocket.

“I’ll be sure he gets it, Snowflake. And Jean is here because she thinks, as... as I do, that it’s time we try to help you out.” It sounded stupid in his head. He couldn’t help himself from thinking that somehow this was never going to work.
--------------------
user posted image
Jean
X-Men
Alex and Lorna and Jonny, Jean nodded, but Piotr hadn’t sounded confident in his answer. He wouldn’t be the first family member to not really know what his relations were up to when they went off on their own. It wasn’t surprising, considering that he was a single parent to a young son, and also being an X-Man; he had a lot on his plate.

He’d always struck her as a person who cared deeply; perhaps in some ways, too deeply.

Yana joined them with a flood of noise from wherever she’d been. Jean turned and greeted her with a friendly smile.

“…. Greetings Jean Grey-Summers. Might I inquire as to why you are within our family home?”

“… And Jean is here because she thinks, as... as I do, that it’s time we try to help you out.”

“You’ve done a very good job of settling back into life here, after your difficult life in that other place. Everyone hoped that being back with your family and making friends would be enough for you to fit back into life here.” Jean tilted her head to one side and gave Yana a sympathetic look. “But you need more help. I hear there was some trouble with Billy Kaplan and that caused Alex to make a hard decision.”

“Piotr is worried that you’re having a more difficult time fitting into this world than he thought at first. The behavior you grew up with, that helped you survive over than, doesn’t work so well here. I’m here to help you. The difficult time you’re having here… it doesn’t have to be like that. This world and how to fit in, doesn’t have to be so confusing to you. What do you think?”

Magik , Colossus
sure
played by:
Timid
Magik
X-Factor
Illyana smiled at Jean, let her words flow over her. They were nice words, well meaning as well. They spoke of differences and healing and becoming and change. Their speaker most likely believed these words, truly and deeply. Piotr certainly did or else he'd never have asked her to come. However, and this was where the hastily assembled trio differed, they were just words. Magik had heard words like them before, when she was a girl of 10.

Oh the promises made, the help offered, the chance at a great and wonderful life. Next would be talk of how much better things could be, how amazing everything would become if she just did what they asked. When she invariably said no, bit their extended hands for daring to tell her who to be, words would become curses, become threats. Hands held out with offers of help would become fists raised in anger. It was always this way.

Of course, the two in front of her, even with one being a telepath, couldn't know that, would never see it. They sought to help, to elevate, to grow Illyana, never seeing how condescending that entire idea was. She was a broken toy, she did not fit, she was not normal. So now she must change. Always the same tale, always her fault.

“Ah yes, Wiccan and our arcane duel. We clashed, he escalated, eventually he sought to sever my souls from my being. I beat him nearly to death for his attempt and spared him for being so bold at to try such an act. Mr. Alex Summers and Mrs. Lorna Summers-Dane believe this to mean I might prove a danger to their children. I have never said otherwise.”

Magik’s tone was cool, calm, dispassionate but not disinterested. She did love her brother dearly even when he was being stupid after all. The blonde had little love for Xavier and his minions however. It would be so easy to leave, to simply scoff and walk away. A better reaction would be to headbutt Jean for her arrogance and never place herself near Xavier’s costly dream again. For a moment Yana tensed, quite happy to push things in that direction.

One thing, only one thing stopped her. Though her mind was fractured and bent, though she was of whim and the arcane, Illyana Rasputina had been raised to respect the domain of others. This was the home of her brother, her nephew. She would not darken its halls with violence.

“Very well, I shall indulge your fanatic idealism. Of course you can help the whole world, one lost girl at a time. What do you have in mind, Mrs. Jean Grey-Summers?”

Then Illyana turned to her brother and taking up his massive right arm in both of hers, draped it around herself and leaned against him. She used a tiny stepping disc to rise high enough to kiss his cheek then placed herself under his arm again. Using the language of their birth she shared her feelings with him.

<”What is next Piotr? Having Nuya beg me to be a good auntie? Invoking the names of our parents? Null technology? Perhaps you will send men to break my legs when you find you can not break my spirit? I shall indulge you, this one time, dearest brother. You are one half of the only family I have after all. Do as you have decided you must, when it all falls apart I shall do my best to forgive you. Again.”>

Her tone was soft, gleeful even, a mask for the harsh words she gave, the betrayal she felt. Yana could not fault her brother for his beliefs, for loving her and wanting the best for his little sister. She could and did fault him for leaving her in Limbo however, faulted everyone attached to Xavier. She had saved herself, raised herself, become who she was herself. Who had the right to change that?
--------------------
user posted image
All of our heroes fading
Jean
X-Men
Jean played along, letting her arm hug Yana and her cheek be kissed; although the image inducer created a buffer, since the real Piotr was so much larger than she was. However, Jean’s telekinesis complimented the hologram, augmenting its solidity. She suspected Yana wouldn’t come peacefully and that her resistance to mental powers might be a problem; she was grateful that Piotr had agreed to the idea of them using image inducers. It would allow Jean to get close to Yana and do what would be difficult for Piotr and only make a painful situation worse for him.

Yana’s cutting words didn’t make Jean bleed, as they would’ve Piotr, but of course that had been Yana’s intention; causing pain was embedded in her psyche now and was a prime example why this was all necessary.

Looking deeply into Yana’s eyes through the image of Piotr, <“I also hope that you can forgive me, Snowflake.” > He (She) replied in Russian, taking Yana’s hands lovingly into his. The null cuffs closed around Yana’s wrists. There wasn’t going to be any pleading. No attempts to reason with her; if she was capable of being reasoned with, Jean wouldn’t have been called in, not like this anyway. Jean knew the futility of trying to reason with someone who was by their very nature unreasonable. She wasn’t going to be sucked into playing that game.

For a moment Jean debated whether or not to continue the ruse but after having put the cuffs on her as Piotr, she couldn’t let Yana continue to believe he had cuffed her.

“Don’t be angry with your brother, he only wants get you help, the help you’ve needed for a long time. If you have to be angry with someone, be angry at me.” Jean said and deactivated her image inducer and stood before Yana, hovering off the ground to mimic Piotr’s extraordinary height.

:: Piotr, after the treatment, I doubt she’ll remember this moment, or what she says now. If it’s bitter, don’t hold it against her, she’s ill. :: Jean sent the thought to Piotr and hoped Yana’s reaction wouldn’t be too ugly. She readied her telekinesis to block any attack and contain Yana, if she decided that words weren’t going to be enough.

Colossus , Magik
sure
played by:
Timid
Magik
X-Factor
Illyana did not so much as flinch as the cuffs slipped on to her wrists. This was the day her projections ended after all, the day when change happened. Which meant much would be outside her control. The movements were too quick, the ruse too well made for her to have time to react and stop it. Instead she simply stayed still and watched it happen, observing as if from outside herself and waiting for the inevitable chance to come along to alter events. If one was patient and persistent enough, opportunity would always come along.

“Daughter of sun, lover of the single visioned, you set things in motion today that will lie only upon your own head. I thank you for making sure I blame only the right person for their actions. Piotr is only a man, a man cursed by his own nobility. I have no doubt he means the best for me. You however, you shall reap what you now sew.”

There was no point to fighting at the present moment, no matter the damage Illyana might be able to inflict upon Jean, there was no exit path, no refuge she could get to. Piotr would restrain her if the witch did not, which would be more then the tiny blonde could bear in the halls of her family’s home. It was a bitter irony, being threatened with violence after deciding to do none herself. Illyana rolled her shoulders and let out a soft curse in Russian as she tested the limits of her capture device. No portal sprung into life, her magicks were still exhausted, her mind was still locked down. It would have to be enough.

“Very well, do as you will. One day I shall repay you thrice over and I am sure to enjoy it. Piotr, remember I love you and this harpy has no reason to. Please make sure Nuya gets his present and I shall see you when they have “fixed” me. If arcane gangsters show up on the hunt for me, I recommend you call madison Jefferies.”

Signaling defeat, or perhaps only the appearance of such, Yana held out her bound wrists and hung her head, a compliant victim of circumstance. Well, for the moment at least. The blonde was a clever girl prone to living free no matter the expense. This meekness did not become her nor would it last long.
--------------------
user posted image
All of our heroes fading

Topic Options
Add Reply

skinned exclusively for XMR by evvie of caution, shine, & tumblr.

Our Discord

Affiliates & Directories

RPG-D
Top RP Sites Top RP SitesVote for X-Men: Revolution at Top Site List Planet
Shadowplay Topsites Marvel Topsites